Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTF is wrong with Steeler fans and local media???

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    Has this been an issue ever before? I can't remember a single player crying about not getting a team MVP award before.
    Why take the chance? Also, why wouldn't you wait until after your last game (hopefully the SB) and name your MVP. Just makes no sense at all.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

I hope this blowup is not about team MVP and if it is, thats totally selfish and childish. Maybe AB feels unappreciated! It could even be a ploy to renegotiate his contract wanting more money. He's going to need it with being sued by the family in Florida for nearly missing hitting the kid with a flying piece of furniture from 14 stories.

Also, Ben should discontinue doing his show next year. No matter what the guy says he's scrutinized for it so he'd be better off not even doing the show. even though we all enjoy it.

In this day and age where everyone needs a trophy, they should probably can the MVP award. They are all special. :)
    No Steeler Chili for you 6 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    Tge best question is who is not picking Ben and wtf is wrong with their eyes or what is wrong with this team. Now I know it's a bit of a meaningless thing. No way he is up for League MVP, but jeez that is your leader and to my mind he pretty much played good to great in all but a few games. Gave them a chance every week.
    Some media guys like Dulac and Bouchette said it could be a thing where everyone knows Ben is the MVP, but they go to next most deserving guy

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I blame the whole season on Colbert & Rooney. Those are the two responsible for the Bell decision. If you wanted to franchise tag bell, it should have been the
    non-exclusive tag, letting Bell negotiate with other teams. At least Bell would learn his market value. If someone wanted to pay him his asking price, let him
    go and take the draft picks. Then spend the money saved to improve the team for 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Pride View Post
    Why take the chance? Also, why wouldn't you wait until after your last game (hopefully the SB) and name your MVP. Just makes no sense at all.
    Take the chance on what? This should not be a problem. I don't know if Brown had a problem with it or not, but if he did, blame him and no one else.

Take the chance on what? This should not be a problem. I don't know if Brown had a problem with it or not, but if he did, blame him and no one else.
    Why take the chance on someone having their feelings hurt during the season. Just give the award after the season is over. Not that hard to comprehend.

Why take the chance on someone having their feelings hurt during the season. Just give the award after the season is over. Not that hard to comprehend.
    AB all of a sudden not going to sulk just because they give the award a few days later?

AB all of a sudden not going to sulk just because they give the award a few days later?
    How does AB skip a game if the award is handed out after the season? If AB has all off season to sulk over the award, do you think he is still affected by it 6 months later at training camp. Why would you give an MVP award before your season is over?

How does AB skip a game if the award is handed out after the season? If AB has all off season to sulk over the award, do you think he is still affected by it 6 months later at training camp. Why would you give an MVP award before your season is over?
    AB sat with James Harrison and watched the press conference. They both posted shots directed at Tomlin/the team during and right after the PC. Sorry, I do not feel for AB--and yes, I absolutely think he's still affected by it 6 months later.

AB sat with James Harrison and watched the press conference. They both posted shots directed at Tomlin/the team during and right after the PC. Sorry, I do not feel for AB--and yes, I absolutely think he's still affected by it 6 months later.
    Those two were only short one Le"veon Bell for their 3 selfish idiots routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersteeler View Post
    Those two were only short one Le"veon Bell for their 3 selfish idiots routine.
    It would be absolutely tremendous if he showed up in the background as well.

Never said I felt for AB. As a team, why would you give an MVP award before the season is over. If this whole issue with AB is a result of the MVP decision, then the Steelers need to evaluate why they give the award before the season is over and whether that can have negative ramifications.

WTF is wrong with Steeler fans and local media???

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    most media, both local and national, are fucking idiots. They just spout shit to hear themselves talk.....
    Like certain posters here on this board.....

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Last edited by Ike Kelly; 01-02-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    P-38L fan

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    JuJu said he picked Ben, for what that's worth. Who did AB pick? I'd like to know that. Himself?
    JuJu actually reported he picked Haden as team MVP.

P-38L fan

Quote Originally Posted by mdk2 View Post
    Mark Madden
    Mark Madden
    @MarkMaddenX
    The notion of tying Ben into the "bad guy" narrative is absurd. Silly, stupid, whatever word you want to use. Perhaps he should praise his WRs when they run the wrong routes. FOH.
    8:57 AM ∑ Jan 2, 2019 ∑ Twitter Web Client

Itís gotten to the point where Mark Madden is the logical one out of all these reporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. Ben had 5,000 yards passing and one of his best seasons. He didn't blow timeouts, throw the red flags and go 0 for his last 10, lose leads, call fake punts on 4th and 5 on our side of the field, and ask linebackers to cover receivers. These are Tomlin's faults, not Ben's

You know something, I seriously wonder if the same media people who used to back Kordell Stewart after it was clear he sucked ( Jim Wexell for example ) are also part of the same people pointing fingers at Ben, to shift focus from Tomlin issues. It would be interesting to see if that's the case.

Mark Madden has earned respect. He tells the truth, and his reporting is accurate and insightful.
    Out of smoke! Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. He has won a playoff game in just 4 of his 12 seasons, and most of those came early.

I actually found an article critical of the Rooneys, color me shocked

Art Rooney II won't make necessary changes

New year. Same old Pittsburgh Steelers.

Some of us hadn't even finished lunch on Day 1 of 2019 before the first Steelers off-field controversy of the new year.

This year's Steelers collapse is just the latest waste of talent under Tomlin's stewardship. Furthermore, Brown's behavior is yet another in a long line of high-profile headlines illuminating the weekly circus act inside the Steelers locker room. Tomlin's inability to control the chaos off the field has reached epidemic proportions.

Plus, the Steelers have failed to maximize a talent-laden roster featuring the most prized possession in football: a Hall of Fame quarterback.

What Tomlin has done — orchestrating a 12-year career without a losing season — suggests he has done nothing to deserve being fired. Yet, over the last 10 years, Tomlin has missed the playoffs almost as often as he has made them with just six postseason appearances. In only three of those seasons have his teams enjoyed playoff victories.

Given the talent, that record suggests replacing him is overdue.

Rooney's sensibilities won't allow him to fire Tomlin. He holds the Steelers' reputation of maintaining a coach too dear. But if the payoff of keeping a generational talent such as Brown happy is needed to pull the trigger, maybe Brown's demand is a blessing in disguise.

https://triblive.com/sports/-topstor...mething-big-he

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post
    JuJu actually reported he picked Haden as team MVP.

conflicting reports. . .imagine that. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__F4nvH-4sU

Listen in about the 10:45 mark until the end...apparently I am not the only one that thinks giving out an MVP award before the end of your season is incredibly stupid.

The Following User Likes This Post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__F4nvH-4sU

Listen in about the 10:45 mark until the end...apparently I am not the only one that thinks giving out an MVP award before the end of your season is incredibly stupid.
    The whole interview made sense and was spot on.

I also agree he needs to get in front of the team as a condition of his remaining on the team.

Man up AB and stop acting like a bitch.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back