Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg williams?

Greg williams?

IF report is true that Freddie Kitchens will be HC of Browns, I would assume Williams is out then and not hanging around to be DC anymore....?
    IF that's the case, I'd love to see the Steelers scoop him up with the Dwight Schrute title of Assistant to the HC, or something like that, and kill the Butler experiment already.
    Williams can fix our broke D.
    Of course, that means current HC MT would have to NOT be involved with the D.
    Not sure that's a possibility, but I like to dream big in the off-season.

The Following 7 Users Like This Post:

I'm on board with bringing in Greg Williams as our defensive coordinator with Tomlin completely hands off the defense. Hopefully Steelers are of the same opinion but Easy Ed Bouchette is saying they may stay status quo which would be a huge mistake. Why expect different results with the same formula.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Fired by Browns
    Think it would be a great hire...but we aren't doing it...its not the Steeler way
    If we hire him......maybe he can put a bounty on Tone...
    Last edited by LeXX75; 01-09-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Only the dumb ass Browns would fire the interim coach that led them from 0-16 to an almost .500 season...

The Following 7 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Pride View Post
    Only the dumb ass Browns would fire the interim coach that led them from 0-16 to an almost .500 season...
    That was my thought, too.

"Greg, we called you in to discuss your conduct unbecoming to the Browns organization. We have developed a set of standards over the last few years and if we do not adhere to these standards, chaos will reign and our fan's hopes will live past week 2. This is something we cannot condone. Security has already cleaned out your locker, there is no reason for you to remain on the premises any longer."

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

bring his Bounty Ass in here! I'll buy Butler's one-way plane ticket.

The Following User Likes This Post:

MTC

Like it or not, Butler isn’t going anywhere.

That would be awesome to bring in Greg Williams. I might be in the minority here but- Marvin Lewis should be on the short list for DC or LB Coach. He did help to develop some great ones under Cowher

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    That would be awesome to bring in Greg Williams. I might be in the minority here but- Marvin Lewis should be on the short list for DC or LB Coach. He did help to develop some great ones under Cowher
    Agreed on Lewis.
    Have posted that previously.

I’ll pass on Williams though...

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    I hadn't even realized Lewis left the Bengals!

I've been calling for Williams for almost a month, as long as Tomlin leaves the defense alone

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Williams is definately a step up in the defensive side of ball department. Make it so

Salute the nation

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    I've been calling for Williams for almost a month, as long as Tomlin leaves the defense alone
    Tomlin left it along when LeBeau was here, don't understand why he couldn't do it again.

On another note, has anybody ever read Bryan Deardo? I've heard numerous complaints about this kid plagiarizing and just plain making shit up, and now he has an article up on 24/7 Sports Steelers may consider hiring Kevin Greene as new OLB coach

He then goes on to say "He should now be considered to join Pittsburgh's staff as the team's new linebacker coach. Considering Greene for Joey Porter's old job should be a no-brainer." And nowhere in the article is there even a mention from a source, beat writer or anything that the Steelers are even considering Kevin Greene. What bullshit.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    Tomlin left it along when LeBeau was here, don't understand why he couldn't do it again.

On another note, has anybody ever read Bryan Deardo? I've heard numerous complaints about this kid plagiarizing and just plain making shit up, and now he has an article up on 24/7 Sports Steelers may consider hiring Kevin Greene as new OLB coach

He then goes on to say "He should now be considered to join Pittsburgh's staff as the team's new linebacker coach. Considering Greene for Joey Porter's old job should be a no-brainer." And nowhere in the article is there even a mention from a source, beat writer or anything that the Steelers are even considering Kevin Greene. What bullshit.

Sorry Steelworth but that is the norm of journalism these days. What ever it takes for click bait and attention. Some of these journalists are similar to AB and his constant need of attention whoring.

Salute the nation

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

He left it alone because he came into an already assembled championship caliber defense with a HOF DC, he'd have to be stupid to mess with that. But as more and more of those players left and more of his players came in he started to involve himself

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I thought signs of the infamous Tampa 2 was rearing its ugly head in the last couple of seasons of Lebeau.

Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post
    I hadn't even realized Lewis left the Bengals!
    Got the Turk at the end of the season

Tomlin sais he declined hiring a times out coach. While a dog catcher is better than Butler for DC, Tomlin himself had too much control over the defense.

If its impossible to fire Tomlin, okay let's have two coordinators running the show, with him out of it. Things will be much better.

I'd take Greene as the OLB coach.

I'd pass on Greg Williams for several reasons. He was the coach in the bounty gate. The NFL found that Williams and as many as 27 Saints defensive players were involved in the scheme. He's also 60, and when was the last time his defense was high rated?

Simply stated, Fuck Yeah!
    Last edited by Buster; 01-09-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Mike Munchak will be 59 in March.