Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com

Thread: Will Haden Eventually Extend His Career at Free Safety?

Will Haden Eventually Extend His Career at Free Safety?

Haden will definitely play CB in 2019, but I could see the Steelers extending him with the intent to move him to free safety
    down the road and possibly even in 2020, when the Davis contract has expired. That would mean they need to acquire 2 starting CB's
    in the next year or so.

Your guess is as good as mine.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

If they let him play free safety like Ed Reed played, then absolutely.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Our current coaching staff would never be able to help coach him into a new role after playing corner his whole career. Thatís not a knock against him, he might be able to teach himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haden is not good at tackling, do you really want him as your FS?

Every CB that has ever played for the Steelers has been mentioned as a possible safety.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Litos View Post
    Haden is not good at tackling, do you really want him as your FS?
    That's why I said if they just let him roam the field looking for picks, like Ed Reed.

Well hopefully that won't happen for a few more seasons. What is Joe, 29 years old? I see 3-4 more productive years at CB but these idiots better find a complimentary CB to play with Joe, and no not another reach like Artie Gets Burns Again.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Joe will be 30 at the start of next season. I believe Woodson moved to free safety at 33. Kind of ironically Marvin Lewis moved him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Every CB that has ever played for the Steelers has been mentioned as a possible safety.
    No shit!

And they never do, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    That's why I said if they just let him roam the field looking for picks, like Ed Reed.
    I saw a brief, but interesting discussion on Twitter about Reed and Polamalu. The thought is Polamalu would still be the same type of impact player as he was in today's game, however, Reed would not be able to get nearly as many interceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    I saw a brief, but interesting discussion on Twitter about Reed and Polamalu. The thought is Polamalu would still be the same type of impact player as he was in today's game, however, Reed would not be able to get nearly as many interceptions.
    Agreed because everything is quick and short

Dramaville...

Joe can still play corner, and he is our best corner. Moving him to safety now would be dumb.

I hear that a lot of talented CBs coming out of college actually get better under pro tutelage. Seems like an urban legend. The right move is to rotate shitty CBs in and out of the lineup and move talented veteran CBs to safety. That way we bracket a shitty CB crew with LBs who can't cover with safeties past their prime.

Quote Originally Posted by 21STEELERS21 View Post
    Joe will be 30 at the start of next season. I believe Woodson moved to free safety at 33. Kind of ironically Marvin Lewis moved him.
    Uh..Rod was bigger and faster than Joe. Better tackler and had superb hands. Joe is the best pure corner we have right now, but long way to go to compare him to Rod. He was an All-Pro at 37.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

If they let him play free safety like Ed Reed played, then absolutely.

The amount of times he could have had a pick at crucial times this season makes me wonder about this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelmann View Post
    The amount of times he could have had a pick at crucial times this season makes me wonder about this statement.
    Maybe, but if the current safety, Davis, doesn't kill him, he seals the deal vs the Chargers.

only rod woodson former Steeler CB made the conversion, they should of done it with chad scott because he was a solid vs the run and was constantly beat on double moves..
    I think if Haden stays healthy he can play at the same level till William gay and McFadden played till 35 or 36.

Maybe, but if the current safety, Davis, doesn't kill him, he seals the deal vs the Chargers.

Hey,I fully agree with you,but this was just one example. Don't get me wrong I have always liked Haden. There were games earlier in the season he could have put away as well. It's just so frustrating,that we are in this position as we have drafted countless players. He got burned quite a few times late in the season.

But hey,it's a passing league,all db's have their moments. Toughest position to play,I believe,with all the bullshit penalty calls against them.
    Last edited by Steelmann; 01-11-2019 at 07:16 PM.