Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Art II has spoken according to Jerry Dulac

Quote Originally Posted by Litos View Post
    AB is pure media, what a tool. Man up and pick up the phone and apologize to the guy thats gave you a chance and then made you a millionaire

AB, like Bell is a guy that until a few years ago was walking around with only loose change in his pockets. Now, because he posses athletic skills he is an instant millionaire, yet still has the maturity of a 12 year old.

Neither appreciates the opportunity life has given them, and feel the world owes them more.

Instead of being grateful they act like spoiled children, and unfortunately because we fans continue to throw away our hard earned money at them, they earn more in one season than we see in a lifetime.

Easy to holdout and feel abused with millions in the bank.

All these cryptic messages on their IG and Twit feeds.......AB and Bell should learn to be a man and just say what they mean. I know social media is a millennial staple, but my God....grow a pair. Show some competency.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

The Following User Likes This Post:

Art II has spoken according to Jerry Dulac

AB in the following priority:
    A - His money
    B - His stats
    C - His brand
    D - The team
    If Iím Art II, Tomlin, the players, how can I trust him going forward after he quit on his team.
    He didnít even have the courage to call his coach on game day but had his agent make the call.
    It will be interesting to see how Art II handles this but to me itís so much more important than what compensation is received in a trade and dead cap space. Yes,those are certainly important factors but the message that will be sent to my younger players in particular JuJu and Washington or any other young receiver that may draft will be more critical. Art has to send the message that this wonít be tolerated from any player not even Brown himself.
    I hate to lose a player with such a marvelous skill set but on the same token, Art cannot let Brown dictate behavior, set bad examples for the other younger guys, and must set precedent here now and make every effort to move him out of here.
    Who honestly thinks if they can mend the broken fences that Brown wonít have more sideline moments, and off field distractions? He wonít change and thatís not the business the Steelers are in, they arenít psychiatrists or life coaches, but are about winning,setting the example,being the model for other teams. Cannot do that with me guys like Bell,Brown and Bryant. Looks like two Bs gone now time to let the other B fly away.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Last edited by steelhurt; 01-10-2019 at 09:08 PM.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Funny, when Art II statement came out, a few of us read the article and came to the part of not returning his or Tomlin's calls. I asked my immediate supervisor, jokingly of course, what would happen is the owner of my company called and I didn't return his calls? We both shook our heads and said, "he's done!".

btw, I still think AB could come back, issue a massive apology to the team, fans, Tomlin and Art II and work hard to restore faith in him being a Pittsburgh Steelers that takes out the "I" in team. All it takes is his tail between his legs and ask for forgiveness.

Dramaville...

My statement, if I was the owner, would be.

We are not releasing Antonio Brown. If he wants to leave our team, he needs to first pay us back the 21 million we paid him in good faith to honor his contract, before moving him off of our roster.

The Following 8 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by steelhurt View Post
    A - His money
    B - His stats
    C - His brand
    D - The team
    If I’m Art II, Tomlin, the players, how can I trust him going forward after he quit on his team.
    He didn’t even have the courage to call his coach on game day but had his agent make the call.
    It will be interesting to see how Art II handles this but to me it’s so much more important than what compensation is received in a trade and dead cap space. Yes,those are certainly important factors but the message that will be sent to my younger players in particular JuJu and Washington or any other young receiver that may draft will be more critical. Art has to send the message that this won’t be tolerated from any player not even Brown himself.
    I hate to lose a player with such a marvelous skill set but on the same token, Art cannot let Brown dictate behavior, set bad examples for the other younger guys, and must set precedent here now and make every effort to move him out of here.
    Who honestly thinks if they can mend the broken fences that Brown won’t have more sideline moments, and off field distractions? He won’t change and that’s not the business the Steelers are in, they aren’t psychiatrists or life coaches, but are about winning,setting the example,being the model for other teams. Cannot do that with me guys like Bell,Brown and Bryant. Looks like two Bs gone now time to let the other B fly away.

This right here. Nailed it

A - His money
    B - His stats
    C - His brand
    D - The team
    If Iím Art II, Tomlin, the players, how can I trust him going forward after he quit on his team.
    He didnít even have the courage to call his coach on game day but had his agent make the call.
    It will be interesting to see how Art II handles this but to me itís so much more important than what compensation is received in a trade and dead cap space. Yes,those are certainly important factors but the message that will be sent to my younger players in particular JuJu and Washington or any other young receiver that may draft will be more critical. Art has to send the message that this wonít be tolerated from any player not even Brown himself.
    Who honestly thinks if they can mend the broken fences that Brown wonít have more sideline moments, and off field distractions? He wonít change and thatís not the business the Steelers are in, they arenít psychiatrists or life coaches, but are about winning,setting the example,being the model for other teams. Cannot do that with me guys like Bell,Brown and Bryant. Looks like two Bs gone now time to let the other B fly away.

I don't disagree but at the same time trading him might be just be rewarding the behavior so what does Art do?

