Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54

Thread: Top 5 Pick

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Cooper is 7 years younger, cheaper and isn't an asshole. They aren't getting a top 5 for Brown. I think they get a 2nd at best, a 3rd and a 6th at worst, if they even trade him.
    WE WILL GET VALUE.....Believe that!!! Cooper is not on the same planet as Brown...We freaking hold the cards here guys....There will be PLENTY OF SUITORS....

    Let the games begin....,.

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



  2. #42
    Give the Bears someone for Trubinski to throw to in exchange for their #1 pick from last year.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post
    Give the Bears someone for Trubinski to throw to in exchange for their #1 pick from last year.
    Their speedy ILBer R. Smith? I would take that and be happy with it.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  4. #44
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    12,990
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post
    When one of them is Ed Oliver, it is like having 4 DL....


    Hargrave is not known as a pass rusher had more sacks this season than Oliver did in any year in college. Any see a difference in the level of competition here?


    I'd guess Oliver had more rushing opportunities. Houston football broadcasters quote their coaching staff and saying Oliver's he's playing weight is about 275-280 pounds. He won't be able to anchor at this weight vs. NFL Centers and Guards who have 30-40 pounds on him.


    Oliver isn't a 3-4 NT in the pros, not is he a 3-4 end. He's a 4-3 DT only.


    A bad fit, and player with some red flags in terms of being a drama queen.


    I do not want him at all in round one.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Their speedy ILBer R. Smith? I would take that and be happy with it.
    That is the one.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post
    Give the Bears someone for Trubinski to throw to in exchange for their #1 pick from last year.
    It's amazing what an athletic speedy ILB can do for a defense, look at Chicago, Seattle, Indy, SD, and Baltimore

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  7. #47
    Most INtelligent Poster
    CoolieMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Heaven on Earth
    Posts
    7,616
    Rep Power
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Hargrave is not known as a pass rusher had more sacks this season than Oliver did in any year in college. Any see a difference in the level of competition here?


    I'd guess Oliver had more rushing opportunities. Houston football broadcasters quote their coaching staff and saying Oliver's he's playing weight is about 275-280 pounds. He won't be able to anchor at this weight vs. NFL Centers and Guards who have 30-40 pounds on him.


    Oliver isn't a 3-4 NT in the pros, not is he a 3-4 end. He's a 4-3 DT only.


    A bad fit, and player with some red flags in terms of being a drama queen.


    I do not want him at all in round one.
    No shit...no one has ever said he would be a NT in the NFL. As has been stated multiple times, he played NT at UH out of necessity. The coaches liked him there so he could flow to either side following the football.

    and the drama queen bullshit was from one single episode on the sideline...that is not going to concern ANYONE...a half way decent coach would not have made an issue of the situation anyway. One of the multiple reasons Applewhite no longer coaches at UH.

  8. #48
    I'd be asking the 49ers for their 1st, Goodwin and a mid round pick in 2020. If they balk at it, so be it. But if I'm Colbert, I'm not giving away AB.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

  9. #49
    Oh and with that pick I'd look at Devin White

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

  10. #50
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,773
    Rep Power
    0
    Ed oliver switch to 4-3 for 75% of packages

  11. #51
    Member
    Steeler Pride's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    2,271
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
    WE WILL GET VALUE.....Believe that!!! Cooper is not on the same planet as Brown...We freaking hold the cards here guys....There will be PLENTY OF SUITORS....

    Let the games begin....,.
    We don't hold the cards because every team know that we NEED to get rid of Brown. In no way shape or form do the Steelers hold the cards.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

  12. #52
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,773
    Rep Power
    0
    this would be scary
    DE Tuitt
    NG Heyward
    DT Oliver
    DE Hargrave
    SAM Watt
    MLB Williams
    WAM Fort/OLA/rookie
    to bad we let Thomas go.

    much faster Dupree is fast but I don't think he could survive asa 4-3 OLB but would thrive as a DE

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Pride View Post
    We don't hold the cards because every team know that we NEED to get rid of Brown. In no way shape or form do the Steelers hold the cards.
    Depends on want and need. And how many teams show interest. Really hard to tell at this point...

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Pride View Post
    We don't hold the cards because every team know that we NEED to get rid of Brown. In no way shape or form do the Steelers hold the cards.
    Idk, I don't see any reason for Pitt to give him away. He's not in the same situation as LBell. He's under contract, a good contract at that, cap goes up, Ben restructing. If the Steelers goal is to end this madness and make a point, I dont see any reason why they'd give him away.

    Either give them value, or don't. If not then they hold onto him, he refuses to play...fine. He's the one that'll lose his money. I'd start making moves to replace him regardless, but I don't feel the team is in dire need to move him "or else."

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation