Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sessions resigned!!

KERPOW!

Rosenstein no longer in charge of Mueller investigation

Whittaker is in charge of Mueller now, per NBC's Williams.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    KERPOW!

Rosenstein no longer in charge of Mueller investigation

Whittaker is in charge of Mueller now, per NBC's Williams.
    How does Pete Williams know?
    You lost. Get over it.

President Trump's new Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker, who has criticized the Mueller probe, will now oversee it

President Donald Trump's new acting attorney general, Matthew Whitaker, will oversee special counsel Robert Mueller's probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election.

"The Acting Attorney General is in charge of all matters under the purview of the Department of Justice," a spokesperson for the department says when asked if Whitaker would oversee Mueller's investigation."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/07/trum...-nbc-news.html

Quote Originally Posted by IndySteel View Post
    Finally!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/07/trum...s-resigns.html

Rush put it well: Trump asked him to resign because he needs a wartime consigliere as Attorney General. Whoever the new guy is, their first job should be to fire Mueller.

Giuliani?
    If it was me and I knew I was totally innocent, I would want the investigation to continue so that I could be vindicated when it finally concludes. Shutting it down makes him look guilty as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by RollRed View Post
    If it was me and I knew I was totally innocent, I would want the investigation to continue so that I could be vindicated when it finally concludes. Shutting it down makes him look guilty as hell.
    Maybe 6 or 8 months ago, I would agree with you. I didn't want it shut down.....and I'm not completely sure I do now, but I don't think it would make him look guilty at this late date. I think at this point the "investigation" has jumped the shark for the vast majority of Americans. It's become the punchline of jokes, which is the only useful thing that has come from it after 2 years. It think it's viewed as a desperate ploy at this point, which many of us figured it was a long time ago.
    Last edited by Supersteeler; 11-07-2018 at 09:37 PM.

That argument would have worked 6 or 8 months into the investigation, or even a year, or maybe a year and a half...but it's been over two years. Trump has given them ample time. Time to shut it down.

If they can't implicate Trump by now after 2+ years there's nothing there. Doesn't matter though he's going to be guilty in the media and Dems eyes regardless of if he's vindicated or not. Besides everyone knows this was just continued practice by the Dems to de-legetimize the presidency. It's nothing new, they did it with Reagan, Bush, Bush and now Trump and those are the only ones I can remember. They'll do the same with the next Republican president. Fairness be damned should be their motto.

As a matter of fact, they seem to make up shit against whoever gets in the way of their agenda. (Kavanaugh cough) If memory serves they even said MLK colluded or was influenced by the Russians. His beliefs didn't match their thinking at the time....imagine that.

https://kinginstitute.stanford.edu/e...estigation-fbi
    Last edited by JMM; 11-07-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    No Steeler Chili for you 6 weeks!

Only to a loony lib does it seem that way. Normal people know it's time to stop the witch hunt.
    The above post may contain a large amount of sarcasm.

So how long would it be reasonable to continue? 2 years, 4 years, until Trump is out of office? They've had a year and a half to investigate, either there's nothing there, or they aren't all that good at their job.

It's another leftist scheme. By design this "investigation" was never intended to end...waiting for when Trump finally says its over.....that way leftists like Roll can say "see, we told ya Trump was guilty".

Btw ….guilty of what? Trump was never charged with anything. This was a sham from the beginning. All because Trump had the audacity to win the presidency.
    Last edited by Stewey; 11-07-2018 at 10:01 PM.

What crime did he commit, and what evidence is there? There was evidence of criminality with the Hillary email "investigation", but no one charged. Why?

Trump has had enough of this witch hunt. It is going to end, and hopefully exposed for the soft coup that it is.
    You lost. Get over it.

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Good. Sessions was a swamp dweller who'd been in D.C. too long and was part of the problem.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

JMM

Quote Originally Posted by Stewey View Post
    That argument would have worked 6 or 8 months into the investigation, or even a year, or maybe a year and a half...but it's been over two years. Trump has given them ample time. Time to shut it down.
    How long did that shit with Clinton and Monica Lewinsky drag on and on.... and that was over a blow job for Christ’s sake.

How long did that shit with Clinton and Monica Lewinsky drag on and on.... and that was over a blow job for Christ’s sake.
    C’mon now, there was also a vag dipped cigar that needed to be smoked.

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    It wasn't over a blowjob, it was about Bill lying about it under oath. So tell me again how you feel about the scope of special counsel investigations?
    That being said, Monica was pretty hot back then before she got all fat and I would have hit it too.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Esteemed Throbbing Member

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

If it was you, you would be in disbelief that something like that could happen in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    It wasn't over a blowjob, it was about Bill lying about it under oath. So tell me again how you feel about the scope of special counsel investigations?
    That being said, Monica was pretty hot back then before she got all fat and I would have hit it too.
    I still believe that was a red herring chased down by that useful idiot Starr. Lots of truly bad shit needed to be investigated properly, including the original purpose of the special counsel - Whitewater. You also had the Rose Law firm, a dead Vince Foster, a dead Ron Brown - the list goes on. Lots of people died around the Clintons.

If Mueller is dropped the House will investigate

Quote Originally Posted by 21STEELERS21 View Post
    If Mueller is dropped the House will investigate
    There's nothing to investigate. It's a hoax.