Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com2019 NHL Stadium Series Gear Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: The Dead Horse Beaten: Talking Heads were right about Bell

  1. #1

    The Dead Horse Beaten: Talking Heads were right about Bell

    When they said it was a mistake not to bring him back to finish the season.

    Look, I am not in the building, I have no inside or special information. For all I know the entire NFL ownership is colluding on this maneuver and forcing the transition tag on Bell. Let the conspiracy theories be what they are.

    But the moment Conner began struggling and got hurt, the Steelers began struggling. Losing 4 games with leads in the 4th quarter....

    I didn't want Bell back next year. I would rather have the cap space to go to defense. But to make a legitimate run at the Super Bowl, I am willing to bet they don't lose 4/5 by less than a TD in 4th quarter with Bell playing. He'd have been a difference maker enough to get a first down, big gain, even a score.


    The window is short on NFL teams. ARII is going to regret this year the way Dan regretting not taking Dan Marino in 1983.

  2. #2
    I said that before any of them

    Stop stealing my stuff

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I said that before any of them

    Stop stealing my stuff
    One of the 48 Rules of Power.

    Let lesser people do the work for you then take the credit.


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  4. #4
    I think FSF is a Trump University alumni

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  5. #5
    Bell doesn't play defense. This team isn't winning shit without a defense who can stop good/great teams in the playoffs. For gods sake we have our slow ass linebackers trying to cover wide receivers and tight ends. They'd have to work some serious gameplan scheme magic in the playoffs. We all know that shit ain't happening.

    The Following 5 Users Like This Post:



  6. #6
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    11,784
    Rep Power
    286
    If Bell came back, he would have been rusty. Bottom line Conner and Samleus were better, younger, and much cheaper. Bell is over rated. What did he ever do in the playoffs besides disappoint when we needed him late in a game?

    Wait until he finds another NFL team, you'll see. I'm very happy he's out. Wish we could have traded him for something, but oh well..
    Out of smoke! Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. He has won a playoff game in just 4 of his 12 seasons, and most of those came early.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  7. #7
    Disagree.. it has never felt to me like the offense has been to blame. We moved the ball at will vs Denver, Oakland, LAC, and NO - they just committed weird untimely turnovers and the defense couldnít get stops. And of course we know about the coaching blunders vs Oakland. I just donít see how Bell prevents these things. I mean I guess Conner has had some bad fumbles but thereís just no way to look at how this team has performed and be able to say we needed better offense. I canít say that with a straight face


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If Bell came back, he would have been rusty. Bottom line Conner and Samleus were better, younger, and much cheaper. Bell is over rated. What did he ever do in the playoffs besides disappoint when we needed him late in a game?

    Wait until he finds another NFL team, you'll see. I'm very happy he's out. Wish we could have traded him for something, but oh well..
    agree with you on this

  9. #9
    Its not likethey asked him to stay away... this was all on him

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF View Post
    When they said it was a mistake not to bring him back to finish the season.

    Look, I am not in the building, I have no inside or special information. For all I know the entire NFL ownership is colluding on this maneuver and forcing the transition tag on Bell. Let the conspiracy theories be what they are.

    But the moment Conner began struggling and got hurt, the Steelers began struggling. Losing 4 games with leads in the 4th quarter....

    I didn't want Bell back next year. I would rather have the cap space to go to defense. But to make a legitimate run at the Super Bowl, I am willing to bet they don't lose 4/5 by less than a TD in 4th quarter with Bell playing. He'd have been a difference maker enough to get a first down, big gain, even a score.


    The window is short on NFL teams. ARII is going to regret this year the way Dan regretting not taking Dan Marino in 1983.
    1. The problem was overusing JC and not spelling him BEFORE he got wore down. Cough cough, same shit happened to *** near the end of the seasons.

    2. From what I seen, our OLine could make almost any back an all star.

    3. Playcalling sucked with regards to play action pass coming off great runs

    4. Tell me if you heard this one, play calling sucked with regards to short down situations. Goooo deep or use the punter

    5. Hello we have Nix. Use him. He works

    6. Did I mention play calling sucked. Worst def against the run = pass all day. And visa versa.

  11. #11
    Bell was a flake during this contract battle and put on a show for everyone this year as he was all over the place with his comments and subtle messages he let out on social media. There was no way he was coming back this season after sitting out for so long.

  12. #12
    Rewatching the Aints game. Samuels blows his protection two plays before we faked the punt. Allowed a ten yard loss sack. Ridley fumbled earlier in the game. The poster is right, Bell would have made a difference.

    I’m still supportive of not breaking the bank and letting him walk. But this team was not as good without him this year-especially once Conner was ineffective. First and goal inside the five a couple of times in our losses and we couldn’t run it effectively. Would Bell have made a difference?
    Last edited by 6Lombardis; 12-28-2018 at 12:29 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 6Lombardis View Post
    Rewatching the Aints game. Samuels blows his protection two plays before we faked the punt. Allowed a ten yard loss sack. Ridley fumbled earlier in the game. The poster is right, Bell would have made a difference.
    only if he were fit for the time he came back he would be useful. His picture in the jet sky in Florida looked he didn't take care of his body at all, maybe 20 pounds overweight

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon View Post
    I think FSF is a Trump University alumni
    If it works, why knock it?

  15. #15
    The steelers did want Bell back. It wasn't the steelers who told him not to show up. That was Bell's decision. He said he was afraid the steelers would use him too much and it would hurt him for next year.

    The only thing Bell cared about was being an unrestricted free agent next year. He somehow convinced himself or his agent has brainwashed him that he will be some kind of Rosa Parks of NFL running backs, sacrificing himself while making things better. He also seems to think that if he's unrestricted, he will be offered a contract much bigger than any other RB has ever signed.

    Nothing he did will change a damn thing. He's a moron. He will likely be offered something similar to the last deal he turned down from the steelers. All he did was cost himself 14 Million. The franchise tag was already something players hated so it was already going to be a bargaining point in the next CBA regardless of Bell's actions.

    Having said all that, the steelers screwed up by not having a better backup behind Conner. They liked Samuels, fine, but they should have had somebody better than Ridley in the mix as well.

    The Following 7 Users Like This Post:



  16. #16
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,388
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    88
    Fuck Bell. He wouldn't have made one difference at all.

    The Following 4 Users Like This Post:



  17. #17
    I think Bell did have intentions on coming back, but didn’t because he knew he couldn’t piss clean.

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



  18. #18
    Bell jobbed his teammates.
    Say what you want, that's a locker room cancer and even Coach Cool Shades wouldn't be able to make a silk purse out of that sow's ear.

    The Following 4 Users Like This Post:



  19. #19
    Disagree 100%. I don't see Bell making any difference. It wasn't who was running the ball that caused our losses or even contributed to them, it was the fact that we completely abandoned the run. Conner looked great in the games we ran him and had minuscule numbers in the other games - again, not because he ran poorly but because the running game was not part of the game plan. Bell would not have helped this team.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  20. #20
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    LP in the burgh
    Posts
    6,983
    Rep Power
    199
    A.) I always wanted him back as a third down / split carry type nack this year
    B.) it was his choice not to sign... there was nothing the Steelers could have done differently once he was tagged and the season started... allon him

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation