Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 112

Thread: The morning after the mid term elections

  1. #1
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    10,246
    Rep Power
    251

    The morning after the mid term elections

    I expect the Republicans to add their majority lead in the Senate and lose their lead and majority in the House.

    What does this really mean?

    It means Republicans will control 3 of the major 4 areas. The Presidency, The Senate and the Supreme Court.

    Losing the house, which in my opinion is the easiest power branch of the four to change is not a big deal. Trump could not get boarder security with a majority in the house that had a Republican majority. Some Demís will likely make deals for infrastructure in Red states, but outside of that I see little real value in the house, and Demís would be stupid to presume impeachment as that required a 2/3 senate vote. No bill the house send Trump will pass unless he wants it to pass.

    Instead I expect Trump use executive orders much like Obama did to pass laws where the house wonít.

    In 2020, Trump will be on the ballot again, so winning back the house can happen at a later date. Holding the senate is what matters most. And that's what the media will fail to mention.
    Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. He has won a playoff game in just 4 of his 11 seasons, and most of those came early.

  2. #2
    Member IndySteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    8,814
    Rep Power
    233
    I don't think the republicans are going to lose the House. Fake news and fake polls, just like '16. Democrats are more unhinged and off the deep end now than ever before. Only America-hating socialists with TDS would vote for them. The morning after the elections will be filled with glorious wails of misery, rage and despair from the lefty loons.

    The Following 4 Users Like This Post:



  3. #3
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    10,246
    Rep Power
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by IndySteel View Post
    I don't think the republicans are going to lose the House. Fake news and fake polls, just like '16. Democrats are more unhinged and off the deep end now than ever before. Only America-hating socialists with TDS would vote for them. The morning after the elections will be filled with glorious wails of misery, rage and despair from the lefty loons.
    Or maybe the leftist media will make the loons believe they had a good mid term election when the facts will suggest they did not.

    I'd give the Republicans a chance to hold the house. Trusting smaller race polling data should be cautioned.
    Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. He has won a playoff game in just 4 of his 11 seasons, and most of those came early.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  4. #4
    The media is so polarized right now that none of us has any real information on how this is going to go. If you watch CNN you would think Trump is the most hated man in America, if you watch Fox he's the next Ronald Reagan. I don't have a real sense of what's going to happen. If I had to guess I'd say Dems take a slim majority in the house but nowhere near what they hoped for.

    In a way though this does feel a bit like 2016. The media saying Dems are a shoe-in yet GOP rallies packed to the rafters with energized, cheering folks. It's funny, I've been seeing Pittsburgh Post Gazette FB posts, from CNN and WAPO you would think Trump is despised there and was practically run out of town. But the commenters on these posts are defending him like 10-1.IN Pittsburgh, a Democratic stronghold.

    Who knows. I wouldn't be shocked if turnout is stronger for the GOP.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  5. #5
    Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Southern Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,031
    Rep Power
    90
    I'd like to think a majority of voters can see that the economy is better, we don't hear anything about uprisings in the Middle East, the Norks aren't launching missiles every other day, the police are being respected, etc, etc. Just need the grownups to get out there and vote to counter the college kids and those with Trump Hate.
    No Steeler Chili for you 6 weeks!

  6. #6
    Only twice has the President, during his first term had his party lose control of Congress. Well, in modern times. Clinton and The Big O. I suspect Trump will be the third.

    With the economy booming like it is, it is completely senseless to vote in the Democrats who ruled over the last financial crisis, but it is what it is.

  7. #7
    Esteemed Throbbing Member

    Superman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Trampa, FL
    Posts
    10,641
    Rep Power
    269
    how many times can elfie vote?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by oneforthebus View Post
    The media is so polarized right now that none of us has any real information on how this is going to go. If you watch CNN you would think Trump is the most hated man in America, if you watch Fox he's the next Ronald Reagan. .
    Except that CNN's claims are groundless and unfair...on the other hand an argument can easily be made that Trump has exceeded Reagans accomplishments.

    What do the pictures posted here of the thousands attending Trump rallies tell you?

    Based on those two statements, now who do you believe, CNN or FOX?

    Yes there media polarization...lies and the truth.
    Last edited by Stewey; 11-02-2018 at 05:52 PM.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewey View Post

    Based on those two statements, now who do you believe, CNN or FOX?

    Yes there media polarization...lies and the truth.
    I don’t believe either of them. How can anyone trust the media when there have been proven lies to push an agenda on both sides?

    As far as the crowds, he is going to places he won in a landslide to hold his rallies, the crowds should be huge. If he gets that kind of crowd in say, San Francisco or Philadelphia I could agree. There’s a reason he’s doing his rallies in bum-fuck Idaho. He’s playing to his base.

    He has support, no doubt. But the truth is somewhere between what CNN and FoxNews spews every day.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  10. #10
    Great entertainment


    Michael Moore Blasts Nancy Pelosi For Declaring Dems Will 'Win' Midterms: 'That's What Happened In 2016'

    Michael Moore took some shots at House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) for calling the 2018 midterms in favor of the Democrats. As he was filling out his own absentee ballot, the liberal documentary filmmaker explained how we shouldn’t “shame” non-voters and that we should “listen to them” and find out why they’re not voting, which he predicted was because they’ve “given up.”

    Moore correctly predicted that Donald Trump would win the 2016 election and wanted to get his thoughts about next week’s midterms. However, Moore responded by slamming Pelosi, who appeared on The Late Show earlier this week and declared that Democrats will “win” back the House.

