Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 392

Thread: Blue wave my ass!

  1. #361
    Member IndySteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    8,862
    Rep Power
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

    The house doesn't mean much as it used too.
    .
    The House has been Blue the last two years anyway, with the do-nothing, anti-Trump GOPe pieces of crap.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  2. #362
    Jeff Flake - GONE!

    Bob Corker - GONE!

    John McCain - DEAD GONE!

    Never Trumper Scott Walker - GONE!

    Paul Ryan and all the Boehner Boys - GONE!

    The Following 5 Users Like This Post:



  3. #363
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    1,047
    Rep Power
    72
    I am still in tears, I'm so disappointed in people, I'm bummed, I'll admit it. I've waited for two years for tonight, I just can't believe how many of our neighbors support what the GOP has become
    What the GOP has become.....LOL that's rich.....

  4. #364
    Member IndySteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    8,862
    Rep Power
    234
    The DNC spent millions and millions of dollars on the races in Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Texas etc... and pissed it all away, lol. Everyone Obama campaigned for lost. Everyone who voted against Kavanaugh lost. Everyone who embraced Trump won. The R's who distanced themselves from Trump lost. All in all a decent night. 2020 looks good. Libtards are calling for a Beto/Gillum ticket. Really? Please do that.

    The Following 6 Users Like This Post:



  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by IndySteel View Post
    Everyone Obama campaigned for lost.

    Everyone who voted against Kavanaugh lost.

    Everyone who embraced Trump won.

    The R's who distanced themselves from Trump lost.

    Libtards are calling for a Beto/Gillum ticket. Really? Please do that.

    great stuff


    I'm hearing Kamala Harris/Beto ticket for 2020

  6. #366
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    10,374
    Rep Power
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by IndySteel View Post
    The House has been Blue the last two years anyway, with the do-nothing, anti-Trump GOPe pieces of crap.
    Republicans can do better than Paul Ryan. Time to elect a new minority whip.
    Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. He has won a playoff game in just 4 of his 11 seasons, and most of those came early.

  7. #367
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    10,374
    Rep Power
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by IndySteel View Post
    The DNC spent millions and millions of dollars on the races in Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Texas etc... and pissed it all away, lol. Everyone Obama campaigned for lost. Everyone who voted against Kavanaugh lost. Everyone who embraced Trump won. The R's who distanced themselves from Trump lost. All in all a decent night. 2020 looks good. Libtards are calling for a Beto/Gillum ticket. Really? Please do that.
    Beto scares me. He's got talent, and he can hide his liberal tendencies because he has no real record to examine. Out of all the races, I wanted Cruz to win the most. A loss here would have been an issue. I do not think he can run in 2020. If he was a senator, sure.
    Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. He has won a playoff game in just 4 of his 11 seasons, and most of those came early.

  8. #368
    Member ZonaBurgh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in Arizona
    Posts
    1,855
    Rep Power
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Skott View Post
    Hawley may upset McCaskill in MO for Senate.

    I just hope McSally wins in AZ. That Sinema chick is a evil nutjob.
    Sinema is a real chameleon to be sure. Problem is that AZ's population is growing so fast, that most haven't lived here long enough to remember her from 20 years ago.

    Results may not be known until this weekend, McSally is currently up by 16K votes, with a lot of mail in's yet to be counted.

  9. #369
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    And they don't like minorities doing better under Trump either. A rather racists point of view.
    Yet they have the Minorities ear. Hate to say it but stereotype is real.


    Sent from my SM-J700T using Steeler Nation mobile app

  10. #370
    Some of you are rather funny. The financial crisis took the annual deficit to 1.4 trillion, unemployment to over 10% and the Dow down to the 6500
    range and Obama turns that around to a deficit of 500 billion, unemployment under 5% and a Dow more than tripling to 20,000 and you call that failing.

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by IndySteel View Post
    The DNC spent millions and millions of dollars on the races in Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Texas etc... and pissed it all away, lol. Everyone Obama campaigned for lost. Everyone who voted against Kavanaugh lost. Everyone who embraced Trump won. The R's who distanced themselves from Trump lost. All in all a decent night. 2020 looks good. Libtards are calling for a Beto/Gillum ticket. Really? Please do that.
    i can't find the one article but our said only 12 out of 30 since trump endorsed won. not sure if these were just contested seats or what. overall trump was 48-32, but some of those were "very safe" seats.
    Last edited by jitter77; 11-07-2018 at 11:55 AM.

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by ZonaBurgh View Post
    McSally is currently up by 16K votes, with a lot of mail in's yet to be counted.

    Let's not forget to thank our Vote Your Conscience GREEN PARTY voters!


    The Green Party strikes again, this time likely winning the Arizona Senate seat for Republican Martha McSally:

    Democrat Krysten Sinema trailing by fewer than 15,000 votes in #azsen with 99% reporting. The Green Party candidate got nearly 40,000 votes


    https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/...=twitchywidget

  13. #373
    Member
    MTC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Beaconville
    Posts
    12,434
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    288
    Dems are done lol

  14. #374
    Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Southern Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,099
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by 21STEELERS21 View Post
    Some of you are rather funny. The financial crisis took the annual deficit to 1.4 trillion, unemployment to over 10% and the Dow down to the 6500
    range and Obama turns that around to a deficit of 500 billion, unemployment under 5% and a Dow more than tripling to 20,000 and you call that failing.
    Don't forget who was in charge of the House and Senate for a couple years leading up to and during the financial meltdown. That all gets easily forgotten as it was all Bush's fault and thus the Republican's fault.
    No Steeler Chili for you 6 weeks!

