Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood sucks ass

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    I have no idea what this means. But thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Googles a wonderful thing. Itís a documentary about triplets seperated not long after birth who accidentally find each other 20 years later never knowing the others existed. They also find out some disturbing things about why they were seperated.

Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    Googles a wonderful thing. It’s a documentary about triplets seperated not long after birth who accidentally find each other 20 years later never knowing the others existed. They also find out some disturbing things about why they were seperated.
    Your disjointed sentence structure had me confused. But thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out, using Duck Duck Go. Google is evil.
    You lost. Get over it.

Hollywood isn't really the same as in yesteryear, Netfilix, Amazon, etc... of the new content producers are producing
    programs and movies all over the place.

If you want a funny series to watch, check out The Ranch. Has Sam Elliott and Ashton Kutcher. Elisha Cuthbert is in it as well.
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it".--- Ferris Bueller

"Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way."---- Jimmy Buffett

7/6/50-8/4/12 RIP Daddy.

Not a huge fan of Netflix, but I use it to watch old TV series. I always enjoyed Gotham, Star Trek Enterprise (T'Pau=hit), and some of the documentaries. There's a good documentary on the Eagles (band). At least there was, not sure if its still up.

We're watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix right now. It's pretty good. Bonus: There's a hot lesbo in it.

The Following User Likes This Post:

I do not have a smart TV (except in the basement where my son and his friends hang out playing video games) so do not watch Netflix at all. I understand there's some kind of gizmo I can get so I can stream to my TV? What is it called? I'm about ready to ditch Directv.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthebus View Post
    I do not have a smart TV (except in the basement where my son and his friends hang out playing video games) so do not watch Netflix at all. I understand there's some kind of gizmo I can get so I can stream to my TV? What is it called? I'm about ready to ditch Directv.
    There are a number of things you can use -- roku, firestick/cube, sling, chromecast, appletv, etc. The problem is deciding which offers the right combination of features you want. Some have package deals for live streaming tv, others you pick piecemeal and pay for individual subscriptions. For local broadcast tv, depending on your location, you can get an HD antenna that allows you to pick up local HD broadcast channels.

Right now, I had bought a firestick, and found that convenient enough that I got a couple of firecubes to go with it. Problem -- more and more apps require separate payments or a link to an active cable/satellite/fios account to access the live content.

I'd like to cut the cord at my apartment -- but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I only watch about 5 channels but I watch a lot of college football. I have Directv but hate paying so much for so few channels that I need. Does the equipment from Roku, firestick, sling,etc.. have college football?

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I only watch about 5 channels but I watch a lot of college football. I have Directv but hate paying so much for so few channels that I need. Does the equipment from Roku, firestick, sling,etc.. have college football?
    The only reason I kept DirecTV for the last few years was because I needed Sunday Ticket to watch the Steelers. Or so I thought. After the anthem bs I cancelled it. I bought a jailbroken Amazon Fire that has Kodi and bunch of other apps installed on it. Yesterday I watched the game via the Firefox app and streaming through reddit. You can watch pretty much anything in the world, for free, with that thing. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by IndySteel View Post
    We're watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix right now. It's pretty good. Bonus: There's a hot lesbo in it.
    I enjoyed it, except for the conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZ View Post
    Both. But start with movies. Skip the 2nd one
    I like both also. There can be only one (or both).

I saw The Highlander. It was SHIT!

Quote Originally Posted by IndySteel View Post
    I saw The Highlander. It was SHIT!

shit or THE shit

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZ View Post
    shit or THE shit
    That’s from the movie Talledega Nights. The Frenchy homo guy said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    If you want a funny series to watch, check out The Ranch. Has Sam Elliott and Ashton Kutcher. Elisha Cuthbert is in it as well.
    Love "The Ranch". Sam Elliott alone is worth watching it IMO. He probably said to the producers/directors "Look, you let me say what the fuck I wanna say and I'll do this fuckin' show".

At least I hope it went something like that. Ozark, Stranger Things, Longmire and a lot of the documentaries are pretty good too. Making a Murderer, while old, is one of the most eye-opening, incredibly fucked-up documentaries I've ever seen. Just unbelievable, wicked, sinister. I have no other way to describe it.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Netflix has some good shows but you have to look for them.

The Good Cop - it's by the people who made the show Monk. Tony Danza is an ex-cop who went to jail for corruption. As part of parole he has to live with his son who is a straight arrow cop. It's a comedy. Similar vibe to Monk. Has some good characters, like the old cop who wonders things like "why would the Flintstones celebrate Christmas?"

The Punisher - based on a comic book. He has no super powers or superhero suit. Just an ex-marine who is getting revenge on the bad guys who killed his family. You can watch the series as a stand alone. If you want more, you can watch the series Daredevil where the punisher was introduced. Daredevil was also very good.

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    Netflix has some good shows but you have to look for them.

The Good Cop - it's by the people who made the show Monk. Tony Danza is an ex-cop who went to jail for corruption. As part of parole he has to live with his son who is a straight arrow cop. It's a comedy. Similar vibe to Monk. Has some good characters, like the old cop who wonders things like "why would the Flintstones celebrate Christmas?"

The Punisher - based on a comic book. He has no super powers or superhero suit. Just an ex-marine who is getting revenge on the bad guys who killed his family. You can watch the series as a stand alone. If you want more, you can watch the series Daredevil where the punisher was introduced. Daredevil was also very good.
    My kid says watch the first two seasons of Daredevil then watch The Punisher. I am trying to get through season one of Daredevil. I hear it gets very good. Also, the movie, The Punisher, even though it is not highly rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    Love "The Ranch". Sam Elliott alone is worth watching it IMO. He probably said to the producers/directors "Look, you let me say what the fuck I wanna say and I'll do this fuckin' show".

At least I hope it went something like that. Ozark, Stranger Things, Longmire and a lot of the documentaries are pretty good too. Making a Murderer, while old, is one of the most eye-opening, incredibly fucked-up documentaries I've ever seen. Just unbelievable, wicked, sinister. I have no other way to describe it.
    I am on season 2 of Making a Murderer. The original was so eye opening that I stayed pissed for days. Ozark and Stranger Things are great as well, but everyone talks about them. My concern with The Ranch this season is how they are gonna incorporate Rooster's leaving. (Masterson was told to leave the show because of sex allegations. Thank you, #metoo).
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it".--- Ferris Bueller

"Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way."---- Jimmy Buffett

7/6/50-8/4/12 RIP Daddy.

Esteemed Throbbing Member

if you haven't seen Schitt's Creek on Netflix, you should.

and Annie Murphy is a babe. Small tits, but a babe.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post: