Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com

Thread: Fangio hired in Denver! There is a God

Fangio hired in Denver! There is a God

Just heard on 93.7 The Fan that Vic Fangio was hired over Munch. Thank you Jesus! Please make him assistant head coach in Pittsburgh.
    Last edited by steelhurt; 01-09-2019 at 03:44 PM.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Most INtelligent Poster

in other coaching news

Adam Caplan Retweeted

Chris Mortensen

Verified account

@mortreport
    13m13 minutes ago
    More
    Freddie Kitchens will be named new Browns head coach later today, per sources.

203 replies 2,002 retweets 2,965 likes
    Reply 203 Retweet 2.0K Like 3.0K Direct message

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by steelhurt View Post
    Just heard on 93.7 The Fan that Vic Fangio was hired over Munch. Thank you Jesus! Please make him assistant haead coach in Pittsburgh.
    just saw this on the twitter feed also

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    just saw this on the twitter feed also
    Man Coolie, I feel bad for Munch since he wanted the job and would be closer to his daughter and grandchild, but the selfishness in me makes me happy we're apparently not losing him. I'd love for Art II to make him assistant head coach and give him challenges and clock management responsibilities.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Dream scenario now?
    Tomlin "retires" like our previous coaches and Munchak "interviews for" and accepts HC job for 2020 season.

A man can dream..............

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Just read that Kitchens is getting the Brown's job. Please God let us fire Butler and bring in Williams as DC. Tell Tomlin to stay the fuck out of any and all defensive meetings.

The Following 8 Users Like This Post:

Glad the browns didnt hire williams

The Following User Likes This Post:

Well for what its worth listening to 93.7 The Fan, Easy Ed Bouchette said that he believes the team will not fire Butler and that they will go with what they have. Thats his opinion mind you and if he has any insider sources who knows. I like Pride's suggestion in bringing in Greg Williams as a defensive coordinator with Tomlin keeping his hands off the defense, and I'll add one to that. Hire Kevin Green as our new outside linebacker coach since most recently he worked under Todd Bowles and did a good job with their linebackers but the Jets cleaned house with their coaches. Kevin also did a good with Clay Matthews when he was in GB.

Oh, happy day. . . I want Gregg Williams now to run the defense. Fire Butler right now! I'd even be good with Marv.

Well for what its worth listening to 93.7 The Fan, Easy Ed Bouchette said that he believes the team will not fire Butler and that they will go with what they have. Thats his opinion mind you and if he has any insider sources who knows. I like Pride's suggestion in bringing in Greg Williams as a defensive coordinator with Tomlin keeping his hands off the defense, and I'll add one to that. Hire Kevin Green as our new outside linebacker coach since most recently he worked under Todd Bowles and did a good job with their linebackers but the Jets cleaned house with their coaches. Kevin also did a good with Clay Matthews when he was in GB.
    No chance with Bowles, BA hired him as his DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

I bet that Green ends up in Tampa Bay with Bowles and Arians.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post

Damn! Bowles would have been a great choice as defensive coordinator. BA is a smart man. Surround yourself with the best possible coordinators and coaches. BA will have his work cut out for him with Winston but if anyone can get him on track, its BA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post

Not so ...he is considering Bears job also

Vic Fangio has done some quality work. His defensive units in SF and Chicago were in the top seven overall 5 times in the past 7 years.

He's getting his chance to become a head coach at age 60.

Thank god! I know Munchak is on borrowed time in the Burgh but he is the Greatest O-Line Coach in the NFL....no question! I hope we hang onto him as long as possible!

I'm glad at the prospect of Munchak returning. He is by far the best coach on our staff and one of the top in the entire league at what he does.

Fangio hired in Denver! There is a God

Quote Originally Posted by LeXX75 View Post
    Not according NFL.com.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Arians is hiring Byron Leftwich as offensive coordinator and is expected to hire Harold Goodwin as run game coordinator/offensive line and Clyde Christiansen as QB coach, Rapoport added. Arians also hired his former defensive coordinator Todd Bowles for the same position in Tampa Bay.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

Quote Originally Posted by LeXX75 View Post
    I read he did because that is a great job, but had already committed to Arians in Tampa and wanted to stick by his word.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    Freddie Kitchens will be named new Browns head coach later today, per sources.

I guess Baker likes him and that was enough, a RB coach a year ago that has called plays for 8 games in his life, good luck with that