Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sources – Brown Requests Trade

Quote Originally Posted by Keebs View Post
    Try to be serious before you try to take anyone seriously.

I mean seriously...name the big time players on offense or defense that Brady has had on his way to all those rings? Randy Moss....Teddy Bruschi...? Ty Law..? In ALL those years.

Meanwhile you give Ben credit for 2 SB's in which the run game propped him up not to mention # 1 defenses provided by Dick LeBeau........you want to talk about credibility?

How many big names has Ben had? From Bettis on down...lol.

Try to be objective, it's really not that hard.
    Ernie Adams...

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 6Rings View Post
    I am saying that Ben is not nearly as good without AB, or someone with similar talent. It showed. I dont buy the distraction crap. These are grown men with years of playing pro ball. The head coach is a mess.
    Yes, I would agree that any quarterback in the known universe is not as good without his best receiver.

AB is a grown man with years of playing pro ball, as well. Too bad he still acts like a petulant child, and Tomlin has put up with it for years.

We are but a moment's sunlight
    Fading in the grass

-- Chet Powers

Quote Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
    Ward was a total diva... the news media just loved him so his whining and blowups weren’t made public and blown out of proportion...
    If brown had gotten nailed with drunk driving with his mistress in his car he would get ripped to shreds here... Most people don’t even know that happened to Ward...
    We're talking about on the field here. Ward was not a diva. Brown is.

Ward was a total team player. Not a selfish bone in his body...unlike Brown.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Geez... It sounds a LOT like AB had a minor temper flare, said something in frustration as he walked out and some dick-head reporter ran with it.

I will wait for AB to say something himself, formally.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

FNG

Quote Originally Posted by wig View Post
    Geez... It sounds a LOT like AB had a minor temper flare, said something in frustration as he walked out and some dick-head reporter ran with it.

I will wait for AB to say something himself, formally.
    Exactly what I´m thinking. AB is always singled out by the media as being a diva etc. - let´s wait and see what he has to say, if there´s anything at all. If he indeed asked for a trade, there will be more behind it than just practice frustration...

Quote Originally Posted by Marx View Post
    Exactly what I´m thinking. AB is always singled out by the media as being a diva etc. - let´s wait and see what he has to say, if there´s anything at all. If he indeed asked for a trade, there will be more behind it than just practice frustration...
    The media hates AB like no other, his stories will always be blown out of per portion.After he had the little reporter incident the group of them now act like he fucked their wife.
    Last edited by slashsteel; 01-02-2019 at 06:46 AM.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Quote Originally Posted by Marx View Post
    Ben himself is saying AB is not responding to other players. That has nothing to do with the media whatsoever. Also AB has brought the media scrutiny to himself. If he doesn't get his way he throws tantrums.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jitter77 View Post
    Ben himself is saying AB is not responding to other players. That has nothing to do with the media whatsoever. Also AB has brought the media scrutiny to himself. If he doesn't get his way he throws tantrums.
    The responding to other players doesn't but that stilll doesn't mean the media is blowing this shit up.

It really boils down to if he is missing mandatory events or not. If so you suspend him two games, if not it is business as usual.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

You wanna know why AB acts the way he does? Read this thread for an example.

Guy acts like a jackass, and people here will pin his behavior on someone else, he's so good and the team will suck without him. You think, with all that God given talent, that he hasn't been given pass after pass after pass? He didn't create this monster. The people refusing to hold him accountable for his actions created this. Period.

The Following 7 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Although 2 of Ben's 3 highest rated seasons came without AB.
    The above are true, but this is the pass happy NFL, good QBs don't have to have the absolute best wr. Manning set the TD record at what 37 in Denver with no top 5 WRs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    2007 - Ward, Holmes, Washington, Miller
    2009 - Ward, Holmes, Wallace, Miller

Not exactly no name scrub receivers.

As for Manning, Thomas at the time was absolutely considered a top WR (was all pro that year), Wes Welker, and Eric Decker.

Do you guys even research anything before you spout off?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by insaniti View Post
    2007 - Ward, Holmes, Washington, Miller
    2009 - Ward, Holmes, Wallace, Miller

Not exactly no name scrub receivers.

