Thread: NFL GameDay Falsely Represented 2 Audio Clips From Roethlisberger Sunday Morning

NFL GameDay Falsely Represented 2 Audio Clips From Roethlisberger Sunday Morning

If this is true then someone needs to come out with an apology and someone also needs to lose a job.

NFL GameDay Falsely Represented 2 Audio Clips From Roethlisberger Sunday Morning

By Dave Bryan
    December 30, 2018 at 1:58 pm
    The NFL Network really had some shady editing Sunday morning when it came to the segment they did on the Pittsburgh Steelers and what happened to them for them to be on the outside looking in entering the final week of the regular season.

During the segment, a few audio clips from a radio interview that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger did following the team’s loss to the Denver Broncos were stitched together to make it sound like he was very upset with wide receiver Antonio Brown following that contest.

You can hear the audio stitched together below courtesy of our very own Alex Kozora.

“I talked to AB, like ‘AB, you have to come flat. You can’t be out there if you’re not going to make those kinds plays for us.”

In reality, the first half of those stitched together quotes was indeed Roethlisbefger talking about the interception he throw late in the game against the Broncos. Below, however, is the full quote.

“He did undercut AB. Who knows what would have happened. That’s where I talked to AB, like ‘AB, you have to come flat. You can’t drift in the end zone because those undercuts can happen.'”

The second half of the manufactured audio clip, however, was Roethlisberger talking about the missed deep pass in that game to rookie wide receiver James Washington. Below is that full quote.

“James needs to just run through that and it’s a touchdown. JuJu’s was a little tougher but James’, he needs to make that play. Yes, he’s a rookie, but you can’t be out there if you’re not going to make those kinds plays for us.”

As you can see, this is very shady by the NFL Network and the NFL Gameday crew and they need to be called out for these actions.

Both of those clips can be found in the one interview below:

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Blog Entries
    Fucking media.......

The Following User Likes This Post:

Meh. Ben isn't liked on his team anyways. So the talking heads on this site say.
    Quote Originally Posted by stillwright View Post
    Wait...are you talking about yourself or paperclip?

Super Dave: I am a(Super) contributor with an up to date subscription. I just never whined about the tag.

You should stick to talking football........

so fake news?

MTC

Part of me is going to be happy when this season ends. Duck I hate the vultures circling the carcass.

Meh. Ben isn't liked on his team anyways. So the talking heads on this site say.
    Says who? Just curious.

Don't think anyone on the sports journalism side of Gameday was going to doctor that knowing they would be caught. That has to be a hater in their technical dept. or someone used a clip off the net that someone had altered and they thought it was legit.

The real story in that particular case was the weak attempt by Ben to try and throw AB under the bus when he should have never thrown that pass. Classic Ben.

Too many media members grew up butthurt from the 70 steelers or their parents hating on the Steelers... they inject drama into this team.... Pittsburgh local media is the worse though... there are maybe five worth a damn... mostly trying to grab attention with petty stuff while oblivious to or just ignoring real storylines that should be hot topics...

Its all narrative pushing and shockjocking for ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Atlsteelers View Post
    Says who? Just curious.
    There is a current thread going on the exact subject.

Super Dave: I am a(Super) contributor with an up to date subscription. I just never whined about the tag.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BLITZ View Post
    so fake news?
    Yes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
    Too many media members grew up butthurt from the 70 steelers or their parents hating on the Steelers... they inject drama into this team.... Pittsburgh local media is the worse though... there are maybe five worth a damn... mostly trying to grab attention with petty stuff while oblivious to or just ignoring real storylines that should be hot topics...

Its all narrative pushing and shockjocking for ratings
    Pittsburgh media knows the Steelers are the draw that's why.
    As much as I love my Pens, the Steelers always seem as the Pittsburgh tradition.

And those butt hurt wankers from opposing teams. Let them hate.
    Still lead the league in super bowls

There is a current thread going on the exact subject.
    Please enlighten me because I can’t find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keebs View Post
    Don't think anyone on the sports journalism side of Gameday was going to doctor that knowing they would be caught. That has to be a hater in their technical dept. or someone used a clip off the net that someone had altered and they thought it was legit.

The real story in that particular case was the weak attempt by Ben to try and throw AB under the bus when he should have never thrown that pass. Classic Ben.
    Classic Ben? The fuck out of here. The one player that has never thrown anyone under the bus, and always taken the blame even when it's not on him...

Fuck, it's no wonder Bradshaw hates Pittsburgh. You guys turn on people for manufactured reasons. Crawl back under the rock you crawled out of with all this bullshit

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Right, wrong or indifferent, Ben has thrown quite a few RZ picks this year.

One would like to see the OC use the running back for more than just "surprise" plays though. They had a running back putting up better numbers than Bell and what do they do?

Well Hell! They just abandon the run halfway through the season for no apparent reason.

Good Call guys!

Quote Originally Posted by wig View Post

One would like to see the OC use the running back for more than just "surprise" plays though. They had a running back putting up better numbers than Bell and what do they do?

Well Hell! They just abandon the run halfway through the season for no apparent reason.

Good Call guys!
    Didn't Conner get hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by wig View Post

Good Call guys!
    Our play calling and formations do not help our players out on the goal line. You can call out most plays just by the formation and personnel. We are not surprising anyone.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.