Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Migrant caravan heading for US clashes with police in Mexico

Migrant caravan heading for US clashes with police in Mexico

Tapachula, Mexico (CNN)Honduran migrants in a massive caravan surged across a bridge leading to Mexico on Friday before they were halted in a chaotic confrontation with a phalanx of Mexican police in riot gear.

Chanting and cheering migrants pushed through or climbed over a steel gate until police threw tear gas and smoke canisters and pushed the migrants back. Video showed coughing and weeping migrants collapsed on the bridge. Several police and an undetermined number of migrants were injured.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/19/ameri...der/index.html

------------------------

and Mexico won't stop them

'You can’t even walk, there’s just so many people': Migrant caravan bound for US swells

The illegal migrant caravan is sweeping through Chiapas in southern Mexico on Sunday, their numbers having jumped to over 7,000 overnight from just a few thousand as it became apparent the caravan would not be stopped by Mexico.

“No one will stop us, only God,” he said. “We knocked down the door and we continue walking.”

Trump has been pressuring the three countries to halt the caravan, threatening to cut off aid in the region and deploy troops along the border if the caravan makes it that far. He has made the caravan a central theme of the midterm elections, accusing the Democrats of supporting open borders and encouraging mass migration.

"I'm willing to send the military to defend our southern border if necessary, all caused because of the illegal immigration onslaught brought by the Democrats," he said at a campaign rally last week. "They like it. They also figure everybody coming in is going to vote Democrat, you know. Hey, they're not so stupid when you think about it."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/1719819002/
    Last edited by Spike; 10-21-2018 at 03:40 PM.

When half of the country along with their complicit, corrupt media is telling these people they want them to flood the borders and get free everything in America, this is what you get. And it won't slow down any time soon.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Congress should call an emergency session and change the laws concerning refugees. Shut the border down and force them to stay in Mexico. I'd also shut off all aid to those countries and cut off all financial transactions between the U.S. and Mexico (Mexico gets billions of dollars from illegals here) until this is under control.

What works best for Democrats right now? A humanitarian crisis at the southern border. Trying to force the Presidentís hand and make the Republicans look bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    What works best for Democrats right now? A humanitarian crisis at the southern border. Trying to force the President’s hand and make the Republicans look bad.
    Like the Kavanaugh hearings, I think that will backfire on them.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

What about some tnt on dat bridge?

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    What works best for Democrats right now? A humanitarian crisis at the southern border. Trying to force the President’s hand and make the Republicans look bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    I say the opposite is true. More reason to support a wall

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcitysteelers View Post
    I say the opposite is true. More reason to support a wall
    Yeah, we cannot afford anymore of these immigrants coming in illegally.

What are these people going to do once they get in the country? I just don't know how people can support total abandon of the law. Does the govt pay for these people? Do they just wonder around the streets...

Quote Originally Posted by jitter77 View Post
    What are these people going to do once they get in the country? I just don't know how people can support total abandon of the law. Does the govt pay for these people? Do they just wonder around the streets...
    Move to Cali

More handy work by the commie pinko lefties. Send the military. Mexico had better get off its ass. This political border exploitation is getting real old.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcitysteelers View Post
    Move to Cali
    Good place for them. Brown can raise the taxes one last time to support them.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Well Yippy Skippy - Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Roy92040 View Post
    Good place for them. Brown can raise the taxes one last time to support them.

I'm sure. He's probably getting things ready for them now. Brown is such a dolt.

Maybe we should gather up arms as civilians head to the border and do the job our government is too damn afraid to do. a hundred thousand legally armed Americans should give them pause to rethink their actions.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

What are these people eating? Where are they shitting?
    They look pretty well dressed, most have backpacks.
    This doesn't look like a migration, it looks like a demonstration/organised march.

This is looking more and more like an invasion. I thought we had a military to stop that?

Well Yippy Skippy - Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Like the Kavanaugh hearings, I think that will backfire on them.

"JOBS NOT MOBS"

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

The Caravans are a disgrace to the Democrat Party. Change the immigration laws NOW!

If the Democrats would stop being obstructionists and come together, we could write up and agree to new immigration laws in less than one hour. Look at the needless pain and suffering that they are causing. Look at the horrors taking place on the Border. Chuck & Nancy, call me!

Full efforts are being made to stop the onslaught of illegal aliens from crossing our Souther Border. People have to apply for asylum in Mexico first, and if they fail to do that, the U.S. will turn them away. The courts are asking the U.S. to do things that are not doable!

There's no way this caravan just happened. It has obviously been organized and is being supported with money, probably from Soros.

This is clearly their plan to influence the elections. The problem is this will only drive more votes to Republicans. Hollywood and elitist types think everybody wants open borders because they only take to each other. The assume that everybody is controlled by identity politics. That's why they assume that all hispanics and all blacks are in favor of more minorities flooding into the country.

The problem is, they're not. Any honest poll shows that even the liberal base is not in support of open borders. Black people and hispanics already here trying to make a living know that a flood of even more immigrants will only make it more difficult for them to find a good paying job.

Dems should be real scared about this. If a mob of people storms and overruns the border at election time, lots of people will be voting Republican.

I don't think they are gonna make it to the border by election day. Unless they take public transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    I don't think they are gonna make it to the border by election day. Unless they take public transit.
    This....
    The figure I heard ( havent verified) is roughly 2000 miles to go.
    At 3.something mph for 10 hours a day = around 60some days......

But the real evidence will be in how the countryside looks, once the 'caravan' has passed by.
    If these ppl act like locusts, they might get real unpopular REAL fast. ('course, that will just be with the locals, but still).
    If they don't, one must wonder, where they will get provisions.
    Between 5 and 10 K ppl equates to a decent sized army, and there is plenty of historical background on those size armies footing it around countrysides.
    I seem to recall from history lessons many moons ago, that peasants found defending armies as much of a problem as attacking ones.