    “Well, I’m not going to make the mistake that someone else made on a late night show a couple nights ago,” Moore told Meyers. “A Democrat, who just automatically announced, ‘We’re gonna win.’ And it’s like, ‘My God.’ That’s what happened in 2016. Everybody was throwing the party for Hillary before the election. And I think some people stayed home. I think some people didn’t think- even The New York Times on Election Day in 2016 in that box where they predict said there was only a 15% chance today of Trump winning the presidency.”

    “So you’ve got to throw all that out. You have to quit this kind of predicting nonsense and you just got to do your job as a citizen,” Moore continued. “Everybody has to get off the bench this time.”

    https://www.mediaite.com/tv/michael-...pened-in-2016/

  11. #11
    I think people will be shocked on Wed. I do not see us losing control of the house, and we will pick up a couple Senate seats as well. MAGA. Let the winning continue for at least six more years.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  12. #12
    more news u won't hear on CNN


    Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

    The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 51% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance.

    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_nov02

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I don’t believe either of them. How can anyone trust the media when there have been proven lies to push an agenda on both sides?

    As far as the crowds, he is going to places he won in a landslide to hold his rallies, the crowds should be huge. If he gets that kind of crowd in say, San Francisco or Philadelphia I could agree. There’s a reason he’s doing his rallies in bum-fuck Idaho. He’s playing to his base.

    He has support, no doubt. But the truth is somewhere between what CNN and FoxNews spews every day.
    You chose to ignore Trumps accomplishments. So if FOX reported on these accomplishments they would be lying?
    When FOX reports on record unemployment and a booming economy they are lying?

    All presidents go on midterm campaign trails...do you recall crowds like this when Obama hit the midterm campaign trail? How about Bush?
    Where were their bases?

    What your are seeing now is unprecedented. What you are seeing now are people who didn't vote for Trump jumping on the Train.

    Its amazing that after all that CNN has been caught doing since Trumps election, you regard FOX as equal partners in crime.. You are either extremely naÔve, or your hatred for Trump puts you in this serious state of denial.


    There is no "truth is somewhere in the middle" about it.

    FOX reporting on Trump.


    CNN
    Last edited by Stewey; 11-02-2018 at 09:47 PM.

  14. #14
    I am not on my knees at the alter of all things Trump, so I hate Trump. I don’t know how you get there, but whatever.

    And “mostly true” vs “mostly false” puts the truth somewhere in the middle. Now had it been "100% true" vs. "100% false" I would agree with you. But what that tells me is that both networks report fake news. Everyone knows that CNN is garbage. Fox puts out some garbage too.

    Truth is somewhere in the middle.
    Last edited by Sarge; 11-03-2018 at 12:43 AM.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  15. #15
    Historically the President's party almost always loses seats in his first mid term. That is the norm. So how will the media spin the results

    if Dems win control of house - Exactly what history says will happen -
    "This is a huge, unprecedented rebuke of a sitting President, we've never seen anything like this, clearly no President has ever been as hated and Trump's party losing some seats is a clear sign that America regrets voting for Trump. Nobody should listen to him. Dems are justified to try to impeach him and Kavanaugh too and also oppose every nominee down to dog catchers. These results also prove that the Russians must have hacked the first election.

    if Republicans keep control of house or gain seats- a monumental reversal of historical trends, a true statement of support for Trump
    "This just shows how effective Trump has been supressing minority votes while riling up his racist support base. These results do not truly reflect how Americans feel. We suspect more hacking. We must double our efforts to take down this administration that is clearly holding the whole country hostage."

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



  16. #16
    It's amazing how the media is not recognizing the significance of the size of the Trump rallies. If there was one democrat that had one tenth that audience, it would be a blue wave fiesta on the front page of every paper.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I am not on my knees at the alter of all things Trump, so I hate Trump. I don’t know how you get there, but whatever.

    And “mostly true” vs “mostly false” puts the truth somewhere in the middle. Now had it been "100% true" vs. "100% false" I would agree with you. But what that tells me is that both networks report fake news. Everyone knows that CNN is garbage. Fox puts out some garbage too.

    Truth is somewhere in the middle.
    You have no sense of what is true, so you take an average of the manipulators? That makes you a useful idiot.

  18. #18
    Go Idaho!


    hahahahaha




    Idaho Elementary Teachers Dressed Up As Mexicans And The Border Wall For Halloween





  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesDavenport View Post
    You have no sense of what is true, so you take an average of the manipulators? That makes you a useful idiot.
    No, I simply don't buy what Fox and CNN have to sell. Perhaps the phrase "somewhere in the middle" was a bad choice of words. My point is, the truth is out there. Neither FOX nor CNN are real familiar with it. Both have agendas to push. I do not trust them. It really doesn't have to be one or the other. A person can actually search other alternatives for news. Some of us actually do.

  20. #20
    Member IndySteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    8,814
    Rep Power
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    No, I simply don't buy what Fox and CNN have to sell. Perhaps the phrase "somewhere in the middle" was a bad choice of words. My point is, the truth is out there. Neither FOX nor CNN are real familiar with it. Both have agendas to push. I do not trust them. It really doesn't have to be one or the other. A person can actually search other alternatives for news. Some of us actually do.
    Do you have some examples of Fox lying? And don’t google a bunch of leftist horseshit. What have you yourself seen on Fox News that was not true?
    Last edited by IndySteel; 11-03-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation