Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's.................vs Panthers

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's.................vs Panthers

Well make it three solid football games in a row for our Steelers in all 3 facets of the game once again, and IMO this was the best yet! This team is playing great football right now.....I just hope they haven't peaked too quickly and can keep this up the rest of the season and playoffs. This offense is really starting to click under first year OC Randy Fichtner. This was suppose to be a tough Carolina Panthers team coming into the Burgh that everyone thought would roll our Steelers. Gotta give credit to coach Tomlin he has this team focused playing good fundamental football and tonight I think our Steelers only had 2 penalties. Alot of players contributed to this win on special teams, Defense & Offense. Great win....hopefully they can rest up over the next 10 days.....Conner gets out of the concussion protocol and as for LeVeon Bell.....your on the clock now.....it's time to show up and provide us the push needed for the playoffs and beyond!

Game Balls:
    Ben Roethlisberger - Another perfect QB rating 22 for 25 328yds 5 TD's. Make that the 4th time he's ended the game with a perfect QB rating
    Steelers O-line - Another great job protecting Ben....he had all day to throw back there today.
    Antonio Brown - Showoff on the football field and not the highway AB. 6rec 96yd 1 TD
    Javon Hargrave - He really collapsed the pocket today on the Panthers O-line....this was his best game as a Steeler IMO
    JuJu Smith Schuster - 3 rec 90yds & 1 run for 14yds
    Vance McDonald - 4 rec 44 yds 1 TD
    Cam Heyward - Along with Hargrave he did a great job getting pressure on Newton
    Vince Williams - Pick Six & Sack
    John Bostic - Got consistent pressure on Newton when he rushed the QB
    Roosevelt Nix - Had 2 receptions and forced the fumble on the kickoff

Game Goats:
    James Washington - Putting him here because he was the only Steeler player without a reception. I keep waiting for him to breakout....he looked great in the pre-season....not sure what the problem is now.....hoping he breaks out soon!
    Artie Burns - Gets in during garbage time and has one HUGE Pass Interference penalty vs the Panther's #3 WR and he looked really bad on that play in coverage.

FU's:
    Eric Reid - Fuck this punk ass puke! Kneeling for the National Anthem and taking a cheap shot at our franchise QB! FUCK YOU REID!

The Following 7 Users Like This Post:

Most INtelligent Poster

was so nice not to be sweating out the 4th quarter.....

The Following 7 Users Like This Post:

Goat-

Aikman - for not giving his wristbands to a young Vance McDonald
    The above post may contain a large amount of sarcasm.

Washington seems to only get to block as his only assignment. Ben isn't even looking at him, ever. He will have his opportunity down the road

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Ballin View Post
    Goat-

Aikman - for not giving his wristbands to a young Vance McDonald
    Yeah, what a dick.
    And I'll add Berry to the FU list, a 20 something yard punt? WTF

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    was so nice not to be sweating out the 4th quarter.....

At first I thought you were "sweating" one out then re-read........................

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    At first I thought you were "sweating" one out then re-read........................

Salute the nation
    I don't take long enough to break a sweat

Bud Dupree lived in the Panthers' backfield. Also picked up a sack. TJ Watt's sack had Newon grimacing and helped keep him antsy in the pocket and his near sack in the EZ led to Vinnie's INT.
    Elfiero: ... Bill Bellichick has been to 6? SB's and won 4 . Does he act like a 14 year old?

Litos: 14 year old kids like to cheat

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

I’m sorry, I have to give Burns and Berry, both a Fuck You.

Game balls: I hate to take the easy way out here; but every active player is getting one from me. That was a three facet aaa whooping they put on. A total team victory to be celebrated

Goats: Berry. You continue to underwhelm each week.

FUs: not going to do it. Total team victory.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I hope that is Burns last play as a Steeler

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

T. J. W.a.t.t.

I have to give props to Bud Dupree. Even though he didn't finish a few plays because he over ran the play, he was in Cam's face all night and he made plenty of plays. That might have been the best game of his career and hopefully, it was finally the breakthrough game he needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    I have to give props to Bud Dupree. Even though he didn't finish a few plays because he over ran the play, he was in Cam's face all night and he made plenty of plays. That might have been the best game of his career and hopefully, it was finally the breakthrough game he needed.
    I have to agree. During Carolina's first possession he was absolutely awful. Unblocked and he whiffed how many times in a row? But after that he was abusing Newton and the left tackle and very disruptive in the backfield.

Speaking of getting abused... Christian McCaffrey is a good player, but he is God-Awful in pass protection!

Imagine how awesome Bud would be if he didn't overrun and whiff as much as he does. I think he would be a Superstar. He's definitely on the upswing though.

Quote Originally Posted by MeanJim View Post
    I have to agree. During Carolina's first possession he was absolutely awful. Unblocked and he whiffed how many times in a row? But after that he was abusing Newton and the left tackle and very disruptive in the backfield.

Speaking of getting abused... Christian McCaffrey is a good player, but he is God-Awful in pass protection!
    Not so sure its all on McCaffrey....how do you have a blocking scheme where the RB is blocking a a DL...

Quote Originally Posted by LeXX75 View Post
    Not so sure its all on McCaffrey....how do you have a blocking scheme where the RB is blocking a a DL...
    He also got run over by Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post
    He also got run over and TRUCKED by Williams.

I'll take that................

Salute the nation

I'll give Berry a pass because he did nothing until that punt in the 4th quarter. Burns is Burns. Maybe they are GOATS, but they were blips on the radar of a stellar performance.

Even Reid, you can't hit the QB in the head, but the slide was a bit late. Ben is OK, they pumped fists and them losing Reid wasn't a game changer for them. The Steelers owned them.

The coaches, players- that whole team deserves kudos. We give Tomlin, Butler, Smith, Randy F, shit when they look like shit, but give them their due today. Five game winning streak. Impressive. Damn, this little break is needed, but I hope we don't go into Jax rusty. I think the mojo is there.

I can sing it real out loud
    My boy and me in da crowd

Hand off hand off hand off

Would be players in the fold
    Duck the BLACK outs da GOLD

hand off hand off hand off

MY money froze not to come
    Some call me not a bum

My decisions out and about
    Block your man I will shout

Can I be there if you pay
    No no not till Tuesday

Ravens gone not play Bert
    That game and other not to get huirt

End of season my eyes as deer
    I take my show and disapear

BELL may think he 's a rapper and maybe so but I'd like to see the probability chart of cost / VS / sales.

Salute the nation