Thread: Big Ben lives up to his name - again

Big Ben lives up to his name - again

Tonight, Big Ben tied an NFL record with his 4th perfect passer rating game. He went 22-25 for 328 yards, 5 TD's, 0 interceptions to log a passer rating of 158.3, the highest possible in the NFL. Ben also had a perfect passer rating in 2005 and twice in 2007 - the only QB to do it twice in one season. Peyton Manning is the only other NFL quarterback to post 4 career perfect passer rating games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._passer_rating

Roethlisberger's superb outing increased his season completion percentage to 66.1%, his YPA from 7.44 to 7.83, and his QB rating from 93.9 to 100.9. A starting QB increasing his YPA by nearly 0.4 yards per pass in game 9 is almost unheard of.

Hell of a game, Roethlisberger. Managed that game quite well, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

Best game of his career and against a very good defense .

The Following User Likes This Post:

I just read he is also the first QB to ever have two perfect games while throwing 5 TDs.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Props to Big Ben he was unreal.
    Asked to describe the ideal captain, Polamalu said, “Those that walk out for the coin toss at the lowB repuS.”

No doubt! Big Ben was absolutely on point last night. Great game!

This thread is going to pain some Ben haters, but I love it !
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    This thread is going to pain some Ben haters, but I love it !

I think most of those went into hibernation but in Pops case I think he went to t*mmy b*y's house to get stress rerelease ...............

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

OOooooppppppssss.................AND congratulations to BEN ROETHLESBERGER as he is having a great season to date, including the slow start. BEN has so many alcolades but his best will be "THREE TIME SB WINNER" this season.

Salute the nation

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    I think most of those went into hibernation but in Pops case I think he went to t*mmy b*y's house to get stress rerelease ...............

Salute the nation
    Don't worry, they'll be back.
    That game was a thing of pure beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    OOooooppppppssss.................AND congratulations to BEN ROETHLESBERGER as he is having a great season to date, including the slow start. BEN has so many alcolades but his best will be "THREE TIME SB WINNER" this season.

Salute the nation
    Sooooo, you're capping him at 3? smh ... I'll get on Ben when he does some Ben-like things. And I'll give Ben props when he does other Ben-like things. But, the fact is Ben is BALLING right now. And I think if he gets to 3, he sticks around another year or two to see if he can grab 4.
    Elfiero: ... Bill Bellichick has been to 6? SB's and won 4 . Does he act like a 14 year old?

Litos: 14 year old kids like to cheat

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Ben had 3 perfect passer rating games by 07... bradys first came in 07... then we went to that ridiculous deep pass or bubble screen only offense of arians and he hasn’t had another until now...

The fact is this year we are letting the Offense take whatever the defense is giving up and trusting Ben to recognize that... if we had done this years ago instead of forcing a predetermined plan on the O, we would be way better off...

Look at it this way... in our two losses... we went uber conservative and lost... in Kc it was obvious that we were scoring when behind big but then stalling when we caught up and tried to play the gameplan over just ad libbing it

Vs Baltimore we saw what lots of no huddle and at the line playcalls did compared to the first game where we ran a traditional conservative offense until we were behind

Once or twice a year Ben goes completely off. And it's a thing of beauty. I love that AB is getting his but really who do you cover. It's a lot of matchups

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Sooooo, you're capping him at 3? smh ... I'll get on Ben when he does some Ben-like things. And I'll give Ben props when he does other Ben-like things. But, the fact is Ben is BALLING right now. And I think if he gets to 3, he sticks around another year or two to see if he can grab 4.

DUDE,....... At the end of this season I can't say 4 time SB winner.................Kapish..!!!

I get what you are saying and HELL NO I'm NOT capping him (cheatriot players cap). Reel of three consecutive and we have 5 time SB champion..... All good.

Salute the nation

Ben has never been the problem. All QBs have bad or not so good games. But usually when Ben doesn't have a great game he still scores a ton of points. Just like the Jax game in the playoffs last year. Yes, he threw the int. but he still hung 42 points on a good defense.

The issue is that the defense almost never bails him out. Hell look at when Brady has bad games. The defense or special teams comes up with a TD or 2. Ben doesn't get that. Jax had 0 TOs and the defense couldn't stop them at all. I'm worried this will happen again when they meet the pats*** or KC. Jax sucks right now so I don't think they have a chance.

Ben is a great HOF QB. People need to appreciate him while he is still playing.

Ben will never get the credit he deserves. The Charlotte paper said it best, Carolina found out why Ben has two super bowl rings, as he torched a good defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers12 View Post
    Best game of his career and against a very good defense .
    One of his best games every for sure. He's back to using his legs.
    Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. He has won a playoff game in just 4 of his 11 seasons, and most of those came early.