As for Manning, Thomas at the time was absolutely considered a top WR (was all pro that year), Wes Welker, and Eric Decker.

Do you guys even research anything before you spout off?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Do you comprehend what you read before you spout off?
    I never said Ben has had scrub wrs and put up his best numbers with them.
    Ward was 31 and 32 those years, not exactly in his prime. It's funny now matter what wrs we've used since Ben has been drafted seem to do well, I wonder why?

Thomas was not a top 5 wr, which is what I said. He wasn't an all pro, welker was getting up there in age, and Decker was decent, as I said QBs do not need the absolute best wrs to be very productive, they just need a good group

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    So if Tomlin lied about ABs reason for not playing, I wonder what really happened to Boz?
    This shit better not cost us a draft pick.........

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
    This shit better not cost us a draft pick.........
    Nothing. If the league gives us shit about it, just cite Belichick as precedent. His injury reports have been a joke for years.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    The media hates AB like no other, his stories will always be blown out of per portion.After he had the little reporter incident the group of them now act like he fucked their wife.
    Maybe he did fuck a couple of them

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Nothing. If the league gives us shit about it, just cite Belichick as precedent. His injury reports have been a joke for years.

Agree Ron but Billicheat hasn't been held accountable for years and years where as the STEELERS have been held accountable and both teams past examples have shown this.

Salute the nation

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Yeah.....but we are the Steelers.

Didn't an injury report and an OL cost us a pick previously?
    Last edited by Super Dave; 01-02-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Gettin' to the nut cuttin' here.

The problem with the Steelers is the problem with the NFL

To paraphrase...

Herein lies the silver lining to the pall of doom that descended upon Steelers Nation at Heinz Field last Sunday evening. The current problem with the Steelers has become a league-wide phenomenon today. Without mincing words and despite their season records, no NFL team is particularly strong or dominant these days. Head coaches in the league have become largely preoccupied with public relations concerns while silently enduring the most obnoxious antics from their high-profile players. Furthermore, as Steelers fans witnessed in the 2018 implosion of kicker Chris Boswell — and to a lesser extent in the virtual disappearance of Stephon Tuitt as a force on the defensive line — the rising stars of promising players sometimes fade quickly, especially once they’ve signed generous contracts. For future reference, this shall be known as the Joe Flacco Effect.

If you truly want to witness what’s wrong with the Steelers — and with the NFL at large — all you need to do is turn on your TV and watch the playoffs. You’ll bear witness to the same inconsistency and sloppiness we’ve seen from the Black-and-gold this season, but you’ll see this among a group of teams which one might reasonably expect to have corrected these issues by this stage of the season.

Play-by-play broadcasters, of course, will continue the ruse that these clumsy, unprepared teams somehow represent the league’s cream of the crop. Regardless of how ugly the spectacle on the gridiron might actually become, they’ll do their level best to portray this season’s contenders as titans of the sport, perhaps poised on the threshold of a new league “dynasty.”
    https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...odell-nfl-news

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
    Yeah.....but we are the Steelers.

Didn't an injury report and an OL cost us a pick previously?
    No. That was a accounting error on a bonus provided to Wil Wolford, which caused the Steelers to exceed the salary cap. Dan Rooney reported it to the league, not the media or another club. NFL still fined the Steelers a 3rd round pick for it.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

Back to AB.

C.U.E.U.P.U. has pretty much only focused on the 1st two letters. It's been disappointing for a while now ( if he ever even meant it).

As for Ben, I don't know. He's grown up since his younger days but has lost some of his competitiveness since he settled down.

Too bad they all apparently let the media affect them. It's not just the NFL this happens...

This is a pattern with AB.. It is now not just an isolated incident or something to keep brushing off. If they don't trade him, they should take their lumps and suspend him for the first 3 or 4 games of next year. That will get the message across to him (his records and numbers mean nothing to the TEAM) and to others. This team has gone without discipline for far too long. AB missing his record of 100+ catches and 1,000+ yards next year means more to him than wins. Missing 3 or 4 games and he damn well may not make those numbers.