Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com2019 NHL Stadium Series Gear Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing Munch will be our biggest mistake to date

Losing Munch will be our biggest mistake to date

Munchack is by far the best coach that the Pittsburgh Steelers currently employ. He's turned an abysmal offensive line into one of the best if not the best in the NFL. The players respect him and players like Ben and Al say he's a special coach and don't want to lose him. At Tennessee he was only fired after a short stint 3 years because he refused to fire assistant coaches. Although not a winning record while there, look at the QB's he had. Jake Locker for one.

If I were Art II I would reach out to Munch, gauge his interest in staying and becoming our 4th head coach in 50 years and if so he is promoted to that position. Now what to do with the current coach Mike Tomlin? Gauge the interest with the 8 vacancies and try and trade him for the best offer possible which saves from firing the coach who has never had a losing season but has a terrible playoff record and has clearly lost this team. If no takers, then you terminate him. Its a business when it comes to the players like Troy, Ike, Harrison when it was time so now its time to fix this mess so nothing personal coach, we want to go in another direction.

Munch could instill life back into this team, along with respect,integrity and accountability which we're not getting and are the laughing stock of the league. He would most definitely have his offensive lineman and his QB as his biggest supporters and the rest would fall into place. I know this will not happen but I'm telling you this will be a huge loss, missed opportunity to fix this mess, and a huge win for Denver.
    Last edited by steelhurt; 01-07-2019 at 04:31 PM.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Maybe Mike Munchak has other aspirations.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Seriously?
    Replace bitches Bell & Brown & let's ball...

Quote Originally Posted by bigtwnvin View Post
    Maybe Mike Munchak has other aspirations.
    We'll never know but if the offer to coach the Steelers and fix this vs the offer to coach the Broncos with much less talent, Munch takes the Steelers. Of course the Steelers won't offer him the head coach job so yeah he does have other aspirations namely the Denver Broncos. I'm just speculating and throwing it out there but I do know how the Rooneys' do business.

Art is ignoring the writing on the wall. Fans and media are calling for Tomlin’s head and his assistant is one of the hottest head coaching candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    Art is ignoring the writing on the wall. Fans and media are calling for Tomlin’s head and his assistant is one of the hottest head coaching candidates.

Maybe the assistant sees what the HC is doing and wants outA there.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Well, one things for sure,Munch is not a disciple of the Tomlin coaching tree. Joey Porter is, hahahaha!

Munch forgot more about football than Tomlin will ever know.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

They can't stop him from taking a HC job, their mistake is keeping coach FAKE PUNT instead of firing him and promoting Munchak

Instead we lose a sacrificial lamb and Danny boy still has a job
    Last edited by Spike; 01-07-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhurt View Post
    Well, one things for sure,Munch is not a disciple of the Tomlin coaching tree. Joey Porter is, hahahaha!

Munch forgot more about football than Tomlin will ever know.

I don't want to make it sound as if though Coach Tomlin doesn't know anything about football because he actually does. It's his management style and in-game decisions that kill us. Munch wasn't a very winning head coach and seemed to find his nitch at OL coach. NOT sure how he will do as HC if he goes to Denver but can't blame him at all for trying.

Salute the nation

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    They can't stop him from taking a HC job, their mistake is keeping Tomlin instead of firing FAKE PUNT and promoting Munchak

I hear what you are saying Spike but I'm for a totally new coach and not a from within promotion. I realize that would disrupt a lot and maybe Munch promoted would keep things near enough for not to big of change as to our short window of contending.

Salute the nation

Munch has turned down a HC interview with Miami per PFT

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Seems like it might be Denver or Pitt for Munch

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Normally I would consider Denver a great job, but with Elway running the show out there, I'm not sure how long it'll be before they're serious contenders. If he wasn't John Elway, he would've already been fired.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    Normally I would consider Denver a great job, but with Elway running the show out there, I'm not sure how long it'll be before they're serious contenders. If he wasn't John Elway, he would've already been fired.
    His daughter and grandkid live in Denver. That's the only thing that's got me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyguru View Post
    His daughter and grandkid live in Denver. That's the only thing that's got me nervous.
    If he is offered that job I think he takes it.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

He turned down the interview offer in Miami, sounds like Denver

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    Maybe the assistant sees what the HC is doing and wants outA there.

Salute the nation
    The assistant HAS BEEN SEEING and perhaps has had enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    I don't want to make it sound as if though Coach Tomlin doesn't know anything about football because he actually does. It's his management style and in-game decisions that kill us. Munch wasn't a very winning head coach and seemed to find his nitch at OL coach. NOT sure how he will do as HC if he goes to Denver but can't blame him at all for trying.

Salute the nation
    Mike Munchak never had the luxury of a franchise QB during his tenure as a HC.
    That said he won't in Denver as their QB is "developing" although good enough to beat the Steelers! LOL

Blog Entries
    Art2 didn't exactly follow the Rooney way with Cowher. He interjected himself on multiple occasions.

1) Jason Gilldon signed to a ridiculous FA contract. Gildon was as good as gone to Houston when Art2 interceded.

2) Publicly criticizing the teams failure in the playoffs.

3) Not extending Cowher after 2004 season (Steelers typically extend coaches going into the final 2 years of his contract.) Cowher went 15-1 in 2004 (Most season wins ever)) lost in AFCC with rookie QB to a team that illegally filmed them earlier in the year.

Has Art2 held his coach (Tomlin) to the same standard that he did Cowher?

Or is he more like Ron Cook.

Blog Entries
    The Steelers have had great success with an OL coach who became Head Coach in the past.

Chuck Noll.

He taught the game.

Based on what we hear from our OL now, that is exactly what Munchak does.

He should be Assistant HC. That may be enough for now.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post: