Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bears vs Eagles.

Sounds like me talking about Boz

forget the kicker, best defense in the world cant stop final drive and loses to 4th and goal Golden Tate, defense is so overrated, lol

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    forget the kicker, best defense in the world cant stop final drive and loses to 4th and goal Golden Tate, defense is so overrated, lol
    Yea I was going to mention that......

That last drive when they gave up the TD to lose the lead I felt like I had seen that before lol.

Us Steeler fans know the feeling Bears fans.....We know the feeling......

ha ha, a good offense will always beat a good defense with tired legs, lol

Of course our defense was weak and shaky in the second half of every game, couldnt stop anyone, disappered completely in the 4th, fire the conditioning coach!

Nagy screwed up by calling a deep pass on 3rd down instead of getting the kick a few yards closer. 43 yarder isnít a chip shot. A few yards closer and that kick is good.

They had no timeouts! they couldn't take the chance and get tackled in bounds

No, it was on worlds best defense giving up a 12 play TD scoring drive to lose it. Theatrics at end only added to drama, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I get the humor but there are two stories.

1 ) The iceman, Nick Foles rose to the occasion. Some of those throw late were right on the money.

2 ) Most NFL kickers would have won that game. The Bears kicker sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I get the humor but there are two stories.

1 ) The iceman, Nick Foles rose to the occasion. Some of those throw late were right on the money.

2 ) Most NFL kickers would have won that game. The Bears kicker sucks.
    Not only that, but the Bears only gave up 16 points.....16 fucking points, and you lose the damn game. Last drive be damned, that should’ve been enough for the Bears to win that game.

The Following User Likes This Post:

The FG was tipped at the line. Impossible to say whether or not it had an effect or not, but hopefully the fans will lighten up and not do anything stupid....

Quote Originally Posted by jitter77 View Post
    The FG was tipped at the line. Impossible to say whether or not it had an effect or not, but hopefully the fans will lighten up and not do anything stupid....

Like dump garbage on his lawn.............................CIRCA Maddox.............

Salute the nation

Quote Originally Posted by jitter77 View Post
    That "great" D gave up a TD when it mattered most, fans shouldn't forget that. Not that that kicker doesn't deserve the boot.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

see post #102

Why not blame an anemic Offense too? Parkey accounted for more points on the day than the offense did. He single handedly kept them in the game.

PFT has am article that says Robbie Gould has only missed 3 FG in the 3 years since the bears cut him. Most accurate kicker in NFL in that time. Bears have the worst FG % in that same period.

Ben scores 42 points in a loss to Jax and people bitch about the offense. Chicago gives up 16 points and the offense scores 15 points but the DEFENSE is to blame.. hummmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Ben scores 42 points in a loss to Jax and people bitch about the offense. Chicago gives up 16 points and the offense scores 15 points but the DEFENSE is to blame.. hummmmmm
    Overall the D did good. But when the lead was on the line, at the end they didn't stop them. So they get the blame for contributing to the loss. Blame that is rightfully shared by the inconsistent O and the shaky ST's.

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    Why not blame an anemic Offense too? Parkey accounted for more points on the day than the offense did. He single handedly kept them in the game.
    Exactly three drives lead to FGs
    Donít want your kicker missing game winning kicks punch one of those drives in go 6
    Problem solved!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Overall the D did good. But when the lead was on the line, at the end they didn't stop them. So they get the blame for contributing to the loss. Blame that is rightfully shared by the inconsistent O and the shaky ST's.
    So the offense can go scoreless on as many drives as they want and can even miss the game winning FG but if the defense gives up a drive in the last few minutes they are too blame regardless of how well they have played? Ok....

To be fair -- Ben spotted them a couple of scores. One INT at their own 18 yard line, and one fumble by Ben that resulted in a TD.

So the offense can go scoreless on as many drives as they want and can even miss the game winning FG but if the defense gives up a drive in the last few minutes they are too blame regardless of how well they have played? Ok....
    I gave them shared blame that is fair. I didn't tally up which unit deserved the greater percentage of blame.