Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: WTF is wrong with Steeler fans and local media???

  1. #1

    WTF is wrong with Steeler fans and local media???

    How the fuck does everything end up being Ben's fault??? All the AB shit this week, the AB topics on here all turn into bash Ben threads. Fans on Twitter blaming Ben for Bell not coming back.
    Media (the fan) blaming Ben for the Riddley fumble. Saying he throws his teammates under the bus. Then on his show yesterday he has nothing but good things to say about AB, so they crush him for that saying he's lying.
    They also say his ego gets in the way of the team. He was asked about winning the passing title and he said that's not my passing title it's the entire offenses.
    He gets bashed for not being a leader, then when he mentions a rookie wr for dropping a ball, and having a talk with him, he's bashed for that.

    Blame him for not going into the Oakland game.

    I could go on and on, but do any of you asshats remember what it's like without a QB?

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

  2. #2
    Moderator


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,876
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    96
    If he had done what some in the media had said he should of done in the Oakland game he would also be branded a racist by the very people who are suggesting the actions.

  3. #3
    Those fans are really going to miss the best QB in franchise history when he retires.

    The Following 8 Users Like This Post:



  4. #4
    Member thesteelcity's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,925
    Rep Power
    197
    If you are a Bell, AB and Tomlin apologist, you blame Ben. He's the easiest target. It can't be anyone of them causing team unrest, so it has to be the guy that has been here for 15 years. Ben has always gotten the short end of the stick and not given the benefit if the doubt, from his motorcycle accident to GA to Haley to being labeled a Drama Queen. I can't wait until we are rolling Dobbs or Rudolph out there and see this board then.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  5. #5
    Mark Madden
    Mark Madden
    @MarkMaddenX
    The notion of tying Ben into the "bad guy" narrative is absurd. Silly, stupid, whatever word you want to use. Perhaps he should praise his WRs when they run the wrong routes. FOH.
    8:57 AM ∑ Jan 2, 2019 ∑ Twitter Web Client


    Itís gotten to the point where Mark Madden is the logical one out of all these reporters.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    You never know how they are in private but at least Ben appears the team player in public and I would bet dollars to dimes this shit with AB is Ben calling him out for team play and proffesionalism.
    However, I still come back to the MVP vote. A lot of people shrugged that off. I saw it as a locker room divided.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  7. #7
    Member SteelerInLebanon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lebanon, OH (Near Kings Island)
    Posts
    5,749
    Rep Power
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    If you are a Bell, AB and Tomlin apologist, you blame Ben. It can't be anyone of them, so it has to be the guy that has been here for 15 years. Ben has always gotten the short end of the stick and not given the benefit if the doubt, from his motorcycle accident to GA to Haley to being a Drama Queen. I can't wait until we are rolling Dobbs or Rudolph out there and see this board then.
    Or you look at each case individually and try and assign blame where it belongs rather than always having an agenda based on who you think or want to blame. Everyone on this team and all coaches and management have some varying degree of responsibility for our issues as well as some outside the organization as well like the horrible referees in this league.

    Tomlin certainly is at fault, AB for sure, Ben has made his share of blunders, Bell is an idiot but none of them bare the full responsibility for this season. We really seem to oversimplify everything as fans and want to think we know better than the team.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  8. #8
    The station he does is radio show are the worst ones, as far as the media goes, the guys in the afternoon suck, Mueller (who is from Cleveland) and Fillaponi. No wonder Madden kills them in ratings

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

  9. #9
    Member thesteelcity's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,925
    Rep Power
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    You never know how they are in private but at least Ben appears the team player in public and I would bet dollars to dimes this shit with AB is Ben calling him out for team play and proffesionalism.
    However, I still come back to the MVP vote. A lot of people shrugged that off. I saw it as a locker room divided.
    the time frame works out that it was the MVP voting. Ben saw AB in the AM on Thursday and he was fine. After the voting came out at noon, no one has heard from him. Simple math and look who we are talking about. When I heard he was yelling at LeBeau and said he's the franchise, I've lost respect for him.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerInLebanon View Post
    Or you look at each case individually and try and assign blame where it belongs rather than always having an agenda based on who you think or want to blame. Everyone on this team and all coaches and management have some varying degree of responsibility for our issues as well as some outside the organization as well like the horrible referees in this league.

