Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 95

Thread: Trumps speech tonight

  1. #61
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,760
    Rep Power
    98
    When will you dumb asses realize that apprehensions have nothing to do with how many are still getting over and not getting caught. No way to quantify that but with dollars the American taxpayer (me) spend on there welfare programs to keep them up once they get here and start dropping babies.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Wait, what? Can someone explain the logic here?


    a simple answer is people found other ways to cross without getting caught. don't know if that is the case or not, but there is really no way of knowing.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSteeler4life View Post
    When will you dumb asses realize that apprehensions have nothing to do with how many are still getting over and not getting caught. No way to quantify that but with dollars the American taxpayer (me) spend on there welfare programs to keep them up once they get here and start dropping babies.
    What Does Immigration Actually Cost Us?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/o...y-cost-us.html

    Immigration is integral to the nationís economic growth. The inflow of labor supply has helped the United States avoid the problems facing other economies that have stagnated as a result of unfavorable demographics, particularly the effects of an aging work force and reduced consumption by older residents. In addition, the infusion of human capital by high-skilled immigrants has boosted the nationís capacity for innovation, entrepreneurship, and technological change.
    For the 2011-2013 period, the net cost to state and local budgets of first generation adults is, on average, about $1,600 each. In contrast, second and third-plus generation adults create a net positive of about $1,700 and $1,300 each, respectively, to state and local budgets. These estimates imply that the total annual fiscal impact of first generation adults and their dependents, averaged across 2011-13, is a cost of $57.4 billion, while second and third-plus generation adults create a benefit of $30.5 billion and $223.8 billion, respectively.
    Cost of 1st generation immigrants (-) = $57.4 billion. Net positive of 2nd & 3rd generation immigrants (+) = $30.5bn + $223.8bn = $254.3bn. Net result: $254.3bn - 57.4bn = $196,9 billion plus

  4. #64
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,760
    Rep Power
    98
    Now illegals are making us money, give that shit a rest, you have lost your mind. Not to mention the lives already lost by people that shouldn't have been here in the first place. If you want in do it legally. My mother in-law became a US citizen last year. (Dutch) But she did it legally.

  5. #65
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    12,037
    Rep Power
    294
    Trump should show the taxpayers the cost to detain, house and release illegals and shove it up Chuck and Nancy's rear end.


    Then he should show the documented crime and tell the nation, this is a crisis, interview and put the victims on TV ( A favorite Democratic type of move ) and tell the press Democrats were for a fence/wall back in 2006.

  6. #66
    That $1600 figure is just plain ignorant. I'm not sure where they got that number but it isn't close. Over HALF of illegal immigrants and their families (even legal) are on welfare. 76% of immigrant-led households receiving welfare, compared to 52% for the native-born. I'm not surprised the NY Slimes don't understand math.

  7. #67



    College Students Shocked to Hear Hillary, Obama & Schumer Pushed Border Security

    Students at American University reacted unfavorably to calls for increased border security to stem the flow of illegal immigrants, expressing shock that prominent Democrats have agreed with the idea in the past.

    Students were presented with several quotes that sounded a lot like President Trump's speeches, but actually came from then-Senator Barack Obama, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Hillary Clinton -- including:

    ďIllegal Immigration is wrong, plain and simple. Until the American people are convinced we will stop future flows of illegal immigration, we will make no progress.Ē - Schumer, 2009

    ďWe simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented and uncheckedĒ - Obama, 2005

    ďI voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in. And I do think you have to control your borders.Ē - Clinton, 2015


    https://insider.foxnews.com/2019/01/...-obama-hillary

  8. #68
    Esteemed Throbbing Member

    Superman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Trampa, FL
    Posts
    11,754
    Rep Power
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    What Does Immigration Actually Cost Us?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/o...y-cost-us.html





    Cost of 1st generation immigrants (-) = $57.4 billion. Net positive of 2nd & 3rd generation immigrants (+) = $30.5bn + $223.8bn = $254.3bn. Net result: $254.3bn - 57.4bn = $196,9 billion plus
    you're still confusing ILLEGAL immigration with LEGAL immigration.
    no one here has a problem with someone immigrating to this country, legally.

    kinda like ... if you had people coming into your house through the window and you'd told them to come in through the front door. yet they didnt respect your request, and continue to come through the window. You tried closing the window, but they keep finding ways to open it. you even put bright neon lit arrows in your yard pointing to the door. yet they continue to come in through the window. wouldnt you eventually just wall/board up that window?

    The Following 4 Users Like This Post:



  9. #69
    Member Tim Steelersfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,318
    Rep Power
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    you're still confusing ILLEGAL immigration with LEGAL immigration.
    no one here has a problem with someone immigrating to this country, legally.

    kinda like ... if you had people coming into your house through the window and you'd told them to come in through the front door. yet they didnt respect your request, and continue to come through the window. You tried closing the window, but they keep finding ways to open it. you even put bright neon lit arrows in your yard pointing to the door. yet they continue to come in through the window. wouldnt you eventually just wall/board up that window?
    It's utter horseshit abuse of stats. From the NYTimes no less, the company Abramson point blank said was at war with Trump, printed opinions and steered clear of the news.

    And you're right. ILLEGAL immigrants cost the country $185Billion annually.

    Leave it to Libs to try to tell us how something bad is something good because there is "benefit" to it.
    "White, Christian, right-wing America is not real America." - Tibs

    "Iíve handled LR .22 bullets, I also shot a semi-automatic 30-30." - Trogolodyte

  10. #70
    Member Steelworth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    2,882
    Rep Power
    105
    Nice, simple analogy about the door/window Supe. Unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

    "We need to invent technology thatís never even been invented yet.Ē - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

  11. #71
    He may need an immediate psychiatric evaluation. Scary stuff.



  12. #72
    Esteemed Throbbing Member

    Superman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Trampa, FL
    Posts
    11,754
    Rep Power
    299

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  13. #73
    Member Steelworth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    2,882
    Rep Power
    105
    EVERYBODY is slamming him over the twitterverse. Good, he's a self-serving douchebag of the highest order.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

    "We need to invent technology thatís never even been invented yet.Ē - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    you're still confusing ILLEGAL immigration with LEGAL immigration. no one here has a problem with someone immigrating to this country, legally. kinda like ... if you had people coming into your house through the window and you'd told them to come in through the front door. yet they didnt respect your request, and continue to come through the window. You tried closing the window, but they keep finding ways to open it. you even put bright neon lit arrows in your yard pointing to the door. yet they continue to come in through the window. wouldnt you eventually just wall/board up that window?
    Yeah, I get it. Kudos for putting the work in to create an easy-to-understand metaphor for dumb-dumb's like me. The only problem is, we're being asked to pay out of pocket to 'wall/board-up that window' without really knowing how many people are 'coming through' that window. Or even how often they would try. We are being told this is an urgent, immediate, emergency situation, but frankly, all we're seeing is less and less people showing up at the door, relative to years past, and are just asked to believe - again with little to no proof - what a huge issue the window-intruders are. On the other hand, an alternative option would be to install further lighting, motion detectors and the like near that window, maybe hire a few more armed guards, and improve services for those coming through the front door, all measures that seem to be a better bang-for-the-buck solution than spending loads of cash walling-up, boarding-up the window. Plus, by doing that, you'd be living in a dark fucking house with no sunlight and no scenic view.
    Last edited by Tibs; 01-10-2019 at 04:20 PM.

  15. #75
    Member Tim Steelersfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,318
    Rep Power
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    The only problem is, we're being asked to pay out of pocket to 'wall/board-up that window' without really knowing how many people are 'coming through' that window. Or even how often they would try. We are being told this is an urgent, immediate, emergency situation, but frankly, all we're seeing is less and less people showing up at the door, relative to years past, and are just asked to believe - again with little to no proof - what a huge issue the window-intruders are.
    Yet...

    The Secure Fence Act of 2006

    The Secure Fence Act of 2006, which was passed by a Republican Congress and signed by President George W. Bush, authorized about 700 miles of fencing along certain stretches of land between the border of the United States and Mexico.

    The act also authorized the use of more vehicle barriers, checkpoints and lighting to curb illegal immigration, and the use of advanced technology such as satellites and unmanned aerial vehicles.

    At the time the act was being considered, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Chuck Schumer were all members of the Senate. (Schumer of New York is now the Senate minority leader.)

    Obama, Clinton, Schumer and 23 other Democratic senators voted in favor of the act when it passed in the Senate by a vote of 80 to 19.
    You cow tow to the current opinions preached by your leaders based upon the moment. In 2006, I'm sure you supported Clinton, Obama, and Amy's uncle advocating the building of 700 miles of walls.

    Now that Trump wants the wall...not so much.

    It's comical to watch.

    Apparently they thought it was a problem then, enough to vote for it. But now, not so much. Odd, that.
    "White, Christian, right-wing America is not real America." - Tibs

    "Iíve handled LR .22 bullets, I also shot a semi-automatic 30-30." - Trogolodyte

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Steelersfan View Post
    Yet...
    Actually, I'm not opposed to improving border security on multiple fronts, including building additional barriers on stretches of the border where it makes sense, and local governors and congressmen sign off on it. That along with providing whatever further funding required by border agencies for staffing, equipment, etc.

    The problem I see now, is the manner Trump has gone about dealing with this whole issue. He had two years of a GOP majority in Congress and couldn't get anything done. Now with the Dems in the House, he's shut down the federal government and is trying to bully his way to through. There was a bipartisan bill with plenty of border security funding on the table, yet that wasn't good enough for him. He's acting like a petulant child. He's lying through his teeth about Dems not caring about border security, trying to make it a binary, open & shut issue. He's clammed up and painted himself in a corner. Now, instead of reaching a negotiated solution, his last option may be to declare a national emergency to push this through. The numbers and the reality on the ground simply don't back that up. In my view, this is a mess of his own making. What happened to the world-renowed deal maker, the master negotiator? All he does is insult the Dems, who's support he needs to pass legislation. Slamming his fist on the table, walking out of meetings. He's stubborn beyond reason and letting his ego get in the way. That is not helping anyone, and is certainly not galvanizing support. It seems he's incapable of arguing on merit. Not a good look for a President who should be serving all Americans, regardless if they voted for him or not.

  17. #77
    Member Tim Steelersfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,318
    Rep Power
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Not a good look for a President who should be serving all Americans, regardless if they voted for him or not.
    The thing is...the utter VAST majority of Americans want the wall.

    He's fighting for what America wants.
    "White, Christian, right-wing America is not real America." - Tibs

    "Iíve handled LR .22 bullets, I also shot a semi-automatic 30-30." - Trogolodyte

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Steelersfan View Post
    The thing is...the utter VAST majority of Americans want the wall.
    Gulp. Vast majority?? What on earth are you talking about?

    Americans are split on their feelings toward building a wall along the U.S.–Mexico border, according to a new Hill-HarrisX survey.

    Thirty-four percent said a border wall was "the best path for making America safer at its borders," while 31 percent said it was "totally unnecessary and not worth the expense."

    Thirty-five percent of respondents said they believed that Americans need border security, but there are "better options" for securing the border.

    https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-amer...rd-border-wall
    The poll shows 51% support for building a border wall, even if it means that a complete wall cannot be finished. 48% say that building a wall is, "a bad idea".

    https://abcstlouis.com/news/nation-w...ld-border-wall
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, you probably meant to write the 'utter VAST majority' of Trump supporters/Republicans. There's no doubt that is true.
    Last edited by Tibs; 01-10-2019 at 04:55 PM.

  19. #79
    Member SteelerInLebanon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lebanon, OH (Near Kings Island)
    Posts
    5,940
    Rep Power
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Actually, I'm not opposed to improving border security on multiple fronts, including building additional barriers on stretches of the border where it makes sense, and local governors and congressmen sign off on it. That along with providing whatever further funding required by border agencies for staffing, equipment, etc.

    The problem I see now, is the manner Trump has gone about dealing with this whole issue. He had two years of a GOP majority in Congress and couldn't get anything done. Now with the Dems in the House, he's shut down the federal government and is trying to bully his way to through. There was a bipartisan bill with plenty of border security funding on the table, yet that wasn't good enough for him. He's acting like a petulant child. He's lying through his teeth about Dems not caring about border security, trying to make it a binary, open & shut issue. He's clammed up and painted himself in a corner. Now, instead of reaching a negotiated solution, his last option may be to declare a national emergency to push this through. The numbers and the reality on the ground simply don't back that up. In my view, this is a mess of his own making. What happened to the world-renowed deal maker, the master negotiator? All he does is insult the Dems, who's support he needs to pass legislation. Slamming his fist on the table, walking out of meetings. He's stubborn beyond reason and letting his ego get in the way. That is not helping anyone, and is certainly not galvanizing support. It seems he's incapable of arguing on merit. Not a good look for a President who should be serving all Americans, regardless if they voted for him or not.
    Once again he did not have a sixty vote majority in the Senate. Without that if the Democrats oppose it is dead. Unless you wanted to see the nuclear option used. You can't make deals with a party where their ONLY agenda is to see you removed from office. I think he has behaved quite well considering the rhetoric and behavior of the opposition since before he was even inaugurated. He gives back exactly what he has received, not something the Dems are used to, normally the Republicans just roll over and expose their bellies like good dogs.

  20. #80
    Member IndySteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    9,966
    Rep Power
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Ha ha, hilarious! What a dumbass midget.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation