Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com2019 NHL Stadium Series Gear Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So They Had That Going For Them, Which Was Nice

Quit pouncing on Pouncey....I think all ya'll suck
    Replace bitches Bell & Brown & let's ball...

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    It evens out with our FAKE PUNT coaching
    You may have stumbled onto the reason for the Saxon firing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigappleyinzer View Post
    Top 5 of what, exactly?
    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/

You'll see that Ben Roethlisberger name show up multiple times on 2018 "leaders" in passing. There's your start.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

The Following User Likes This Post:

Dramaville...

Yup, the guy with his head in a book, reading stats, misses the offensive lineman with the best hands and feet in the game!

Come on coach, you're stated you're a technique guy when it comes to lineman. Why don't you break down Pouncey's footwork and hand placement?

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

So They Had That Going For Them, Which Was Nice

Yes, please enthrall us with your tape evaluation. Tunch has even said he is a gifted hands and feet lineman and fastest center to the second level. Tunch knows a little about line play.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj1225 View Post
    So a top 5 QB who just threw for 5k yards, the best WR in the game with the best Oline in the game and we missed the effing playoffs...
    We had the best RB in the game, Top 5 QB, and Best WR in the game, and got beat by Blake Bortles.
    Steelers are never getting another Lombardi

The names Lombardi and Tomlin will never mix in the same bowl ever again.

It's 4th and 2, do you want the steelers to run or pass?

If you answer pass or even don't immediately think run then you don't have a great OL. The steelers OL is very good in pass protection but I think they are a below average run blocking unit. They have some success running but that's mainly due to the pass game spreading out a defense so you have a good match up.

Can the steelers OL run in a known run situation? It's hit or miss. And that's because Pouncey and Decastro are small.

Munchak has done an amazing job with what he has to work with but after fixing the defense, I'd like them to get some better run blockers so they can move people off the ball again.

The size of the offensive line absolutely contributes to it, but it's a bit of a mentality as well. You set the tone in training camp and you run with it if you want to be a physical, smash mouth team. There is no commitment to the run from the Steelers, especially not out of a traditional running formation. Now they work primarily out of the shotgun. Heck, even with they do seven shots from inside the five in camp, they're playing out of the shotgun or throwing most of the time. Hard to establish that philosophy of we are going to line up and pound it up the middle for two yards when you don't make it a focus in practice.

OLine never gets enough credit here. I believe they were the true MVP of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlsteelers View Post
    Does suck but what does it matter if you can put up 40 points a game if you give up 41.
    Too bad we only put over 40 points twice this season. Check out all the box scores this season. Everyone wants to blame everything on the D.
    They held us in the game many times this season. No,they sure as shit were not perfect,but our O sure as shit was not either. From the coaching all the way down. Look up how many points our offense put up in the 2nd half of the games we lost. Everyone says it's because of the D giving up the points in the 2nd half. It was also because we never ever seemed to put the game away with some scoring. Not a Big Ben bash,but if you don't think those 16 interceptions he threw,his fault or not,factored in to us not getting into the playoffs,well I guess we must be on a different page.

It's a team game. Too much inconsistentcey. On both sides of the ball. And of course from our coaching to our management. And of course far to many frigging distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelmann View Post
    OLine never gets enough credit here. I believe they were the true MVP of the team.
    Never gets credit from who? Surely you aren't talking about the coaches, players on the team, fans, or local media.

The Following User Likes This Post: