Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bama vs Clemson Part Whatever

Bama vs Clemson Part Whatever

I have heard very little hype about this game. Even watching NFL on ABC, I didn't see many commercials for it. And today on radio, the hot topics were NFL and this game seems an afterthought. Was it because the NFL wildcard games were so good or are people just burned out on Bama and Clemson?

Having watched the bowls, I personally think Ohio State is the best team this year, but whatever.

Clemson is missing their best defensive player at DT. It didn't hurt them vs Notre Dame but Bama's offense is much better than ND.

I know it's sacrilege to say but Bama didn't play that tough of a schedule. Georgia and Oklahoma were really the only decent passing games they faced and they both had a lot of success.

Oklahoma defense is a joke so Bama scored very easily. It will be much tougher vs Clemson.

Clemson likewise has not faced a defense as good as Bama, but ND's defense is pretty good. They are disciplined.

Bama is a bully defense. They play tight coverage and bring heat. It cracks most college QBs. It overwhelmed Murray for the first quarter until he got used to it. Same with DeSean Watson in his first meeting vs Bama.

If Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence gets off to a slow start, that could be the difference.

I think the key is the Clemson WRs beating that press. Lawrence was actually better under pressure this year than he was when defense dropped 7 in coverage. He knows where to go with the ball.

Will Bama back off a bit and bait him?

I'm not sure who will win because I don't think either of them were challenged much by their schedules this year. Bama was outplayed by Georgia, and even Oklahoma hung with them after their horrible start.

Bama has had some tough games, Clemson really hasn't. But the Clemson DL even without Lawrence could really hurt Bama,

I'm leaning to a Clemson win because of their defense and QB. No matter what, it should be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    I have heard very little hype about this game. Even watching NFL on ABC, I didn't see many commercials for it. And today on radio, the hot topics were NFL and this game seems an afterthought. Was it because the NFL wildcard games were so good or are people just burned out on Bama and Clemson?

Having watched the bowls, I personally think Ohio State is the best team this year, but whatever.

Clemson is missing their best defensive player at DT. It didn't hurt them vs Notre Dame but Bama's offense is much better than ND.

I know it's sacrilege to say but Bama didn't play that tough of a schedule. Georgia and Oklahoma were really the only decent passing games they faced and they both had a lot of success.

Oklahoma defense is a joke so Bama scored very easily. It will be much tougher vs Clemson.

Clemson likewise has not faced a defense as good as Bama, but ND's defense is pretty good. They are disciplined.

Bama is a bully defense. They play tight coverage and bring heat. It cracks most college QBs. It overwhelmed Murray for the first quarter until he got used to it. Same with DeSean Watson in his first meeting vs Bama.

If Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence gets off to a slow start, that could be the difference.

I think the key is the Clemson WRs beating that press. Lawrence was actually better under pressure this year than he was when defense dropped 7 in coverage. He knows where to go with the ball.

Will Bama back off a bit and bait him?

I'm not sure who will win because I don't think either of them were challenged much by their schedules this year. Bama was outplayed by Georgia, and even Oklahoma hung with them after their horrible start.

Bama has had some tough games, Clemson really hasn't. But the Clemson DL even without Lawrence could really hurt Bama,

I'm leaning to a Clemson win because of their defense and QB. No matter what, it should be a good game.

The NFL has done a good job keeping the commissioners face out of the limelight, and when you see him he's handing out game tickets and interacting with the fans like he's Santa claus.

With the take a knee business off the air ratings in the NFL have gone up. Focus is back on the action.

If Clemson's freshman Qb can win this game, he's the chosen one.
    Out of smoke! Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. He has won a playoff game in just 4 of his 12 seasons, and most of those came early.

Of course you think a big 10 team that got beat by 30 points to fucking Purdue (who lost to Auburn by 50) and barely won a bowl game by 5 vs.Washington is the best team. Makes perfect sense to select them over an undefeated Clemson who destroyed ND or a Bama team that beat the Heisman winner and both undefeated... wow just wow.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

There is never any hype for the National Championship game. It's hard to get pumped for college football after New Year's Day and especially after the NFL playoffs start. If they play it last week, it'd dominate sports talk or at least enough to get a majority of the attention.

Alabama and Clemson are pretty far ahead of everyone else with Ohio State/Oklahoma next and then Georgiabefore there's another drop off. Clemson has a terrific defense and a very good young quarterback. They won't spot Bama 28 points like OU did. I'll be rooting for Clemson, but really don't care who wins.

The Following User Likes This Post:

JMM

ROLL TIDE

Broken record. Tape hating on the SEC. lol
    The above post may contain a large amount of sarcasm.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    ROLL TIDE

Well, when you put it that way!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

The bowl games were a big let-down this year. Too many kids opting out has made the college bowl season a bore, sucks. Don't know that there's an answer really. In talking to friends Saturday night they all agreed F the colleges, they make enough money on the talent and free degrees. While I get it, I still think you go out and represent, and I'd like to see the percentage of kids who have an injury reduce their draft status. Bet it's low.

To your point Tape I don't agree OSU was better than the rest. The 2 best teams play tonight. How does Saban get these kids up to play in this big of a game after looking like an nfl team vs. high schools all season? I think that has as much to do with the lack of interest as all the other variables. Sweeney has a blue print on how to play Bama in the SEC championship tape. Georgia was better that day but last second heroics stole the show. If Clemson's D holds up enough to stem the early onslaught and stay close, they can win it down the stretch. If Bama pulls away quick, game over.

I'm really watching this Clemson QB. I've seen enough Tua but outside the muddhole Clemson stomped in Pitt in the ACC championship, I've not seen much of Trevor Lawrence. Go kid. Go Tigers.

Blog Entries
    Go girls!
    For long you live and high you fly
    but only if you ride the tide

If either one of these starting QBs ends up in b&g I'll be a happy man

Quote Originally Posted by AggieSteel View Post
    If either one of these starting QBs ends up in b&g I'll be a happy man
    With Ben extending soon I doubt it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    ROLL TIDE

Am I the only one that finds it creepy that Spike is drooling over possibly teenage girls?

Oh and go tigers sorry berm

Tide rolled....Pick 6 for Clemson!

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Charlie View Post
    Am I the only one that finds it creepy that Spike is drooling over possibly teenage girls?

I think college cheerleaders are all of age. Not that I don't prefer at least into the mid twenties..

MTC

Quote Originally Posted by str8liner View Post
    Tide rolled....Pick 6 for Clemson!
    Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Charlie View Post

They’re adults. I mean I prefer my own age personally but come on

And WOW @ that throw and catch by Tua and Jeudy.. these guys are unreal. What a way to come back from that ugly pick 6

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    I think college cheerleaders are all of age. Not that I don't prefer at least into the mid twenties..

Some could be 19 and a 60 year old man shouldn’t be fawning over them
    But that’s just me I guess
    Carry on

Tied up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post