Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Brown calls Ryan Clark an Uncle Tom

I still don't think any team gives up a 1 for Brown. A 2 might be a reach. Who gives up that much capital for his contract knowing he quit on his team? Knowing that it could just as easily happen to their team? That's right. No one. If you can get a 3, and a 6 and maybe get a team to swap 2nds with you, it's a win. If the Steelers want a 1, I think they are going to be disappointed.

I get it. A guy with his talent is worth a first. A guy with his issues is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I still don't think any team gives up a 1 for Brown. A 2 might be a reach. Who gives up that much capital for his contract knowing he quit on his team? Knowing that it could just as easily happen to their team? That's right. No one. If you can get a 3, and a 6 and maybe get a team to swap 2nds with you, it's a win. If the Steelers want a 1, I think they are going to be disappointed.

I get it. A guy with his talent is worth a first. A guy with his issues is not.
    Exactly just see bell, zero offers for him. Ab will get offers won’t be what people here expect.

When Sanstonio Holmes went to the Jets he not only became a locker room problem his antics eventually cost Rex Ryan his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Xc944 View Post
    Exactly just see bell, zero offers for him. Ab will get offers won’t be what people here expect.
    Zero offers? Bell wasn’t available. Exclusive rights. He had no power to get any offers until FA 2019. Brown situation is different. He has a signed contract, thus eligible for movement. Rather doubtful, but nevertheless possible.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Not sure if this has been said or not but I have not read the book Uncle Tom’s Cabin but I found the following article from urban dictionary on the definition of Uncle Tom and its supposedly real meaning.

Uncle Tom is a Christian figure and hero portrayed in the book "Uncle Tom’s Cabin.” UncleTom is ultimately martyred; being beaten to death by a cruel master, simply because Tom has a sacrificial heart for others and refuses to betray the location of two black women who have escaped from slavery.

“Tom is ordered by Simon Legree, the immoral slave owner, to flog a female slave. Tom refuses. Legree strikes him repeatedly with a cowhide lash. Again, he tells Tom to beat the woman. Tom, with a soft voice, says,

The poor crittur's sick and feeble; 'twould be downright cruel, and it's what I never would do, nor begin to. Mas'r, if you mean to kill me, kill me; but, as to my raising my hand agin anyone here, I never shall, -- I'll die first’" (Page 439, from "Uncle Tom’s Cabin," by Harriet Beecher Stowe).

I would assume, the majority of people representing the black race, who call members of their same race “Uncle Toms,” have never read the book nor have they acted heroically to save other lives from harm. They would learn fine quality traits from his humble man of God represented in fictional character form, who is willing to sacrifice his own life to protect others.

It is incredibly strange liberal blacks call people names using a fictitious character who assisted in freeing the black race. The book is considered the main weapon implemented in erasing slavery, and Uncle Tom is the hero.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Thanks for posting that. I didn’t know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post
    Zero offers? Bell wasn’t available. Exclusive rights. He had no power to get any offers until FA 2019. Brown situation is different. He has a signed contract, thus eligible for movement. Rather doubtful, but nevertheless possible.

i guess you’re forgetting The Steelers said they would listen to offers and got zero

i guess you’re forgetting The Steelers said they would listen to offers and got zero
    That tag wasn't signed , it would have been pointless to listen to offers with a player not under contract.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

The Following User Likes This Post:

As Slash said, why listen, when you don't have the player under contract? The whole purpose of the exclusive tag is to protect an investment. Steelers FO obviously felt their investment was signing long term. Something Bell fed them at the end of the 2017 league year. He commented "They were close" and "I think it getting done". Giving the ExTag gave Bell assurances they wanted him long term. He originally portrayed he wanted to be there long term, but fell into the ego trap known as listening to other people's opinion who has no vested interest.
    P-38L fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    I know a secret down at Uncle Tom's cabin
    I know a secret that I just can't tell
    Know a secret that I just can't tell
    Know who put the bodies, know who put the bodies in the wishin' well
    She’s my cherry pie cuz heaven isn’t too far away

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post

Ike, we will find out as first hurdle is March 13-18 as that is a window of movement. Somewhere near there they also have to designate Waive before or after June 1st as cap implication is involved. Thanks for all your great post(s).

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

PS They will not openly waive AB and I seriously doubt they trade him unless it's a very beneficial deal for them. Otherwise it's just off season as normal for AB, or normal as it could be.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Nah Drink, the media will hype it, but the FO is going to move on from Bell and take the 3rd rounder. Unless he does a complete 180, which is possible. But still, I think Bell is going to get a big contract from someone. OAK or IND. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gruden and Mayock are hashing a plan right now.

P-38L fan

US Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Bouchette is wrong, unless moving Brown involves him paying back some of his signing bonus to get a trade. $21M is in stone, but there are instances where a player has paid back part of a signing bonus, and that reduces the cap. If Brown is going to get a brand new contract, possibly in the $100M range, he could conceivably give the Steelers $20M if he's getting over $40M in guarantees. He's still making out, gets a higher salary, and the Steelers are out of cap hell. The problem with moving him though, is value. He's not a 1 first round draft pick trade. AB is a GOAT. It's like trading Rice in his prime. What team wouldn't give everything to get a Rice in his prime? This can possibly be played like the Hershel Walker trade. Walker was a HOFer, and a GOAT at the time for RBs, Dallas parlayed that trade into 3 superbows. Minimum that I would take for AB is 3 1sts. 1 first for a pro bowler, 2 firsts for a franchise player, 3 firsts for a HOFer/GOAT. That is intelligent market value for AB.
    Did you in all seriousness just liken Antonio Brown (who will turn 31 years of age before next season) to Jerry Rice...IN HIS PRIME?

C'mon, man. Jerry Rice won three Super Bowls, in which he caught 28 passes for 512 yards and 7 touchdowns, and two of those games were before the guy turned 28.

We are but a moment's sunlight
    Fading in the grass

-- Chet Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Litos View Post
    there still are some serious race issues in the US unfortunately
    There's some violent extremists here and there, others who would open the borders to somali pirates. Most people find a healthy medium somewhere.