Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Saxon Reportedly fired by Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    Position coaches are tough to judge. Saxon has worked with Larry Johnson, Peterson, Bell, Conner, etc. No doubt an impressive list. How much was a product of his coaching and how much was a product of the offensive line or simply being a one-of-a-kind athlete? I agree, though. Weird move on the surface.
    Yeah, head-scratcher for sure. My old man calls Danny Smith "Chewy" because of that big ass wad of gum in his mouth all the time. Must be at least an entire pack in there. Anyways, wouldn't mind seeing him go next.
    Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups - Nietzsche

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post
    Heard on Sirius that position coaches are assessed their exit interviews first, then the coordinators. So, coords will be later this week.

I actually thought TOMLIN said something to that degree in his presser. Either way It appears that's the order happening and I bet we do see a different DC. Weather by TOMLIN or by ownership demand, it needs to happen along with the "KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OR YOU ARE NEXT" conversation to CMVLT.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Heard on Sirius that position coaches are assessed their exit interviews first, then the coordinators. So, coords will be later this week.
    Any chance Tomlinís final exit interview is a week after the coordinators :).

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Out of smoke! Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. He has won a playoff game in just 4 of his 12 seasons, and most of those came early.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

I posted this over the weekend, look at the past dates that we've fired OCs or DC, it's usually around the middle of the month

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    I posted this over the weekend, look at the past dates that we've fired OCs or DC, it's usually around the middle of the month

Thanks Tom, I figured it would be earlier this year since no playoffs.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

Thanks Tom, I figured it would be earlier this year since no playoffs.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Yeah me too.

The only thing that stands out negatively in the RB group has been fumbles. Unless the attitude of Bell also factored in...?

FNG

Dale at dk floated a comment that scuttle is Saxon may not have wanted to come back. Just scuttle so keep that in mind. If true, makes you wonder why.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Feels like part of a gesture that will not improve the team. Surprised the waterboy made the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Dale at dk floated a comment that scuttle is Saxon may not have wanted to come back. Just scuttle so keep that in mind. If true, makes you wonder why.

That would be a pretty shady move by the Steelers to word it like that instead of saying he decided to not return to the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelhurt View Post
    Just heard on 93.7 The Fan that RB Coach James Saxon fired. Didn't see that one coming.
    Super Bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesDavenport View Post
    Feels like part of a gesture that will not improve the team. Surprised the waterboy made the cut.
    Still early.

Saxon's contract "will not be renewed".
    Cute and convenient.
    Surprising considering in the absence of Me'Veon, Connor and Samuels' put up respectable numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post

He probably had his eye on the Offensive coordinator position? Fiectner got it.. So,,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by antdrewjosh View Post
    No one is defending Tomlin here he can go fuck himself with rest of his team as far im concerned

Saxon may have been critical of the Me'Veon handling and the wrong person took exception to it?
    Usually when you condemn or criticize a boss it doesn't work out well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtwnvin View Post
    Saxon may have been critical of the Me'Veon handling and the wrong person took exception to it?
    That is one theory, could have been many of.

I would love to hear why Tommy Tom wanted to go in another direction. Chances are we will never know. I will dig around in training camp to see if I get lucky and stumble onto something...
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Then there's this?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spor...127536844/Amp/