Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com2019 NHL Stadium Series Gear Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Pick

Top 5 Pick

Its looking very possible that the Steelers could end up with a top 5 pick in the draft assuming the Jets or 49ers are interested in AB. Obviously if this happens well need a WR, but do we use that pick and get someone like AJ Brown or do we take a stud defender?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Stud defender.

Sent from my H3223 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Good JuJu

This would be the worst year ever to have a top 5 pick. We need to be top 5 when there are actually good QBs coming out.
    RIP CK

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Ben is being extended. This is now and we need a D stud.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfan81 View Post
    This would be the worst year ever to have a top 5 pick. We need to be top 5 when there are actually good QBs coming out.
    I agree, if we get a top 5, I would trade down for additional picks. Plenty of good WR, DB, and LB available in later 1 and round 2.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

I think well be able to get AJ Brown or NKeal Harry with our pick. Wouldnt mind scooping that pass rusher from Kentucky if we are in the top 5

Yeah Im thinking best defender available with the first pick and best receiver available at 20. If it pans out the both are good starters, we could come out of this a better team and a contender for 2-3 years with Ben sticking around...

Best defender, we have to win now. I'll worry about a QB later. We need athletic guys on our defense.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Most INtelligent Poster

won't happen...still don't think AB is traded

but there is only one choice if they end up in the top 5.....

Ed Oliver......

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    won't happen...still don't think AB is traded

but there is only one choice if they end up in the top 5.....

Ed Oliver......
    Yeah and then Tomlin would do his amazing defensive scheme with 2 Dlinemen, and he'd play 33% of the snaps or less like Hargrave did

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Yeah and then Tomlin would do his amazing defensive scheme with 2 Dlinemen, and he'd play 33% of the snaps or less like Hargrave did

2 DL is the stupidest fucking thing ever

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Ben is being extended. This is now and we need a D stud.

Why, so he can have 4 years to "learn the system"?

Forget defense, we arent one or two guys away from having a good D, get us another # 1 WR or RB, somebody Ben can use right away

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    2 DL is the stupidest fucking thing ever
    Could you imagine a line of Cam, Oliver, Hargrave, Tuitt, with Watt playing all over the place, add an athletic ILB to that.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

I dont believe they will get a top five pick. From Kordell Stewart to today. The Steelers always get a fraction of what we think they should. Only other teams shit sells. As good as AB is as a player his value really drops with this mess. I think if anyone is seriously interested it will be mid round where he could put a team over.p

A top 5 for AB? LOL. Not happening. Hell, I don't think they will even get a first. No one wants that headache, talented as that headache is.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    A top 5 for AB? LOL. Not happening. Hell, I don't think they will even get a first. No one wants that headache, talented as that headache is.
    Dallas gave up a 1 for Cooper, and Brown will be a bargain for another team, they don't have to worry about his signing bonus being a salary cap hit. Cleveland cut a LB that is facing 25 years in prison and he was picked up the next day, there will be enough teams interested in AB to get a decent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by steeltruckin View Post
    Dallas gave up a 1 for Cooper, and Brown will be a bargain for another team, they don't have to worry about his signing bonus being a salary cap hit. Cleveland cut a LB that is facing 25 years in prison and he was picked up the next day, there will be enough teams interested in AB to get a decent deal.

Cooper is 7 years younger, cheaper and isn't an asshole. They aren't getting a top 5 for Brown. I think they get a 2nd at best, a 3rd and a 6th at worst, if they even trade him.

I don't think AB will be going anywhere either. I think the Cooper deal will actually help ABs value. Dallas was terrible before Cooper. Once they got him they went on a tear. AB is also better than Cooper and still has 3-4 yrs left. I would not be shocked if someone gave up a first. The team i worry about is the Pats. They gave away Cooks and are in desperate need of a WR. I think AB would behave up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    That sounds like your personal thoughts projecting to everyone else. His production is second to none. Hes not just a great WR - hes THE BEST WR. And he is not slowing down for at least 4-5 years which is an entire long term contract. A top 5 pick is absolutely not out of the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by AggieSteel View Post
    That sounds like your personal thoughts projecting to everyone else. His production is second to none. He’s not just a great WR - he’s THE BEST WR. And he is not slowing down for at least 4-5 years which is an entire long term contract. A top 5 pick is absolutely not out of the realm of possibility.

It is my personal opinion, but I am not sure where you get that I am projecting. I am certainly disagreeing. Look, I just don't think a team gives up a top 5 pick. I don't think I have written anywhere that he isn't talented, and whether or not he is the best WR is a matter of debate. In my opinion he is, but there are guys out there that most would think are every bit as good if not better than AB.

I think AB is worth a #1 and more. I just don't think another team is going to give that kind of draft capital away on a guy that quit on his team. He's one little spat with a teammate from quitting on his next team, especially if the QB sucks and can't get him the ball. Teams that are picking in the top 5 are picking there for a reason. They have needs, and those needs aren't necessarily a malcontent WR, regardless of how great he is.

If the Steelers can get a top 5 pick for AB, more power to them. I don't think they can, and I am not 100% certain they can get a first. I think most people are just a little overly excited over AB sending emoji's to George Kittle over Instagram or twitter or whatever. I know the Niners pick in the top 5, 2nd or 3rd, so I get it. I just think folks might be setting themselves up for disappointment if a top 5 pick or even a 1st rounder doesn't come to pass.