Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 153

Thread: Bama vs Clemson Part Whatever

  1. #121
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    1,289
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    Bama fans shouldn't feel bad. This just means they will start next year at #2
    If they play again next year I aint watching......

  2. #122
    Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    2,151
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    I watched the All-American high school game Saturday and top recruit after top recruit announced they picked Bama. I wonder how many of them are second guessing themselves? It is what it is. Winning might be everything to those kids but now theyíre realizing itís not guaranteed. Wouldnít be surprised at all if some of them bail on Bama.
    As much as I hate Saban, the way he coaches these kids, the expectations for perfection, and their annual performance will keep Bama in the mix for a National Championship for a long time coming. Plus, Saban routinely puts multiple players into the NFL, that is probably as important if not more important than winning a national championship.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  3. #123
    Final Power 5 bowl records:
    ACC 6-5
    B1G 5-4
    Big 12 4-3
    SEC 6-6
    Pac 12 3-4

    no clear cut winner like last year

  4. #124
    Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    2,151
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by rpollock View Post
    Final Power 5 bowl records:
    ACC 6-5
    B1G 5-4
    Big 12 4-3
    SEC 6-6
    Pac 12 3-4

    no clear cut winner like last year
    Bowl results are meaningless, pretty much any bowl except the playoffs are meaningless and does not take into account teams that have starters sit out to stay healthy/prepare for the combine.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  5. #125
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    North Palm Beach,Fl
    Posts
    2,109
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Pride View Post
    Bowl results are meaningless, pretty much any bowl except the playoffs are meaningless and does not take into account teams that have starters sit out to stay healthy/prepare for the combine.
    Yup all that matters at the end
    ACC 1-0
    SEC 0-1


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

  6. #126
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    12,038
    Rep Power
    294
    Roll tide, the cheerleaders say. There is a joke in there somewhere.

  7. #127
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    12,038
    Rep Power
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post


    If Clemson's freshman Qb can win this game, he's the chosen one.

    Lawerence 22-32 347 yards 3 TD's, 0 Int vs. Alabama's defense as a freshman. What else is there to say? Lawerence could declare for the 2019 draft and he'd be top 3 pick. Someone would trade up for him. Looks like a once in a 10 year type of quarterback prospect.

    I doubt he'll declare for the draft. One more year of college ball.

  8. #128
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    12,038
    Rep Power
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by rpollock View Post
    Final Power 5 bowl records:
    ACC 6-5
    B1G 5-4
    Big 12 4-3
    SEC 6-6
    Pac 12 3-4

    no clear cut winner like last year
    Good teams play each other. The final rankings I think tell us more about who had the best teams.

  9. #129

    Bama vs Clemson Part Whatever

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Lawerence 22-32 347 yards 3 TD's, 0 Int vs. Alabama's defense as a freshman. What else is there to say? Lawerence could declare for the 2019 draft and he'd be top 3 pick. Someone would trade up for him. Looks like a once in a 10 year type of quarterback prospect.

    I doubt he'll declare for the draft. One more year of college ball.
    He has to play at least 2 more seasons. 3 years out of high school is the rule.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #130
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    North Palm Beach,Fl
    Posts
    2,109
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Lawerence 22-32 347 yards 3 TD's, 0 Int vs. Alabama's defense as a freshman. What else is there to say? Lawerence could declare for the 2019 draft and he'd be top 3 pick. Someone would trade up for him. Looks like a once in a 10 year type of quarterback prospect.

    I doubt he'll declare for the draft. One more year of college ball.
    Slow your roll there skippy,
    Didnít they say same thing about Tua last year?
    A lot can change between now and when heís drafted


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Charlie View Post
    Am I the only one that finds it creepy that Spike is drooling over possibly teenage girls?

