Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Losing Munch will be our biggest mistake to date

Remember this... Munch left his HC position more or less because the front office was meddling too much... he was respected there too...

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Can we trade Shades to Denver for a 4th round pick and promote Munch?
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    Chuck Noll drafted Mark Nalone and Bubby Brister
    And a bunch of Hall of Famers.

im hearing denver may go with the defensive guy over munch.

We've heard part of why he took the steelers job was to be closer to home. If that's true, he may be interested in the Jets if they interview him. Munch is from Scranton so NYC would be closer to home for him than even Pittsburgh.

Munch isn't a Jets type hire. He's respected but he's not a splash and the Jets always go for splash to compete with Giants for headlines. I'm hearing Jets might go for Mike McCarthy who would be a big name. I've also heard Baylor coach Matt Ruhle. That would be a splash just because it's so out of left field.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Munch would be a huge loss, but Iíve heard a lot of good things about Sarrett like heís essentially another Munch who could step right in. A lot of continuity there with many of the same players. Canít imagine the drop off will be as big as it might seem

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    Chuck Noll drafted Mark Nalone and Bubby Brister
    Malone was a very good QB but tore up his knee early on, missed a whole season, and was never the same player after. Bubby was decent enough and got a SB ring before Cowher did. Merrill Hoge loved playing with Bubby and said he drew his plays in the dirt with a stick.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by AggieSteel View Post
    Munch would be a huge loss, but I’ve heard a lot of good things about Sarrett like he’s essentially another Munch who could step right in. A lot of continuity there with many of the same players. Can’t imagine the drop off will be as big as it might seem

Incorrect. It will be a nightmare of epic proportions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Malone was a very good QB but tore up his knee early on, missed a whole season, and was never the same player after. Bubby was decent enough and got a SB ring before Cowher did. Merrill Hoge loved playing with Bubby and said he drew his plays in the dirt with a stick.

Malone also held the LONGEST TD pass reception of the STEELERS for a long time.................................

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

US Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cras108er View Post
    The Steelers have a head coach - who has a MUCH better track record as a head coach than Munch. In case you werenít aware he is the 2nd winningest coach among active coaches and has the fourth best winning record in NFL history.
    No, we weren't aware that Tomlin "has the fourth best winning record in NFL history."

Because he doesn't.

We are but a moment's sunlight
    Fading in the grass

-- Chet Powers

US Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Can we trade Shades to Denver for a 4th round pick and promote Munch?
    Only in our dreams, Ron. Think AB would straighten up under Munchak?

I do.

Fading in the grass

-- Chet Powers

Dramaville...

Quote Originally Posted by topseed View Post
    No, we weren't aware that Tomlin "has the fourth best winning record in NFL history."

Because he doesn't.
    Nope, just 3rd most wins all time for a coach after 12 seasons. Behind only Shula and Dungy...

US Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Nope, just 3rd most wins all time for a coach after 12 seasons. Behind only Shula and Dungy...
    Or just two less playoff wins and a worse winning percentage (8-7) than Mike McCarthy (10-8), who started the same year, and just got fired earlier this season.

Or the same number of playoff wins and a worse winning percentage over the last EIGHT years (3-5) than Ron Rivera (3-4), who coincidentally also saw his team piss away a playoff berth with a late-season collapse, and is on the hot seat in Carolina.

We can play this game all night, slick.
    Last edited by topseed; 01-09-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Fading in the grass

-- Chet Powers

Just curious.....what was Cowherís playoff record minus the SB XL run?

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post
    Just curious.....what was Cowherís playoff record minus the SB XL run?

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Not sure, but he had Ben for 3 seasons, and made 2AFCCG's, Tomlin has had Ben 12 seasons and has made 3 AFCCG'S.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by topseed View Post

Because he doesn't.
    Through his first twelve seasons he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Not sure, but he had Ben for 3 seasons, and made 2AFCCG's, Tomlin has had Ben 12 seasons and has made 3 AFCCG'S.

He had one of the best defenses in the league, at a time when defenses actually won championships. Tomlin has not had that benefit. We can do this all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post

He had one of the best defenses in the league, at a time when defenses actually won championships. Tomlin has not had that benefit. We can do this all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cras108er View Post

I tire of this back n forth Cowher/Tomlin crap.

Regardless crash I know you are pro-Tomlin and your view points will always center around that.

But you are reaching on this D stance. As talent is a part of the HC decision making. Tomlin has had every benefit that the rest of the 31 teams have to win or lose. And his teams year after year under-perform. Shitty decision making in every box capable of being checked off.

That is what matters the NOW. And his now is painful to watch year to year.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    His record turns to shit once he hits the playoffs though. We joke about the Pats***** feasting on a weak division but ours isn't a lot tougher. The Browns have been dogshit since he's been here and the Bungles manage to beat themselves more often than not.