Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin doesn't renew James Saxon RB coach's contract

Tomlin doesn't renew James Saxon RB coach's contract

Tomlin statement on Saxon
    Coach Mike Tomlin's statement on James Saxon:

I have made the decision to not renew the contract for running backs coach James Saxon. We would like to thank James for his efforts over the past five years, and we wish him the best in his future coaching endeavors.
    Little odd to me....
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Unless they found out that he was the one who stole Juju's bike, this make no sense to me. This organization has really gone to sh*t.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Dafuq

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

This idiot doesn't even know who to fire. What about Butler and Danny Boy Smith Coach Tomlin?

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by coolshark View Post
    Unless they found out that he was the one who stole Juju's bike, this make no sense to me. This organization has really gone to sh*t.
    I saw that the run game was rated 31st. But I think Bell, Conner's injury, and Jaysam being raw at the position all contributed.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

I suppose Saxon told LevBell to hold out and kicked James Conner in the ankle. Left with a rookie and a broken down fumbler like Ridley and did I mention that James Conner was elected to the pro bowl. Tomlin, what a putz!

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    I saw that the run game was rated 31st. But I think Bell, Conner's injury, and Jaysam being raw at the position all contributed.

That and Cool (nuts) Shades abandoning the run. Also Conner out a few games didn't help either. What ranking was the run game when thewy were 7-2-1 ???? What caused the slide.........????

What was the ranking of Special Teams at 7-2-1................. did they improve or slide by end of year................................Is Danny Smith still making wages paid by the STEELERS....???????

Salute the nation

Makes perfect sense to me. We don't need no RB coach.

5 wide, bitches.......

Not exactly the coaching moves I’m sure everyone has been looking forward to but I guess it’s going to be a really long offseason. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Atlsteelers View Post
    Not exactly the coaching moves I’m sure everyone has been looking forward to but I guess it’s going to be a really long offseason. Sigh...
    March 13-18 needs to be marked on calendar, it's when we find out about AB staying or going.................

Salute the nation

3 threads already on this no name fucker? Lolololol

Is he the one leaking all the info out into the public?? Only reason I can think for him being fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when they retain coaches they are idiots and when they fire coaches they are idiots?

Quote Originally Posted by mdk2 View Post
    Is he the one leaking all the info out into the public?? Only reason I can think for him being fired.

Interesting thought but I guess we will never know.

Definitely odd when the D coaches are still there. Did anyone watch the Beagles make shift secondary? We need coaches like that who can pull anyone off the street and have them play, at least, respectable, if not very good.

I was pissed watching our D gloat about being 6th in the league but wished they made the playoffs. 6th means nothing. The D, sucked when it mattered most. In 4 games, they gave up a long drive to lose. Stop any one of those drives and we are in the playoffs. Our D still sucked.

But, since Tomlin runs the D and has since LeBeau left, nothing will happen there unless he is fired or Rooney forces him to make Butler the scapegoat.

Tomlin doesn't renew James Saxon RB coach's contract

On Steelers radio, the guys said this could be AR2 moves. Heís getting rid of good buddies of Tomlin and making it more uncomfortable for him.

We don't know what these coaches do each week. The RBs have been productive but that's more a product of the OL. We have also seen RBs struggle with blitz pickup and some fumble issues.

A good staff has multiple coaches that can breakdown film and help gameplan. I have a feeling the steelers don't have many that can do that.

This could also be related to Munchak possibly leaving. With Munch, you could get by with a lesser RB coach. Without him, they could be looking for a guy who can help gameplan.

Quote Originally Posted by mdk2 View Post
    On Steelers radio, the guys said this could be AR2 moves. He’s getting rid of good buddies of Tomlin and making it more uncomfortable for him.

I thought Tomlin said he made the decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I thought Tomlin said he made the decision?
    I donít know, I just see those statements as generic. Basically read the same as the Porter statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    3 threads already on this no name fucker? Lolololol
    Hay Spike, can you imagine if Butler gets booted how many threads. Or better yet when the day comes that Tomlin gets shown the street. This board will blow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app