    Tomlin certainly is at fault, AB for sure, Ben has made his share of blunders, Bell is an idiot but none of them bare the full responsibility for this season. We really seem to oversimplify everything as fans and want to think we know better than the team.
    Agreed but what Ben or Ward or whoever did 15 years ago has zero to do with now.
    I mean fans and media saying Ben should've just walked onto the field in Oakland regardless what Tomlin says. Or it's his fault Riddley was given the ball to fumble, just total moronic statements.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  11. #11
    Member thesteelcity's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,925
    Rep Power
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerInLebanon View Post
    Or you look at each case individually and try and assign blame where it belongs rather than always having an agenda based on who you think or want to blame. Everyone on this team and all coaches and management have some varying degree of responsibility for our issues as well as some outside the organization as well like the horrible referees in this league.

    Tomlin certainly is at fault, AB for sure, Ben has made his share of blunders, Bell is an idiot but none of them bare the full responsibility for this season. We really seem to oversimplify everything as fans and want to think we know better than the team.
    Of course, everyone has some degree of fault along the lines, but it's not Tomlin's fault, Ben is next in line to get the brunt of blame. I'm just going by what I read or what is said. A lot of fans think they know more than the team or media. While it could be he said/she said story, sides are already picked.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    the time frame works out that it was the MVP voting. Ben saw AB in the AM on Thursday and he was fine. After the voting came out at noon, no one has heard from him. Simple math and look who we are talking about. When I heard he was yelling at LeBeau and said he's the franchise, I've lost respect for him.
    If AB thought he was MVP he is fucked. Ben should have been unanimous MVP. The fact he wasn't concerned me about this locker room before any of this other shit happened.

  13. #13
    Member thesteelcity's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,925
    Rep Power
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    If AB thought he was MVP he is fucked. Ben should have been unanimous MVP. The fact he wasn't concerned me about this locker room before any of this other shit happened.
    JuJu said he picked Ben, for what that's worth. Who did AB pick? I'd like to know that. Himself?

  14. #14
    Most INtelligent Poster
    CoolieMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Heaven on Earth
    Posts
    6,238
    Rep Power
    183
    most media, both local and national, are fucking idiots. They just spout shit to hear themselves talk

    and most fans who will take the time to call a sports talk show are fanatical fucking idiots.....

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    JuJu said he picked Ben, for what that's worth. Who did AB pick? I'd like to know that. Himself?
    I know Ben voted for Pouncey. Some reports said AB was heard saying he's underappreciated, so that would go along with the MVP thing, but how the hell is that Ben's fault.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

  16. #16
    Tge best question is who is not picking Ben and wtf is wrong with their eyes or what is wrong with this team. Now I know it's a bit of a meaningless thing. No way he is up for League MVP, but jeez that is your leader and to my mind he pretty much played good to great in all but a few games. Gave them a chance every week.

  17. #17
    Member thesteelcity's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,925
    Rep Power
    197
    Logical choice was Ben. I wouldn't have been upset if AB got MVP. JuJu doesn't get a lot of balls thrown to him without AB being double-teamed game in and game out, but still had a great year. It's hard not to root for him, esp the gutsy performance against NO.

  18. #18
    Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    2,005
    Rep Power
    67
    Here are my 2 questions.
    1) On what team is the franchise QB NOT the MVP pretty much every year, whether they have a formal award for it, I always assumed it was obvious who the MVP of almost any team is if you are going to be successful.
    2) Why in the fuck do the Steelers name an MVP BEFORE the end of the season and run the risk of having the drama of someone having hurt feelings. Makes no sense why you announce an MVP before the season is even over.
    Last edited by Steeler Pride; 01-02-2019 at 01:06 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Pride View Post
    2) Why in the fuck do the Steelers name an MVP BEFORE the end of the season and fun the risk of having the drama of someone having hurt feelings. Makes no sense why you announce an MVP before the season is even over.
    Has this been an issue ever before? I can't remember a single player crying about not getting a team MVP award before.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  20. #20
    Dramaville...
    Cope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Section 228
    Posts
    11,385
    Rep Power
    286
    The only thing I blame Ben for is interceptions that don't touch his receivers first.

    The Following 6 Users Like This Post:



Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation