Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: According to Steelers Beat writer Easy Ed Bouchette, he says "thats all folks"

Quote Originally Posted by wig View Post
    And Vader, I'm still trying to figure out who shit the bed on holding on to and using a kicker with a mid-level groin pull all season. SOMEBODY d's that up right proper.
    No idea. Not sure if Boz told anyone or if the STs coach knew or if Tomlin knew. Who knows with this mess of a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    No idea. Not sure if Boz told anyone or if the STs coach knew or if Tomlin knew. Who knows with this mess of a team.
    Yep, and groin pull or no groin pull he was missing kicks, should've been replaced alot earlier.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

It was reported during a chat session (PG or DKSports) that Boz injured it during field warm up before the NOLA game. Played through it, then during practice the following week couldnít go and had the MRI.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

The Following User Likes This Post:

Maybe management believes Butler is getting the most out of the personnel the Steelers currently have. We didn't really have a legit
    replacement for Shazier or a second starting CB in 2018. Had a rookie playing SS.

Quote Originally Posted by 21STEELERS21 View Post
    Maybe management believes Butler is getting the most out of the personnel the Steelers currently have. We didn't really have a legit
    replacement for Shazier or a second starting CB in 2018. Had a rookie playing SS.
    They had an entire off season to replace both, and the best they could do was Bostic??? I think Fort would've been a better fit. They didn't try to replace Burns because they thought he was a starter.
    If Butler coached under Lebeau, why does this defense not resemble that at all?
    We scored 42 points and 500 yards offense vs the Jags and the #1 defense in the NFL last season, the OC was fired(not that I had an issue with that), but we gave up 45 to a Blake Bortles led offense. Butler stays.
    This year we give up 5 4th quarter leads, 4 times allowing the opponent to score 14 or more points in the 4th, but so far Butler stays????
    The only logical explanation is that Tomlin is basically running the D, as a matter of fact he pretty much said so himself when he said he was late getting the signal in on a play.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Well whoever we hire for the current open positions, they better be a minority or itíll look bad. Canít believe all the calls Iíve heard on mad dog radio regarding the lack of black coaches in the NFL and college.

Can white people demand for more white players in the NFL and NBA? It doesnít matter if there the better player or not, just give them the job.

I just donít get it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mdk2 View Post
    Well whoever we hire for the current open positions, they better be a minority or it’ll look bad. Can’t believe all the calls I’ve heard on mad dog radio regarding the lack of black coaches in the NFL and college.

Can white people demand for more white players in the NFL and NBA? It doesn’t matter if there the better player or not, just give them the job.

I just don’t get it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Double Standard is rearing its ugly head. It SHOULD be about the best candidate for the job as far as coaches are concerned and not be based on ones' color. My desire is to hire that coach based on potential, experience, creativeness, the ability to manage 53 men and all of their personalities and I don't give a damn what the color of his skin is if he can give me what I listed above. The same goes with firing a coach, color doesn't enter into the equation. Its about results and if the results are not positive, black or white, then the owners have every right to make changes. There have been many white coaches terminated over the years in the NFL because owners expected better results. It just so happen 2018 saw several black coaches terminated but don't believe there's any conspiracy to fire black coaches, thats ridiculous. Its about winning and these owners want to win now.
    Last edited by steelhurt; 01-10-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Here's a serious question about Tomlin. Aside from OL which is clearly Munchak's doing, what player in the Tomlin Era was drafted and then developed into a much better player than when he entered the league?

It seems there is not much player development under Tomlin. The steelers draft and if they hit on a good player like Watt or Juju then they have a good player. If they get a subpar or mediocre producer or raw prospect like Dupree or Burns, then they just don't seem to get much better.

Antonio Brown? He was a 6th rounder so he barely played as a rookie but in season 2 he had 1100 yards. AB was good immediately due to his elite quickness and hands. To this day though, he's a poor route runner. Ben is a QB that like to improvise so it works. Obviously AB is a much better player now. Everybody gets better with experience. Was he well coached though? Nobody taught him to run routes.

Shazier? He made plays but missed a bunch too. He was good, but with his talents, he should have been great, a real gamechanger.

Who else? Certainly no DB has developed. Mike Hilton seemed like maybe that guy but he seems to have plateaued as a solid but not great player.

Take a look at 2 guys from the same school, same position, same draft. Bud Dupree and Za'Darius Smith. Dupree has much more physical ability and was a 1st rounder. Smith was a 4th rounder by the Ravens. Fast forward a few years and Smith is a much better player than Dupree.

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    They had an entire off season to replace both, and the best they could do was Bostic??? I think Fort would've been a better fit. They didn't try to replace Burns because they thought he was a starter.
    If Butler coached under Lebeau, why does this defense not resemble that at all?
    We scored 42 points and 500 yards offense vs the Jags and the #1 defense in the NFL last season, the OC was fired(not that I had an issue with that), but we gave up 45 to a Blake Bortles led offense. Butler stays.
    This year we give up 5 4th quarter leads, 4 times allowing the opponent to score 14 or more points in the 4th, but so far Butler stays????
    The only logical explanation is that Tomlin is basically running the D, as a matter of fact he pretty much said so himself when he said he was late getting the signal in on a play.

This is clearly what's going on and firing Butler will make zero difference. CMT will have to go for the D to change.

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    Here's a serious question about Tomlin. Aside from OL which is clearly Munchak's doing, what player in the Tomlin Era was drafted and then developed into a much better player than when he entered the league?

It seems there is not much player development under Tomlin. The steelers draft and if they hit on a good player like Watt or Juju then they have a good player. If they get a subpar or mediocre producer or raw prospect like Dupree or Burns, then they just don't seem to get much better.

Antonio Brown? He was a 6th rounder so he barely played as a rookie but in season 2 he had 1100 yards. AB was good immediately due to his elite quickness and hands. To this day though, he's a poor route runner. Ben is a QB that like to improvise so it works. Obviously AB is a much better player now. Everybody gets better with experience. Was he well coached though? Nobody taught him to run routes.

Shazier? He made plays but missed a bunch too. He was good, but with his talents, he should have been great, a real gamechanger.

Who else? Certainly no DB has developed. Mike Hilton seemed like maybe that guy but he seems to have plateaued as a solid but not great player.

Take a look at 2 guys from the same school, same position, same draft. Bud Dupree and Za'Darius Smith. Dupree has much more physical ability and was a 1st rounder. Smith was a 4th rounder by the Ravens. Fast forward a few years and Smith is a much better player than Dupree.
    Ouch! Thats troubling! I think like many here that Tomlin talked himself into the head coaching job 12 seasons ago because that is what he does best. The Rooney's were taken back, enamored, wowed by the way he presented himself, and he happened to be a minority, when in fact in all seriousness, Whisenhut was the better, much more experienced candidate. Tomlin came with one, only one year as a defensive coordinator where his Vikings defense was at the bottom of the league and also had experience with DB's at Tampa.
    Tomlin is not a teacher therefore no, he's not known for developing players or coaching them up. He's a talker, silver tongue artist, carnival barker, loaded with clever speak skirting around pertinent questions much too often at his weekly pressers, chest bumper who has poor management skills, not very good at keeping 53 men focused, much too often out coached and lacks the ability to adjust. Thats who he is.
    Last edited by steelhurt; 01-10-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post

Quote Originally Posted by steelhurt View Post
    Ouch! Thats troubling! I think like many here that Tomlin talked himself into the head coaching job 12 seasons ago because that is what he does best. The Rooney's were taken back, enamored, wowed by the way he presented himself, and he happened to be a minority, when in fact in all seriousness, Whisenhut was the better, much more experienced candidate. Tomlin came with one, only one year as a defensive coordinator where his Vikings defense was at the bottom of the league and also had experience with DB's at Tampa.
    Tomlin is not a teacher therefore no, he's not known for developing players or coaching them up. He's a talker, silver tongue artist, carnival barker, loaded with clever speak skirting around pertinent questions much too often at his weekly pressers, chest bumper who has poor management skills, not very good at keeping 53 men focused, much too often out coached and lacks the ability to adjust. Thats who he is.

Aditi said she spent a week at the Ravens while they where getting ready for their PLAYIOFF game and she noticed a dramatic difference. The3 coaches over there were always coaching up / talking betterment / to the players and that was something she never saw, to thaT DEGREE, HERE AT STEELERS - ville.

Salute the nation

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    Aditi said she spent a week at the Ravens while they where getting ready for their PLAYIOFF game and she noticed a dramatic difference. The3 coaches over there were always coaching up / talking betterment / to the players and that was something she never saw, to thaT DEGREE, HERE AT STEELERS - ville.

Salute the nation
    Yeah sad that the rats clearly have a better approach. I mean hell they won the division with a running QB. Clearly they overachieved as the Steelers underachieved.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Yeah sad that the rats clearly have a better approach. I mean hell they won the division with a running QB. Clearly they overachieved as the Steelers underachieved.

slash, that brings us back to talent. I truly think the STEELERS are by far better talented than the rats. Why do we continually play down? Why can't this team be focused and ready similar to the Panthers / CHEATRIOTS / NO games more consistantly?? How do you tie with the Browns opening day and even lose to the Raiders?????? It all starts at the top........................... And to answer my question... It seems to be OK at the top with this lackadazical try.

Salute the nation

Salute the nation

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

WOW we sure made some big changes coming. most in football world had no idea the two let go were coaches in Pittsburgh. I can see number one defense in league next year after these coaching changes as well number one rushing offense. Tomlin likes to flap his jaw that is all.