Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An interesting spin on the Bell Situation

An interesting spin on the Bell Situation

I debated whether to put this in one of the 99 other Bell threads,,but thought it deserved its own thread, as this is a very different perspective than the ones spouted elsewhere. It actually is an interesting proposition. I think I could live with it. The question is whether Bell would go along.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...n-bell-reports

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Benz is usually wrong about virtually everything but I agree with him on this... that means im likely wrong lol....

Also every time everything pointed to him repoting he stayed away so now that everything says he isn’t, he will....lol

Nothing that hasn't been mentioned in those 99 other Bell threads Crash.

Every scenario has been covered...........
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

The Following User Likes This Post:

H-town for nearly 35 years. IOW, too long.
    Well-done piece, and agree with him 100 percent.

Stacking Losses!!

It's my biggest reasoning for wanting Bell to Report.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Israel and Egypt, formerly bitter enemies (who used to kill each other), worked out a peace deal 40 years ago. (Brokered by Jimmy Carter, of all people...Yes, THAT Jimmy Carter).

There's no reason the Steelers-Bell situation hasn't been resolved by now. Ridiculous really.

Even if Bell shows up, you can't trust him and you definitely can't trust him to even play in the playoffs when he will be making less than $100k per game. It's a nice thought but unrealistic.

I agree in theory and crossed my mind but honestly couldn’t that be said about Ben or even Brown? If something were to happen to them then it would kill our chances at winning the Super Bowl. I love Juju but he’s not Brown and juju is able to produce at his level because Brown. Also, I think a lot more credit needs to go towards Munchak and this OLine. They made Deangelo look like a pro bowler.

Paying the guy 6 million dollars so that he can sit there as an insurance policy. And then if you actually need him you throw him in 11 months since his last game. That doesn't sound very realistic

Quote Originally Posted by Atlsteelers View Post
    I agree in theory and crossed my mind but honestly couldn’t that be said about Ben or even Brown? If something were to happen to them then it would kill our chances at winning the Super Bowl. I love Juju but he’s not Brown and juju is able to produce at his level because Brown. Also, I think a lot more credit needs to go towards Munchak and this OLine. They made Deangelo look like a pro bowler.
    DeAngelo was still a damn good player when healthy. He was miles ahead of the other backup RBs we've been forced to trot out there when Bell was down (Fitz, Ben Tate etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua View Post
    Israel and Egypt, formerly bitter enemies (who used to kill each other), worked out a peace deal 40 years ago. (Brokered by Jimmy Carter, of all people...Yes, THAT Jimmy Carter).

There's no reason the Steelers-Bell situation hasn't been resolved by now. Ridiculous really.
    Bell probably would have come in if the Steelers were willing to pay him his full salary while he was inactive and working his way into football shape. They decided (either out of principle or because of Conner's success) that they weren't interested in doing that.

I have him on my fantasy team and he told me to *(&^ off. I'm pretty sure he isn't showing up.

Blog Entries
    Bell is the Ricky Williams for a new generation of stoners........

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    Even if Bell shows up, you can't trust him and you definitely can't trust him to even play in the playoffs when he will be making less than $100k per game. It's a nice thought but unrealistic.
    It's easy to see what the situation is. What we have here is a sequential move game from classic Game Theory. The franchise tag creates a suboptimal perfect equilibrium, but no Nash equilibrium. The Steelers organization tries to leverage the media to optimize their payoff (from at least a PR perspective). Unfortunately, there exists no dominate strategy for either side and Leveon underestimates how well the campaign to malign Leveon's intentions pays off for the Steelers.

Leveon's agent then diagnoses a psuedo-Sweezy (Kinked-Demand) model for his players services, given the attitudes of GMs in the NFL about running backs.
    That is, Leveon gives up all of the marginal revenue under the tag in exchange for some floor marginal revenue at match price.

Leveon does this because:
    1. The hedged risk-reward is straight out of the playbook from Goldman: give up $8M, under a floor of 6, for more likely than not odds at $70M. #tradermentality &
    2. Kinked demand curve assumes an awful lot of price rigidity, i.e. the other firms will match at least that price - in this case $14M a year.

A translation into English would be welcomed.

My only concern is team chemistry and accepting his role............if those two are good, I'm good.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

How do we know Bell would even go 100%? My guess is if he reports, he'll come down with some phantom injury so he doesn't have to play

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    How do we know Bell would even go 100%? My guess is if he reports, he'll come down with some phantom injury so he doesn't have to play

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    A liability. Trust is the biggest issue. His risk of injury is going to be higher unless he's been conditioning his ass off all along. His personal risk vs reward now which is all on him for not signing his ridiculously high tag compensation for a starting running back. Our offensive line has proved with Conner that they're a big factor.

I'd say he'd be stupid to even play at this point considering that's his biggest factor above winning. Money.

Esteemed Throbbing Member

him gone. g-o-n-e.
    bellbeadumbee.JPG

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Sounds like he already left. If he does show up he would be a damn luxury to have as a back up to Conner
    Fire Mikey Cool Shades