We'll find out how much teams value talent vs. character when we see where Bell and AB land. I think they will both get a shit ton of money. I think Bell will flame out after a couple of years, and AB will be good but not great for a few years. They will both leave the game set for life and not give a shit what bridges they burned. Good for them. As a fan, don't want them on my team. I realize that what the fans want is not even on the list of things they give a shit about. Maybe if I grew up in their situation, I would be the same. I like to think not, but I don't know.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

...thatís not the business the Steelers are in, they arenít psychiatrists or life coaches
    Yeah, that's what made me scratch my head when initially a lot of people were pinning Brown's behavior on Tomlin. That this was somehow his fault or a failure in coaching. AB's 30 frickin' years old! You think the decisions and behavior of a 30-year old need to kept in line by anyone other then themselves? Brown is 100% responsible and culpable for his deeds and actions.

I don't think one poster pinned it all on Tomlin. AB is responsible for his actions.

But the head coach is responsible for limiting distractions, and Tomlin has failed at that.

For him to not share some of the blame, is telling me fans aren't paying attention to a repetitive un-welcomed culture that has developed with more than 1 player.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    My statement, if I was the owner, would be.

We are not releasing Antonio Brown. If he wants to leave our team, he needs to first pay us back the 21 million we paid him in good faith to honor his contract, before moving him off of our roster.
    No kidding. The team and the league should have some sort of protection built into place to protect them and penalize the player if they quit on their team in this manner. It sets a precedent for players who simply no longer want to work for their team and wish to move to other team, want more money, etc. If this is allowed to proceed with AB not being punished, then we will see this behavior become common and teams will have millions in dead cap space where they would have difficulty being able sign new players to take their place...In effect, it's the NFL's version of mutiny.

Anyone with sympathy for this guy needs to take a close look at the damage he's causing the team.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Perfect example of why the only guaranteed money should be the bonus. Gurley could do the same thing to LA and they are fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
    Well fellas 2 of the 3 Killer Bees decided to use their stingers toward all of Steeler Nation. Once a bee stings, it is dead.

So long and farewell, Lev'eon & AB.....What a waste
    You can only have one queen bee.

Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    No kidding. The team and the league should have some sort of protection built into place to protect them and penalize the player if they quit on their team in this manner. It sets a precedent for players who simply no longer want to work for their team and wish to move to other team, want more money, etc. If this is allowed to proceed with AB not being punished, then we will see this behavior become common and teams will have millions in dead cap space where they would have difficulty being able sign new players to take their place...In effect, it's the NFL's version of mutiny.

Anyone with sympathy for this guy needs to take a close look at the damage he's causing the team.
    Agreed 100%

Its time to move on from Antonio, regardless of how spectacular his play might be. That he is outright insubordinate to not just his coaches, but even the team owner?? Absolutely unacceptable, and no franchise, let alone the Steelers, can let it go unchallenged. Will it suck to see him making plays for another team? Yes, of course. Could the Steeler offense's production suffer, at least in the short-term? Sure, thats a very real possibility. It doesnt change the fact that if this franchise wants to maintain some semblance of their dignity moving forward, changes need to happen.

You think fans dislike Tomlin now, let AB be somewhere else without getting appropriate value for him.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Dramaville...

Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

That is the protection JMM. The Steelers do not have to move AB, and he can sit for a year in his prime. He has to give something back to get out of a contract 3 years early, and that is to return his prorated portion of his signing bonus for the next 3 years. It makes the Steelers whole, and it gives AB a clean break. Honestly, I don't see the Steelers moving Brown unless that happens. Otherwise, it is a poor cap move.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    That is the protection JMM. The Steelers do not have to move AB, and he can sit for a year in his prime. He has to give something back to get out of a contract 3 years early, and that is to return his prorated portion of his signing bonus for the next 3 years. It makes the Steelers whole, and it gives AB a clean break. Honestly, I don't see the Steelers moving Brown unless that happens. Otherwise, it is a poor cap move.
    Let's be real for a moment; him just "sitting for a year in his prime" isn't going to happen, that's an absolute pipe dream.

WTF is Gooney II thinking!!! Like it or not We & Ben need AB. This year will be the NFL's biggest team screw up by an owner who's Chip on his shoulder will be the ruin of this team. If I was Ben I'd be asking for a trade to a good team who needs a QB. Just a few weeks till baseball starts. Total bullshit on big cluster Fu(k.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Steeler Nation mobile app

A - His money
    B - His stats
    C - His brand
    D - The team

Lets be honest, this "game" is a business and when an ow er won't guaranty a contract like in the MLB how can you care about a team that doesn't care about you. It's all new ways that players are going to fight the owners contract requirements. So if you look at your list from a business side then it's 100% correct. But from a Fans side it blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Irondiesel58 View Post
    Lets be honest, this "game" is a business and when an ow er won't guaranty a contract like in the MLB how can you care about a team that doesn't care about you. It's all new ways that players are going to fight the owners contract requirements. So if you look at your list from a business side then it's 100% correct. But from a Fans side it blows.

Wish We knew the entire story.