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  15. #375
    Esteemed Throbbing Member

    Superman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Trampa, FL
    Posts
    10,661
    Rep Power
    270
    Beto/Gillum or Gillum/Beto would be difficult.
    not so much on the ideas or platforms

    they'd run on the same tired "feelings" of redemption, coming together, ending racism, etc, etc.
    it'd be like another Bomma campaign, but with younger candidates.

  16. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Just pack up the truck and move.

    VA is turning bluer by the year. So many people moving here from up North and California. Plus we have Northern VA to boot. The Republican won our district and I hear he is the only VA born candidate. I'm sure they'll be after him and make his life so miserable he won't run again like the guy who proceeded him
    I want to see how the GA governor's race pans out first. If that miserable black cow wins, I won't move back there.
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it".--- Ferris Bueller

    "Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way."---- Jimmy Buffett

    7/6/50-8/4/12 RIP Daddy.

  17. #377
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Don't forget who was in charge of the House and Senate for a couple years leading up to and during the financial meltdown. That all gets easily forgotten as it was all Bush's fault and thus the Republican's fault.
    It isn't "forgotten " it is IGNORED.

  18. #378
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    LP in the burgh
    Posts
    6,848
    Rep Power
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by 21STEELERS21 View Post
    Some of you are rather funny. The financial crisis took the annual deficit to 1.4 trillion, unemployment to over 10% and the Dow down to the 6500
    range and Obama turns that around to a deficit of 500 billion, unemployment under 5% and a Dow more than tripling to 20,000 and you call that failing.
    Obama was a miserable failure at economic recovery, and I voted for him the first time... the correct move was to let companies that ran themselves poorly fail and be taken over by smaller better run companies... too big to fail was an economic disaster that really only insulated the rich executives...

  19. #379
    Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Southern Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,099
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Beto/Gillum or Gillum/Beto would be difficult.
    not so much on the ideas or platforms

    they'd run on the same tired "feelings" of redemption, coming together, ending racism, etc, etc.
    it'd be like another Bomma campaign, but with younger candidates.
    I agree. With some luck the powers that be in that party will give us a dusty ticket with the old guard running but I bet they go young.

    Its a changing political climate and I think it is going to be very difficult to fend off socialism/communism much longer. The House will create laws to make the Republicans look like uncaring, women, minority and immigrant haters as they fail to pass the senate, then use that as the low hanging fruit for the low information voter to consume in 2020. I expect a radical shift to the left in 2 years and once people have had enough of that, it will shift back to the right. Rinse & Repeat Each time advancing further left and maybe getting back to center when it switches back to the right. Interesting times ahead no doubt...Lots of things to look forward to especially when it comes to healthcare, higher taxes and premiums, less competition, lower quality.

    I'm pissed the Republicans could not maintain control of the House but I'm more pissed that Congress did not do all they could have done while they had control of all 3 branches. What a waste of 2 years. I do think if they had better results like actually killing Obamacare, immigration reform, etc. then the voters would have sent a lot of those folks back to DC. Didn't happen
    Last edited by JMM; 11-07-2018 at 02:07 PM.
    No Steeler Chili for you 6 weeks!

  20. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    I agree. With some luck the powers that be in that party will give us a dusty ticket with the old guard running but I bet they go young.

    Its a changing political climate and I think it is going to be very difficult to fend off socialism/communism much longer. The House will create laws to make the Republicans look like uncaring, women, minority and immigrant haters as they fail to pass the senate, then use that as the low hanging fruit for the low information voter to consume in 2020. I expect a radical shift to the left in 2 years and once people have had enough of that, it will shift back to the right. Rinse & Repeat Each time advancing further left and maybe getting back to center when it switches back to the right. Interesting times ahead no doubt...Lots of things to look forward to especially when it comes to healthcare, higher taxes and premiums, less competition, lower quality.

    I'm pissed the Republicans could not maintain control of the House but I'm more pissed that Congress did not do all they could have done while they had control of all 3 branches. What a waste of 2 years. I do think if they had better results like actually killing Obamacare, immigration reform, etc. then the voters would have sent a lot of those folks back to DC. Didn't happen
    Killing Obamacare was never going to happen because the Republicans STILL can't decide on what they want to replace it. About 1/3rd want "nothing", about 1/3rd want something in the middle and about 1/3rd want Obamacare with changes. The proper outcome to Obamacare all along has been "changes" to it. Maybe you can get 2/3rd of Democrats and 1/3rd of Republicans now in the House to work and find good changes to Obamacare that the Senate will approve. That would be fine by me.

    As far as Immigration, I'm disappointed too, but not in the Republicans. That god damn activist judge got involved and stayed the elimination of DACA by Trump's executive order was the problem (to this day, I can't figure out how a judge could decide one executive order can't repeal another executive order). That took all the bargaining power away from the Republicans to make SIGNIFICANT changes to our immigration system. The democrats just sat on that court decision and (properly) decided to do nothing. I don't blame them for that, that's what they should have done. Hopefully over the next 2 years, we get a judicial ruling that overturns the "stay" on eliminating DACA, the bargaining chip comes back, and we get solid immigration reform, and that will happen regardless of whether the House is (R) or (D).

    Immigration reform is coming. It HAS too because it's too fucked up the way it is and now (thanks to Trump), everyone know it.

    I am a bit disappointed in Ryan and the House that they didn't sent a lot of small laws/bills like crazy to the Senate for approval. Everything doesn't have to be massive 1000 page laws. They could have and should have passed 100's of small, significant pieces of legislation that could have helped this country run better. But Ryan was an asshole and is now part of the "one big bill a year with tons of pork" mentality that is our Congress now.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation