Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowls

Bowls

Valero Alamo Bowl 24 Iowa St. vs. 13 Wash St. good game nearing end of first half. 14-7 Wash.
    My goodness Hakeem Butler is a beast.

http://www.espn.com/college-football.../hakeem-butler

College football changed their redshirt rules. A player can now play in up to 4 games and still keep the redshirt. This means we might see quite a few freshmen getting playing time in these bowls

Baylor vs Vanderbilt turned out to be a great game. Matt Ruhle is doing a great job at Baylor. After Briles was fired in scandal, that program went right in the toilet. Ruhle had to build from scratch. Tough job too for a guy from State College PA who had no coaching ties in Texas. Baylor is still mostly spread but Ruhle is mixing in some power as well. Their QB actually takes snaps from center.

Michigan vs Florida - i had this as an easy win for Michigan. But 3 key players for Mich are skipping the bowl game. Their RB is nothing special. But 2 key defensive players DL Rashan Gary and LB Devin Bush could hurt the defense. Michigan is all about their defense. I still think Michigan wins because I still don't think Florida's pass game is good enough but Florida has a shot against a weakened Mich defense.

Penn State vs Kentucky - This game worries me a bit because for Kentucky, a win would be one of the best seasons in program history. For Penn State it's a disappointment to be in this game and Kentucky is an under the radar team that could be overlooked. I do think PSU wins because Kentucky's offense is one dimensional. Kentucky reminds me of Pitt and Wisconsin offensively. PSU's defense played really well against both.

Trace McSorley was injured for the last few weeks and it showed. I think the PSU WRs could take a big step forward after the extra bowl practices. They have 3 freshmen. KJ Hamler had a great season. They had to burn the redshirt of Jahan Dotson due to injuries and lack of performance from some upper classmen.

Justin Shorter was one of the top WRs recruits last year. He was expected to start from game 1 for PSU but he was injured in camp and had a nagging injury most of the year. He is big and fast and may be unleashed in the bowl. He could really open up the offense.

The other PSU freshman is TE Pat Freiermuth. TE is not a position where freshmen usually play but he had a great season and looks like he will be a stud.

I just think PSU has too many weapons for Kentucky to stop and Kentucky struggles to score. Kentucky needs it to be a low scoring game.

Clemson vs Notre Dame - this seemed like a blowout but with Clemson's best player DT Dexter Lawrence and a few other players suspended, Notre Dame now may have a shot. Clemson's defense, particularly that DL, is overwhelming. Without Lawrence, it may be blockable by Notre Dame.

Freshman QB Trevor Lawrence has been great for Clemson but he has struggled when teams do NOT blitz and instead play coverage. ND had extra time to prepare and may have some schemes to confuse the freshman and cause some turnovers.

I'm still picking Clemson.

Alabama vs Oklahoma - first instinct is to think blowout for Bama. But Oklahoma's offense is much better than any Bama has faced. Georgia had one of the few good QBs Bama faced and Fromm had a lot of success throwing until Georgia went conservative.

We have seen Bama's defense beaten by spread offense with a good running QB. Murray could give them fits as Deshawn Watson did.

Oklahoma's defense is bad. But how injured is Tua? If his mobility is limited, he could struggle just a bit.

Bama should be able to run all over Oklahoma and if Oklahoma can't keep scoring and force bama to keep pace, the Bama run game will just grind them up.

Murray may have his whole career riding on this game. He's short, really short, possibly only 5'9. If he struggles then his draft stock will drop and he may decide to play baseball. But if he has a big game, there may be a team willing to take a shot on him early in the draft.

I can't buy that Oklahoma defense. I'm thinking it's close early, Oklahoma may even lead at the half but that defense will break and Bama will run away from them.

Browns Bowl - Originals vs. Sneaky fucking bitches thinking they bad but still just a bunch of Baltimore wannabes. Oh, sorry, college bowls..

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Rose Bowl. Huskies vs Buckeyes. Put on your seatbelts, motherlovers, its gonna be a wild ride

....Buckeyes by 40

Not that it matters, but Auburn laid the smack down on Purdue yesterday....63-14. Remember Purdue beat Ohio State. Not saying that Auburn could beat Ohio State, but this again proves that any team can beat anyone on any day. Wisht Auburn had played like that all damn season....
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it".--- Ferris Bueller

"Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way."---- Jimmy Buffett

7/6/50-8/4/12 RIP Daddy.

The Following User Likes This Post:

That was an ugly game Lyn. Over by halftime. I'm just happy OSU finally got overlooked based on losses like that one to Purdue who looked totally outmatched by Auburn.

