Page 1 of 85 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh hearing

Kavanaugh hearing

Im stuck on a plane... can only read transcripts... sounds amazingly hilarious though... political party meltdowns are always so entertaining

The Following User Likes This Post:

Throw the rabble rousers out!

ha ha

Democrats move to adjourn Kavanaugh hearing, Grassley rejects motion

Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing quickly devolved into a farce Tuesday morning with screeching protesters and Democrats demanding the committee be shut down immediately.

“We cannot possibly move forward,” demanded Sen. Kamala Harris, California Democrat.

“I move to adjourn!” added Sen. Richard Blumenthal, Connecticut Democrat.

Committee Chairman Charles E. Grassley shot him down, saying they weren’t even in executive session so they couldn’t vote to adjourn.

He also threatened to keep the committee in session through the weekend to finish the confirmation hearing if Democrats continue their interruptions and demands.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...naugh-hearing/

Cruz gives the hysterical commies a reality check:

12:38 PM: Cruz says Kavanaugh battle is nothing more than an attempt to “re-litigate” the 2016 presidential election. He says Gorsuch/Kavanaugh have a “super legitimacy” because voters in 2016 knew the election was about the Supreme Court. He points out that Trump released his list of potential Supreme Court nominees for voters to know. He also specifically cites free speech, religious liberty, and the Second Amendment as being important to 2016 voters. Cruz notes that Clinton specifically said that she would appoint Justices to overturn the seminal ruling in Heller. Cruz says overturning the individual right to keep and bear arms (Heller) would be “radical” because it could potentially “erase” the Second Amendment from the Bill of Rights.

Hilarious!

LOCK THEM UP!

'If this were a court of law' Democrats 'would be held in contempt.'

Cornyn Accuses Dem Colleagues of Mob Rule

Texas GOP senator John Cornyn, the majority whip, accused Democrats of promoting “mob rule.”

“I would suggest that if this were a court of law, that virtually every member on the dais on that [Democratic] side would be held in contempt of court because this whole process is supposed to be a civil one where people get to ask questions and we get to get answers”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...mpt-court.html
    Last edited by Spike; 09-04-2018 at 01:45 PM.

What a circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    What a circus.
    But remember, TRUMP is the bad guy! He's the only one that tells lies! He's the only one that we have to worry about! Tibs will be along any moment and tell you everyone on TV today is a civil servant dedicated to the American people and a bastion of truth, justice and the American way! Trump is the bad guy and needs to be brought down to SAVE OUR REPUBLIC!!! And people like this is congress are much better suited to be President of the United States because they don't use Twitter or lie or embarrass the U.S. overseas!!!

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

What an embarrassing day for the Left. The recordings are hard to listen to. Screeching, shrieking and throwing fits during what is supposed to be a civilized proceeding. Dems are the party of intolerance, disruption, chaos and communism. Democrats everywhere should be sick with shame.

Obstruction: Democrats Begin Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing with 62 Interruptions

4 Sep 2018240
    Senate Democrats threw a tantrum on Tuesday during the opening of the confirmation hearing for Supreme Court Justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
    Abandoning decorum, Senate Democrats interrupted the proceedings 62 times, without waiting for proper recognition from the chair, and many of them spoke out of turn.

Sen. Richard Blumenthal led Senate Democrats by interrupting the proceedings 21 times, and Corey Booker interrupted 13 times while his staff sent out fundraising letters based on his performance.

Here is the current count of interruptions, according to the Republican National Committee, during the first two hours of the hearing:

INTERRUPTIONS:

Richard Blumenthal 21

Cory Booker 13

Christopher Coons 2

Dick Durbin 0

Dianne Feinstein 0

Kamala Harris 9

Mazie Hirono 8

Amy Klobuchar 5

Patrick Leahy 2

Sheldon Whitehouse 2

TOTAL 62

NBC reported that Senate Democrats planned the disruption over the phone with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. But the protests did not have their intended effect as the hearings continued.

Republican senators condemned the interruptions as Democrats trying to enact “mob rule” over the serious nature of the confirmation hearing.
    Last edited by IndySteel; 09-04-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Demonrats making themselves look like complete fools. The typical Demonrat has said, "Uh, duh.....I am not voting for him no matter what. Lie, lie, lie.... as I said, I have never met the guy or interviewed him and I am not voting for him....lie, lie, lie....he will not get rid of the constitution so I won't vote for him...lie, lie, lie..."

A bunch of irrational, spoiled children. It's almost cute, in a very sad way.

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    Demonrats making themselves look like complete fools. The typical Demonrat has said, "Uh, duh.....I am not voting for him no matter what. Lie, lie, lie.... as I said, I have never met the guy or interviewed him and I am not voting for him....lie, lie, lie....he will not get rid of the constitution so I won't vote for him...lie, lie, lie..."
    Democrats can't win here, but they sure do a good job of making themselves look foolish and firing up a republican base near mid terms.
    Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. He has won a playoff game in just 4 of his 11 seasons, and most of those came early.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Forefather

Petulant little children. DC has crossed the point of no return when it comes to civility and bipartisanship.

This isnít a confirmation hearing. This is a I hate Trump podium

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Well Yippy Skippy - Author Unknown

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

It's also a "we are definitely losing in November" meltdown.

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy92040 View Post
    This isn’t a confirmation hearing. This is a I hate Trump podium.
    Of course.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

Cue the Soros rent a mob

Rat Collusion to Obstruct a Justice

"We Saw Protesters Paid In Cash To Disrupt Brett Kavanaugh Hearing"

While waiting on line, they say they witnessed protesters being paid in cash to cause trouble in the hearing and in the public line to get in, Tuesday on Capitol Hill.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...h_hearing.html

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    Demonrats making themselves look like complete fools. "
    Make them pay

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

So much for the McCain funeral calls for bi-partisan fellowship......the way John would have liked. What a joke. A disgrace.
    You lost. Get over it.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by suncitysteel View Post
    Petulant little children. DC has crossed the point of no return when it comes to civility and bipartisanship.
    The sad thing is, is that they're likely patting themselves on the back right now and saying good job. This is who we elected?

NOTHING the Dems say matter!

NOTHING

They are irrelevant, let them stamp their feet and hold their breathe till they turn blue in their temper tantrums, it doesn't matter!

ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES!

Judiciary Committee sets date for vote on Kavanaugh confirmation

Senate Republicans laid out a fast schedule Tuesday for action on Judge Brett Kavanaugh, setting up a Sept. 20 vote in committee which would be followed by action on the full Senate floor the final week of the month.

That schedule would put Judge Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court before its Oct. 1 start of the new session.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rmation-vote-/

The Following 4 Users Like This Post: