Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Brown calls Ryan Clark an Uncle Tom

How do you win anything when your defense is complete garbage. Its Tomlin's fault for not correcting the weak areas of the team like DB's, LB's, ST and so on. Even the coaches offensive and defensive. We didn't win anything because our Defense couldn't stop a beach ball, even on 3rd and 20. I don't know how many times i have witnessed this pulling my hair out.. What kind of shit was that in a must win game against the Bengals. It come down to a FG and a measly 16 points.

Now JuJu knows what its like to get double teamed with his 37 yard game. Brown has to play the decoy double team and still would get over a 100 yards. That said, I don't like the shit he's been pulling off, people make it sound like Brown isn't worth shit though. If the Steelers do get rid of Brown they better go get the next best thing because they won't be going anywhere with what they have now.

The Following User Likes This Post:

MTC

Quote Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
    How do you win anything when your defense is complete garbage. Its Tomlin's fault for not correcting the weak areas of the team like DB's, LB's, ST and so on. Even the coaches offensive and defensive. We didn't win anything because our Defense couldn't stop a beach ball, even on 3rd and 20. I don't know how many times i have witnessed this pulling my hair out.. What kind of shit was that in a must win game against the Bengals. It come down to a FG and a measly 16 points.

Now JuJu knows what its like to get double teamed with his 37 yard game. Brown has to play the decoy double team and still would get over a 100 yards. That said, I don't like the shit he's been pulling off, people make it sound like Brown isn't worth shit though. If the Steelers do get rid of Brown they better go get the next best thing because they won't be going anywhere with what they have now.
    Again, we never game planned or schemed for not having AB against the Bungles.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

Like last year when JuJu had 6 receptions for 75 yards and a touchdown against Houston or 9 receptions for 143 yards and a touchdown against Cleveland with Brown out of the lineup?

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by warriors42 View Post
    I don't know, Chuck Norris is 5-10 and 180 pounds, Bruce Lee was 5-7 and 160 pounds, warriors42 is 6 ft 225 pounds. Don't think I would want to fuck with any of them. just sayin. lol.

Lee was 135 pounds.

Brown saying he was going to hit some reporter, just adds to the mess. I'm thinking the Steelers know a bit more than the media does on what Brown has said and done, and will listen to offers to Trade Brown.

I still like two first round picks from Raiders Or the 49ers, or Jets's pick in round one which we can trade down.

When Ben was out for games, Brown turns into just a good player. Brown works well with Ben because Ben buys him a second chance to get open and can throw it on the run or deep with accuracy. Good luck finding another QB that can do what Ben does.

I say ship him out.
    Out of smoke! Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. He has won a playoff game in just 4 of his 12 seasons, and most of those came early.

This is seriously fucked up.

Why wasn’t the last page put into at least two seperate AB threads. I mean seriously.

Easy to say ship him out not so easy to replace him. Again if you are going to ship out your best weapon outside of Ben you damn sure better get appropriate value. We probably will go back n forth with this all off-season but no way I let him go for anything under two ones or a one a damn good player.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Not going anywhere with Tomlin no matter who is there next year!! Give any other coach, except a few, the talent we have had on this team sines Tomlin came in, and we sure as hell would have done better then First playoff game SMACK DOWNS!!! Middle of road must be good enough for Rooney’s now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    Like last year when JuJu had 6 receptions for 75 yards and a touchdown against Houston or 9 receptions for 143 yards and a touchdown against Cleveland with Brown out of the lineup?
    Because nobody realized how good of a receiver juju is. They took him for granted. No free passes now. I am happy to have JuJu, but he's not Brown. You need 2 really good WR's in today's game.

I still feel the best thing to do is keep AB and fire Tomlin and Butler.

We didn't blow games we should have won, tie the browns, or lose to the raiders because AB is a badass receiver. We did those things because Tomlin and Butler are shit coaches.

The media blew this up, and you all know it. AB showed up to play Sunday and Tomlin said no. The way I see it, AB did not quit on the team. Tomlin suddenly became a disciplinarian? Really?

If we dump AB and keep those two, well, I guess this is just a stupid fucking organization.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Because nobody realized how good of a receiver juju is. They took him for granted. No free passes now. I am happy to have JuJu, but he's not Brown. You need 2 really good WR's in today's game.
    It was the last two weeks of the season, everyone knew what JuJu was all about.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanJim View Post

We didn't blow games we should have won, tie the browns, or lose to the raiders because AB is a badass receiver. We did those things because Tomlin and Butler are shit coaches.

The media blew this up, and you all know it. AB showed up to play Sunday and Tomlin said no. The way I see it, AB did not quit on the team. Tomlin suddenly became a disciplinarian? Really?

If we dump AB and keep those two, well, I guess this is just a stupid fucking organization.
    Stubborn organization

Sorry that is one of the dumbest things ever written. Not showing for practice Thur, fri and sat while not responding to the coach, owner and players is quitting on your team. No matter how in love with him you are he quit on his team
    Last edited by Xc944; 01-07-2019 at 12:16 AM.

He's skipped meetings and walk throughs earlier in the season too, mandatory. He lied about a knee injury and didn't skipped practice, then skipped his MRI because nothing was wrong with him.
    Then he would respond to anyone within the organization Friday and Saturday, then had his agent call for him. Then he left the game at halftime and won't respond to anyone again.
    But he can get on social media with his buddy James Harrison and mock Tomlin like a 14 year old girl.

I'm no fan of Tomlin either, but that doesn't give AB free reign to act like a immature ass, or to walk out on his team before the biggest game of the season.

So long douche

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Easy to say ship him out not so easy to replace him. Again if you are going to ship out your best weapon outside of Ben you damn sure better get appropriate value. We probably will go back n forth with this all off-season but no way I let him go for anything under two ones or a one a damn good player.

What great top rated WR does Philly, Rams, Dallas, Chargers, NE, Indy have?

The best wrs in the league are usually AB, Julio, Beckham.

In terms of catches Thomas from the Saints is still in the playoffs, the next WR in terms of catches is Keenan Allen, and he was ranked 12th in catches.

In terms of yards receiving, only Hill and Thomas are left in the playoffs and they ranked 4th and 6th in yards, the next highest ranked wr left is Hilton ranked 13th.

If you have a good QB, you don't have to have the best WR, especially one with a major attitude problem that has quit on his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    What great top rated WR does Philly, Rams, Dallas, Chargers, NE, Indy have?

The best wrs in the league are usually AB, Julio, Beckham.

In terms of catches Thomas from the Saints is still in the playoffs, the next WR in terms of catches is Keenan Allen, and he was ranked 12th in catches.

In terms of yards receiving, only Hill and Thomas are left in the playoffs and they ranked 4th and 6th in yards, the next highest ranked wr left is Hilton ranked 13th.

If you have a good QB, you don't have to have the best WR, especially one with a major attitude problem that has quit on his team.

Steelers have AB and Juju. And question marks at the position. Thomas and Allen are damn good. Kupp, Woods, and Cooks is a good trio. With Washington struggling it would be a huge risk to go just with JuJu. You better have two other options coming in to fill the void. Looking back at last year's plethora of shitty ass decisions you have a lot of faith that the Steelers wouldn't miss a beat do ya? Yeah deplete the most important position outside of QB in this passing league. We can lean on that suspect secondary that suspect special teams unit, and for dessert we can pray a injury prone RB won't get injured again. SB here we come!

Steelers have AB and Juju. And question marks at the position. Thomas and Allen are damn good. Kupp, Woods, and Cooks is a good trio. With Washington struggling it would be a huge risk to go just with JuJu. You better have two other options coming in to fill the void. Looking back at last year's plethora of shitty ass decisions you have a lot of faith that the Steelers wouldn't miss a beat do ya? Yeah deplete the most important position outside of QB in this passing league. We can lean on that suspect secondary that suspect special teams unit, and for dessert we can pray a injury prone RB won't get injured again. SB here we come!

I'd bring in a free agent WR. No I don't have a ton of faith we'd get it right, but I have alot more faith in that than I do of AB being a normal hard working team mate all season. We've done well drafting WRs.
    Trade AB, it gives us more of a chance to get it right with another first round pick.

We've made one AFCCG with AB as a starter, weve done plenty of losing with him

I'd bring in a free agent WR. No I don't have a ton of faith we'd get it right, but I have alot more faith in that than I do of AB being a normal hard working team mate all season. We've done well drafting WRs.
    Trade AB, it gives us more of a chance to get it right with another first round pick.

We've made one AFCCG with AB as a starter, weve done plenty of losing with him

Problem is the free agent market looks light at WR. I know why you desire it. From a talent standpoint it could cripple the team. I still want two ones if I am trading him. I just think otherwise they are cutting off their nose inspire of their face.

Problem is the free agent market looks light at WR. I know why you desire it. From a talent standpoint it could cripple the team. I still want two ones if I am trading him. I just think otherwise they are cutting off their nose inspire of their face.

If AB would come back and apologize and act like a normal player, then ok.
    I just don't see that happening, Ben has enough to worry about, without trying to keep him happy.
    I mean he walked out on his team before the biggest game of the year.

How long before he competes with TO for letting down his teams, one after another? Very toxic. I think that Tomlins mismanagement could have perpetuated the breakdown though. What a shit show!

If AB would come back and apologize and act like a normal player, then ok.
    I just don't see that happening, Ben has enough to worry about, without trying to keep him happy.
    I mean he walked out on his team before the biggest game of the year.

They do need to solve the problem. But there is a significant amount of problems that need solving. Some that might handcuff the team despite whatever happens to AB. This will be a interesting off-season for sure.