    Bwahahaha, college girls scare u? These hos look like they're 30, all rode hard and put away wet

  12. #132
    Member Tim Steelersfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,319
    Rep Power
    189
    Recruiting is an issue for Saban now. Heard this morning that Saban's getting players plucked from recruiting grounds he once owned. Kirby Smart's been picking him off. And Justyn Ross, who made all those dynamic catches, was from Alabama, went to Central Alabama high school. Waited till the last day to commit, deciding Bama v Clemson and chose Clemson. There's a bit of a changing of the guard going on in recruiting they were saying.

    We will see.
    "White, Christian, right-wing America is not real America." - Tibs

    "Iíve handled LR .22 bullets, I also shot a semi-automatic 30-30." - Trogolodyte

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Lawerence 22-32 347 yards 3 TD's, 0 Int vs. Alabama's defense as a freshman. What else is there to say? Lawerence could declare for the 2019 draft and he'd be top 3 pick. Someone would trade up for him. Looks like a once in a 10 year type of quarterback prospect.

    I doubt he'll declare for the draft. One more year of college ball.
    Doesnít a player have to be either 21 or completed three years of college to be eligible for the NFL draft?

  14. #134
    His soul is full of hate.


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,977
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    163
    Clemson played a tremendous game. Congratulations on this years CFB National Champions.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Steelersfan View Post
    Recruiting is an issue for Saban now. Heard this morning that Saban's getting players plucked from recruiting grounds he once owned. Kirby Smart's been picking him off. And Justyn Ross, who made all those dynamic catches, was from Alabama, went to Central Alabama high school. Waited till the last day to commit, deciding Bama v Clemson and chose Clemson. There's a bit of a changing of the guard going on in recruiting they were saying.

    We will see.
    If I was a blue chip, I’d be hesitant to pick Bama for no other reason than likely getting buried on the depth chart for two or three years. But I don’t suppose those kids think that way. It’s gotta be difficult to deal with going from All-Everything to standing on the sideline.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    Doesn’t a player have to be either 21 or completed three years of college to be eligible for the NFL draft?
    There is no age limit. The rule is simply 3 years after high school which generally means after their junior or redshirt sophomore year. Technically if a guy sat out 2 years and went backpacking through Europe then played 1 year, he'd be draft eligible.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    If I was a blue chip, I’d be hesitant to pick Bama for no other reason than likely getting buried on the depth chart for two or three years. But I don’t suppose those kids think that way. It’s gotta be difficult to deal with going from All-Everything to standing on the sideline.
    That's why Bama actively encourages kids to leave early. The sales pitch is you may be 3rd string as a freshman but that starter is only staying 3 years so you will get playing time as a soph then probably start as a junior, then go to NFL yourself.

  18. #138
    Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Southern Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,114
    Rep Power
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    There is never any hype for the National Championship game. It's hard to get pumped for college football after New Year's Day and especially after the NFL playoffs start. If they play it last week, it'd dominate sports talk or at least enough to get a majority of the attention.

    Alabama and Clemson are pretty far ahead of everyone else with Ohio State/Oklahoma next and then Georgiabefore there's another drop off. Clemson has a terrific defense and a very good young quarterback. They won't spot Bama 28 points like OU did. I'll be rooting for Clemson, but really don't care who wins.
    Totally agree. I forgot the game was last night.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Totally agree. I forgot the game was last night.
    I would expand the playoffs with all conference championships decided well before Thanksgiving and then have the first playoff games Thanksgiving weekend and the Championship game the last game on New Years Day.

    College basketball has March Madness, College Football would have Holiday Madness. It would eventually become another holiday tradition.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by mdk2 View Post
    He has to play at least 2 more seasons. 3 years out of high school is the rule.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    Doesn’t a player have to be either 21 or completed three years of college to be eligible for the NFL draft?
    Even I gave Coach the benefit of the doubt on this and read his comment to mean IF he could declare and did and that Coach knows this.

    However, I don't think the rule has anything to do with having played in college, I think it is just 3 years out of high school. Theoretically, he could drop out of college now and declare for the draft in 2 years. Obviously, not optimal as he would want to show this year wasn't a fluke.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation