Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coach's Bible proves he's wrong

But, remember he once in a blue moon create an interesting topic..on the contributors dime no less.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post
    But, remember he once in a blue moon create an interesting topic..on the contributors dime no less.

At this point, I'm opting out of this thread. Your Davis thread exploded in your face as PFF doesn't think much of him. You were proven to not represent the facts about me. Other posters as saying these anti threads are boring.

I'd rather talk about the playoffs and the draft.

But of course, itís your standard MO. Avoid the question being asked and run away. As for this thread exploding in my face, Uh, yeah....prove me wrong genius, answer the questions posed.

P-38L fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post
    But of course, it’s your standard MO. Avoid the question being asked and run away. As for this thread exploding in my face, Uh, yeah....prove me wrong genius, answer the questions posed.

1 ) Using PFF data to catch my attention only to learn later on PFF ranks Davis in the '40s at safety. As I Said he's a below average starter. 32-33 would be average.

2 ) Your lying by saying I can not admit a mistake. Just don't.

3 ) Others saying these anti coach threads are the worst.

Exploding in your face...one can not prove a Dunning Kreguer type wrong.

Enjoy yourself!

coach's opting out means he's only gonna jerk off TWICE a day to this thread and all the attention.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    1 ) Using PFF data to catch my attention only to learn later on PFF ranks Davis in the '40s at safety. As I Said he's a below average starter. 32-33 would be average.

2 ) Your lying by saying I can not admit a mistake. Just don't.

3 ) Others saying these anti coach threads are the worst.

Exploding in your face...one can not prove a Dunning Kreguer type wrong.

Enjoy yourself!
    No idiot, showing your own rag site disagrees with your evaluations even when you are using their review. You say Davis played worse this year, yet PFF says otherwise with an improvement ranked 14th on their list. I could care less about their rankings as they have been criticized by most all non-NBC related statisticians.

If Iím lying, why wonít you answer the questions you keep avoiding?

And for the record, if you are going to identify your own diagnosis, learn to know how to spell it. Itís Dunning-Kruger and kudos to you for getting your psychological profile correct. Itís also a pure byproduct of your narcissism. Ass.
    P-38L fan

The Following User Likes This Post:

The eye test tells me Sean Davis is simply ok....We need much more than that....Yes, he got better, but man we need an impact player here

Doesn't do enough disrupting, (he did get better), arm tackles too frequently (The 'new" Steeler way), and his angles he takes with his attributes, just seems to always be a tick behind....

Can we get some Ball-Hawks please?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
    The eye test tells me Sean Davis is simply ok....We need much more than that....Yes, he got better, but man we need an impact player here

Doesn't do enough disrupting, (he did get better), arm tackles too frequently (The 'new" Steeler way), and his angles he takes with his attributes, just seems to always be a tick behind....

Can we get some Ball-Hawks please?
    Davis has played 3 positions in three years. Improved each year too. Drafted as a Safety with DB flexibility. As a rookie he started as a CB due to attrition, but was moved to his natural SS position so he could concentrate on one position. He passed up Thomas and then Golden and started alongside Mitchell mid way through. When Cockrell was struggling, Gay then was moved cover up Cockrell's and Burns. With the exception of Mitchell, he led all DBs in tackles in 9 started games and led in all DBs in TFL.

His 2nd year he was a pure SS and started all 16 games. Led the team in tackles and again in TFL for DBs.His PDs went up from 5 to 8 as a SS. This year he started at FS, a position he never have played, but showed he had the range to lower the long gain plays that were a problem for the secondary in 2017. In fact plays gaining >40 were cut in half from last year. He again led the team in total tackles and finished with 7 PDs, He had one less INT than Haden, as did everyone else who had one pick. Davis doesn't have to be an All-pro for the defense to be great. He just needs to be a Ryan Clark in his second year as a Steeler.

No doubt the missed tackles needs cleaned up, but you can say that for 3/4 of the defense, albeit Davis has improved from last year. If Bradley stays, Both Davis and Edmunds will have another full offseason to get in tune with each other and be on the same page with the defense. One thing for sure, I am tired of zone underneath with the DBs, Play man with the safeties floating to make more ball hawk plays rather than hanging back to prevent big plays. Hopefully, getting a couple playmakers will allow this. Either a quick ILB (White or Wilson - doubtful) and rangy corner (Baker) who can run would help. But its all speculation at this point. DL may be into play as well.
    Last edited by Ike Kelly; 01-07-2019 at 08:56 PM.
    P-38L fan