Penn State vs Kentucky - This game worries me a bit because for Kentucky, a win would be one of the best seasons in program history. For Penn State it's a disappointment to be in this game and Kentucky is an under the radar team that could be overlooked. I do think PSU wins because Kentucky's offense is one dimensional. Kentucky reminds me of Pitt and Wisconsin offensively. PSU's defense played really well against both.
    Wanna watch a kid from PSU CB Amani Oruwariye. Read where he could be the first ever DB selected in the first round from Penn State. And also a kid from my sons' high school Chris Westry corner from Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    Clemson vs Notre Dame - this seemed like a blowout but with Clemson's best player DT Dexter Lawrence and a few other players suspended, Notre Dame now may have a shot. Clemson's defense, particularly that DL, is overwhelming. Without Lawrence, it may be blockable by Notre Dame.

Freshman QB Trevor Lawrence has been great for Clemson but he has struggled when teams do NOT blitz and instead play coverage. ND had extra time to prepare and may have some schemes to confuse the freshman and cause some turnovers.

I'm still picking Clemson.

Alabama vs Oklahoma - first instinct is to think blowout for Bama. But Oklahoma's offense is much better than any Bama has faced. Georgia had one of the few good QBs Bama faced and Fromm had a lot of success throwing until Georgia went conservative.

We have seen Bama's defense beaten by spread offense with a good running QB. Murray could give them fits as Deshawn Watson did.

Oklahoma's defense is bad. But how injured is Tua? If his mobility is limited, he could struggle just a bit.

Bama should be able to run all over Oklahoma and if Oklahoma can't keep scoring and force bama to keep pace, the Bama run game will just grind them up.

Murray may have his whole career riding on this game. He's short, really short, possibly only 5'9. If he struggles then his draft stock will drop and he may decide to play baseball. But if he has a big game, there may be a team willing to take a shot on him early in the draft.

I can't buy that Oklahoma defense. I'm thinking it's close early, Oklahoma may even lead at the half but that defense will break and Bama will run away from them.

Same picks. Some coaches cry about Alabama getting the best talent. While this is true, Saban develops his talent and has a team concept of discipline that few other coaches can match.

Alabama 49, Oklahoma 24 A big 12 defense will get run over by a very pro like Alabama OL.

Clemson 31, Notre Dame 28 This looks like a great game that can go either way.

Final game: Alabama over Clemson. Trevor Lawrence could be a top 5 overall pick in the NFL draft in 2021, but that is two years away. As brilliant as he has been as a freshman, Alabama is loaded with future 1st round picks on defense at all levels. DL, LB, and DB. Saban has his formula of winning and its near flawless power blocking and ferocious tackling, flanked by athletes at the skill positions on offense and guys who can run on defense. They don't have to throw it, but they can. And they almost always win the turnover battle. Very much like an dominant old-school NFL team that used to win by running the ball and playing defense.

I wish they would expand the field to 8, and cut one regular season game out. Give me each power 5 conference winners, and three wild cards with an undefeated season = an automatic bid from a non-power five team if they rank in the top 20 overall.
    Out of smoke! Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. He has won a playoff game in just 4 of his 12 seasons, and most of those came early.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesDavenport View Post
    Browns Bowl
    Thats our SB, isnt it?

bowl?

someone said it is chili outside

so Butler ran outdoors with a bowl and spoon in his hand

She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Thats our SB, isnt it?
    No our SB was against the pats. participation trophies are while supply lasts..............

With potential NFL picks choosing to skip bowl games, like Will Grier from WVU, these lower grade bowls are really nothing more than a scrimmage to evaluate their backups and 1st year players.

I can understand their not wanting to risk getting hurt but the schools invested a lot in them so I think it's pretty lame to not play in their final game.
    No Steeler Chili for you 6 weeks!

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Just hand the trophy to Aaaalabaaaama. I'd like for someone to smoke them,I just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelr4evr View Post
    Just hand the trophy to Aaaalabaaaama. I'd like for someone to smoke them,I just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    With potential NFL picks choosing to skip bowl games, like Will Grier from WVU, these lower grade bowls are really nothing more than a scrimmage to evaluate their backups and 1st year players.

I can understand their not wanting to risk getting hurt but the schools invested a lot in them so I think it's pretty lame to not play in their final game.
    With the playoffs no one gives a shit about playing in a meaningless blow game

Watching my Wolverines now wouldn’t be surprised if they lose because two of their best defenders are out!
    Im surprised Chase Winovich is in there

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I only watch the cheerleaders, Florida has some hotties but Bama has rows and rows of pom pom girls they always fly over with the wire cam, looking down on all those swollen, heaving bossums, they #1 for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I only watch the cheerleaders, Florida has some hotties but Bama has rows and rows of pom pom girls they always fly over with the wire cam, looking down on all those swollen, heaving bossums, they #1 for a reason
    violation

pics or GTFO

Wow ... Michigan is gettin' their asses handed to them ...wouldn't have ever thought that was gonna happen.

Clemson is gonna expose Notre Dame as pretenders. Like Bama did in the National Championship a few years back.