Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com2019 NHL Stadium Series Gear Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greg williams?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    We already have a DC his name is Mike Tomlin and their in lies the problem. He wont get a high profile guy because that person will want to do his thing. Mike is good with Butler because he is affable and does what he is told.
    Another one who nailed it👍

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Jets are eyeing Williams

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Dramaville...

I've been calling for GW ever since they fired those 2 coaches mid season. I knew the Browns would fuck it up and force their best coach to leave with a new HC hire. Man are they dumb...

Bounty gate was 8 years ago. Peyton was suspended for a year, and he still coaches....for the same fucking team! If you think Bounty gate still carries a scarlet letter, you are gravely mistaken. It was an era up to 2011 when coaches would say, hurt that guy so we can win. All football was played that way. Bounty gate marked the end of that era. (Except for that animal Burfdefect).

Williams has done nothing but make every team he was with, better on D. Even as a HC, they improved on D, though still couldn't win.

I like him because he does things his own way. Tomlin will have to let go of the reigns on D, and immediately, through scheming and personnel, we will be a better D with the players we already have. Just like Fichtner did on offense. These are they guys you want delegating the O and D. I fire Butler now and replace him with GW. This isn't college, go and get the best damn guy for the job!

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    I'd like to throw my hat in the ring to coach the defense 😀

I'd do the replay analysis, for transportation to the game and a hotel for a couple nights. I might be hung over, but i couldn't be worse than waiting on the jumbotron replay.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post
    I'd do the replay analysis, for transportation to the game and a hotel for a couple nights. I might be hung over, but i couldn't be worse than waiting on the jumbotron replay.
    Nice, steelernation taking over the coaching ranks😀

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    I like him because he does things his own way. Tomlin will have to let go of the reigns on D, and immediately, through scheming and personnel, we will be a better D with the players we already have. Just like Fichtner did on offense. These are they guys you want delegating the O and D. I fire Butler now and replace him with GW. This isn't college, go and get the best damn guy for the job!
    It's sad when you have to get the HC away from every aspect of the game so that the team can win.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    It's sad when you have to get the HC away from every aspect of the game so that the team can win.
    Hahaha yeah, what the fucks the point of paying him 5 million a year?

......well he can participate the hell out of a trophy.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Popcorn.. obviously

Dramaville...

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Delegation of power is a pathway to success.

Could not care less. Nothing significant will change if Tomlin is still HC.
    Last edited by CharlesDavenport; 01-10-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    Tomlin left it along when LeBeau was here, don't understand why he couldn't do it again.

On another note, has anybody ever read Bryan Deardo? I've heard numerous complaints about this kid plagiarizing and just plain making shit up, and now he has an article up on 24/7 Sports Steelers may consider hiring Kevin Greene as new OLB coach

He then goes on to say "He should now be considered to join Pittsburgh's staff as the team's new linebacker coach. Considering Greene for Joey Porter's old job should be a no-brainer." And nowhere in the article is there even a mention from a source, beat writer or anything that the Steelers are even considering Kevin Greene. What bullshit.
    Deardo is 99% click bait. He makes the title of his story look enticing, but it's all bullshit inside.

US Veteran

Actually, Mikey is raking in about 7 mill per.

You know, because he certainly gets compensated for handling distractions. And embracing them. Obviously.

We are but a moment's sunlight
    Fading in the grass

-- Chet Powers

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Would be a great pick up but Tomlin will never allow someone as Williams to take what Tomlin feels is headlines over himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Delegation of power is a pathway to success.
    True but you can't delegate everything.. he has to do something. I haven't figured out exactly what he does yet if he isn't involved in the offense, defense, special teams, locker room management, ETC.. exactly what does this man do? Challenges? Game day decisions? Is that it?

we need 2 more DB's to work a cover 2 it was working last year until shazier got hurt now if you draft bush or the bama MLB then you have enough range to work it
    Steelers fan since 1997
    Toronto maple Leaf fan since 1989
    Toronto Raptors fan since day 1 1995
    Toronto Blue Jays fan since 1989

I see the Jets aren't stupid looking into Williams as DC in New York. Tomlin must be on vacation and did not get memo Williams was let go. Figures!!!!

marvin LB or Greene and DC we need external hire greg or rex
    Steelers fan since 1997
    Toronto maple Leaf fan since 1989
    Toronto Raptors fan since day 1 1995
    Toronto Blue Jays fan since 1989

Quote Originally Posted by F83 View Post
    marvin LB or Greene and DC we need external hire greg or rex
    One report is saying Butler might have an extended role as in coaching the OLbers too.

They really are pounding the pavement with trying to improve.

Every year they think they need minor tweaks, but that isn't the case.

They need to upgrade talent enough to offset shitty decision making.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

You have a defensive coordinator who everyone wants to see replaced and the Steelers may look to expand his role? That's some college coaching staff stuff there.

The Following User Likes This Post: