Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coach's Bible proves he's wrong

Coach's Bible proves he's wrong

It may be difficult for Coach to admit he's wrong, but his favorite rag site just did it for him.

His constant agenda fueled tirade of Sean Davis was shot down by his go to source of player assessment, as PFF's 2018 year end grades show the highest player on the Steelers was in fact Sean Davis. a 22+ point increase. 14th player in the ranking.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pff/0ap300...player-of-2018
    P-38L fan

The Following User Likes This Post:

Coach,this is certainly not a good look for you here. How in the world can you criticize Davis as being a bust when your very own reliable source rates Davis #1 on the Steelers?

You're killing me here Coach!

Most INtelligent Poster

fuck...doesn't that douche start enough threads...now we have a thread about his fucktarded opinions????

Isnít it coincidental that he hasnít made any recent commentary on your Oliver thread? Could it be because most prognosticators are still showing Ed being gone well before the 10th pick? Even Walter Football, which he uses the most for draft plagiarism, shows Oliver going 8th.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post
    Isn’t it coincidental that he hasn’t made any recent commentary on your Oliver thread? Could it be because most prognosticators are still showing Ed being gone well before the 10th pick? Even Walter Football, which he uses the most for draft plagiarism, shows Oliver going 8th.

Ike, I've got sources that kinda hope ED goes 20th.............................................. ..........

Salute the nation

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

My feeling on the safeties which is totally based upon watching not empirically researched was that they didn't give up a hell of a lot of deep down the middle post plays. Not like last year where Mitchell got absolutely destroyed. However, they didn't exactly ball hawk it. Like once in a while you'de like to see a safety jump a route and undercut it. Or even an anticipated deflected ball. I felt like they sat back in Tampa two and didn't make a hell of a lot of plays, but the defensive calls are not their fault.

I think Davis is an okay S, my opinion is that he hasn't reached his ceiling yet and that's very good news for the D. It's a matter of coaches and himself to go that extra mile and become a real playmaker

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    Ike, I've got sources that kinda hope ED goes 20th.............................................. ..........

Salute the nation
    Sources only kinda hope, that is quite the solid source. (sarcasm wink)

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Last edited by slashsteel; 01-04-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Salute the nation
    Oh wouldn't that be fabulous if Pitt grabbed him. There's your reason to switch to 4-3 and just let the line mature even better. That would be the only consolation for Coach winning the bet.

Then again, it would probably open up Coach to starting a thread every day about wasted pick.....But hey!!! Can you cap out Coach's created thread limit to one//every 14 days?
    P-38L fan

Oh wouldn't that be fabulous if Pitt grabbed him. There's your reason to switch to 4-3 and just let the line mature even better. That would be the only consolation for Coach winning the bet.

Then again, it would probably open up Coach to starting a thread every day about wasted pick.....But hey!!! Can you cap out Coach's created thread limit to one//every 14 days?
    Ed will be gone but it is highly possible that scenario will be facing them as this draft is really high end deep at DT.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Ed will be gone but it is highly possible that scenario will be facing them as this draft is really high end deep at DT.

A lot has to play out yet before one can determine the route the steelers should go on order of who and what. NO MATTER what the scenario we need a DEFENSIVE play maker and hopefully of need in round one or two.

Salute the nation

It may be difficult for Coach to admit he's wrong, but his favorite rag site just did it for him.

His constant agenda fueled tirade of Sean Davis was shot down by his go to source of player assessment, as PFF's 2018 year end grades show the highest player on the Steelers was in fact Sean Davis. a 22+ point increase. 14th player in the ranking.

Coming from a guy who blasts them, this is rich!

Also, you might want to look at a real link from the source. Like the Pro Football Focus website.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/sean-davis/10692

Davis was rated the 40th safety in the NFL. Your 14th rating is a fantasy and misleading. So he improved a bit from terrible to bad. Press on. Lots of posters on this board can see Davis misses too many tackles ( lead the team in missed tackles ) gave up a lot of big plays and makes too few plays on the ball.

Also as I said before I don't always agree with PFF. In this case, I think their rating of Davis at 40th for safety is little generous. If there are 62 starting safeties, a rating of 40 means your below half of them. Actually a bit more than that. Below 64.5% of the starters. Re-read that Ike.

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to correct you and at the same time make my case.

Warmest Regards,

Coach
    Last edited by Coach; 01-05-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Isn’t it coincidental that he hasn’t made any recent commentary on your Oliver thread? Could it be because most prognosticators are still showing Ed being gone well before the 10th pick? Even Walter Football, which he uses the most for draft plagiarism, shows Oliver going 8th.

Wrong again Ike. They have him at 9th, not 8th in their most recent mock draft. Boy, you are on a roll with fake news. Keep in mind players have yet to work out and others to declare. Oliver was overhyped. Draft boards look vastly different from January to April.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019.php

I have already made my case on why Oliver won't be a top ten pick. He's too small and not a sack guy, pushed around at times in college by guys who won't even sniff an NFL camp. I question his competition and think his immaturity might affect his draft stock. Scouts can see all of the above on film, and I broke it down clip by clip in some of his games.

Would you take a 275 pound 3 technique only ( Too small for End in a 4-3 or 3-4 ) in round one who at best had 5.5 sacks in his three seasons of college play and didn't exactly put up those numbers in a power five conference?

If you read Walter Football's comments on Oliver, they said many believe scouts and teams think he's a mid-round pick. Will he go in the top ten, there are some dumb teams. Tim Tebow went in round one. Buffalo, I think needs offensive players to build around Allen.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-05-2019 at 12:34 PM.

A lot has to play out yet before one can determine the route the steelers should go on order of who and what. NO MATTER what the scenari

Salute the nation

We need a DEFENSIVE play maker and hopefully of need in round one or two.
    We do not need DL help as a primary in this draft. We need help at ILB, OLB, CB, and S.

Picking Oliver at #20 for the Steelers would be stupid. Look, Hargrave has more sacks in the NFL this season than Oliver did in a nonpower five conference in his three seasons of college play. Let that sink in for a while...Oliver probably played more snaps on passing downs to rush the passer. He beat Navy and Eastern Carolina for sacks. They are pretty bad teams.

The difference between a center or guard in the AAC vs the NFL is tremendous. Oliver will be facing much better players and giving up about 40 pounds if the Houston staff is right, saying his playing weight was about 275.

We already know he's a nonfactor rushing the passer in college. I think his arms are shorter than average. Oliver will be against the odds in the pro's to anchor, and far less likely beat his man for a sack.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-05-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Coach posts a lot, but it makes this place more fun to read. Whether you agree or disagree with him, it's far better than the posters who are constantly complaining about him.

By the way, if you are going to try to call out coach, at least get your information right. Davis isn't the highest rated player on the Steelers, just the one with the most improved grade and as coach pointed out, the #40 safety in the NFL.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Ike thinks I can't admit I'm wrong, and I prove that quite a bit.

My last major miss was I was a bit concerned about Durpee. I wanted Randy Gregory. Since I don't have access to drug reports or interviews, Gregory had a bad start. However, now that he's clean he had 6 sacks, 15 QB hits, and 2 forced fumbles. for the season...as a back up. He might be better than Durpee in the long run,

Coach's Bible proves he's wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Ike thinks I can't admit I'm wrong, and I prove that quite a bit.

My last major miss was I was a bit concerned about Durpee. I wanted Randy Gregory. Since I don't have access to drug reports or interviews, Gregory had a bad start. However, now that he's clean he had 6 sacks, 15 QB hits, and 2 forced fumbles. for the season...as a back up. He might be better than Durpee in the long run,
    Coach I wanted Bud and pushed hard on this board for hoping we drafted him. I actually do think he played better and with a new LB Coach could be what he needs.
    The last thing we needed was another character with issues on this team with Gregory.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Last edited by steelhurt; 01-05-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Coming from a guy who blasts them, this is rich!

Also, you might want to look at a real link from the source. Like the Pro Football Focus website.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/sean-davis/10692

Davis was rated the 40th safety in the NFL. Your 14th rating is a fantasy and misleading. So he improved a bit from terrible to bad. Press on. Lots of posters on this board can see Davis misses too many tackles ( lead the team in missed tackles ) gave up a lot of big plays and makes too few plays on the ball.

Also as I said before I don't always agree with PFF. In this case, I think their rating of Davis at 40th for safety is little generous. If there are 62 starting safeties, a rating of 40 means your below half of them. Actually a bit more than that. Below 64.5% of the starters. Re-read that Ike.

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to correct you and at the same time make my case.

Warmest Regards,

Coach
    You are right moron. I do blast them because they make up statistics with their own subjective diametric conclusions. Thatís why I choose to disregard their data. Itís called being ironic. Satirical in nature as well, since you use PFF whenever they fit your cause.

As for the link, that was from NFL.com. Free publicity. Itís misleading to you, because you pick and choose to your liking. All I stated was of the 32 players listed in their list, Davis was the 14th highest in improvement. If you donít agree with it, then you donít agree with their findings. Which describes your view perfectly. Oxymoronic.

40th rated safety....by PFF. As indicated, on their metrics, which is subjective and by definition misleading.

No doubt he lead the team in missed tackles. Thatís a true statistic. But compare it to the previous year, tackling was improved by the whole unit. More plays on the ball are needed. Obviously. Rookie SS, new FS absent CB2 and missing their catalyst Shazier all culprits. More playmakers needed. As for giving up big plays....idiotic, the secondary gave up less big plays this year than last year. Blown coverage at inappropriate times were disappointing, but the core is there. A true CB2 and coverage LB/S hybrid would solidify this unit as is.

Blah, blah, blah on your assessments....still no more informative than the novices. Which the majority of us are.

P-38L fan

Wrong again Ike. They have him at 9th, not 8th in their most recent mock draft. Boy, you are on a roll with fake news. Keep in mind players have yet to work out and others to declare. Oliver was overhyped. Draft boards look vastly different from January to April.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019.php

I have already made my case on why Oliver won't be a top ten pick. He's too small and not a sack guy, pushed around at times in college by guys who won't even sniff an NFL camp. I question his competition and think his immaturity might affect his draft stock. Scouts can see all of the above on film, and I broke it down clip by clip in some of his games.

Would you take a 275 pound 3 technique only ( Too small for End in a 4-3 or 3-4 ) in round one who at best had 5.5 sacks in his three seasons of college play and didn't exactly put up those numbers in a power five conference?

If you read Walter Football's comments on Oliver, they said many believe scouts and teams think he's a mid-round pick. Will he go in the top ten, there are some dumb teams. Tim Tebow went in round one. Buffalo, I think needs offensive players to build around Allen.
    Phone typo. Itís still in the top 10. You know, the whole premise of your beef with Coolie on Oliver. You never opined ďdumb teamsĒ with your prognostications with Coolie, in fact you badgered him to no end that he would even be considered until after the 10th pick.

Your view on Oliver......donít care. Because you donít watch games.

P-38L fan

I fully agree with Coach's assessment of Davis.

The guy takes bad angles constantly, which is like the last thing you want from a safety, and he just doesn't get his hands on the ball enough.