Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com2019 NHL Stadium Series Gear Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Art II has spoken according to Jerry Dulac

Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    This is what makes me suspect that AB could be with the Steelers next year. Rooney and Tomlin are calling him, AB isn’t calling them, and Rooney won’t completely rule out AB returning. Why even try calling him if your interest is in getting rid of him?

It’s like a guy saying “I am fairly certain I’m going to break-up with the girl who walked out on me and won’t return my repeated phone calls.”
    I may be mistaking, but AB didn't return their calls that week/weekend of the Bengals game. That's what I thought he was referring to. Whether they have tried since then, I'm not sure, but Art II said he wouldn't rule anything out, esp trading or keeping him. There are two months until a decision is to be made. The ball is in Ab's court. He he wants to stay, it's up to him to pick up the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    This is what makes me suspect that AB could be with the Steelers next year. Rooney and Tomlin are calling him, AB isnít calling them, and Rooney wonít completely rule out AB returning. Why even try calling him if your interest is in getting rid of him?

Itís like a guy saying ďI am fairly certain Iím going to break-up with the girl who walked out on me and wonít return my repeated phone calls.Ē
    I don't think he's going to come out and say he will not be back next year, in the event that no one offers anything significant for him.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    That is the protection JMM. The Steelers do not have to move AB, and he can sit for a year in his prime. He has to give something back to get out of a contract 3 years early, and that is to return his prorated portion of his signing bonus for the next 3 years. It makes the Steelers whole, and it gives AB a clean break. Honestly, I don't see the Steelers moving Brown unless that happens. Otherwise, it is a poor cap move.
    Cope hit on something right here. Art2 has all the cards and Rosenhaus knows it. His client is locked in a contract. His client has committed insubordination with the club he signed the contract with. Whether AB is traded or not, there is the 21 cap hit. So unless there is a negotiated return of the bonuses, AB has to a) deal with the fact that he will be expected to perform for the club, or sit, neither which he would want. Or b), if a trade is to be consummated, return the bonuses via negotiation. CBA be damned. This could set a precedent on the next agreement.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

Sucks seeing the CBS sports article today talking about us only possibly getting a 2nd rounder for AB. I'm not sure what I'd do if that is the best we can get for the best WR in the NFL. That seems ridiculous even if he is 30 and a diva.

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    Sucks seeing the CBS sports article today talking about us only possibly getting a 2nd rounder for AB. I'm not sure what I'd do if that is the best we can get for the best WR in the NFL. That seems ridiculous even if he is 30 and a diva.
    Yeah, the Steelers can laugh at anyone who offers only a second. His market would be HUGE.

I was shocked to read that CBS Sports article. They talked about 2nd rounders or possibly the CB from the Cardinals in a direct trade.

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    I was shocked to read that CBS Sports article. They talked about 2nd rounders or possibly the CB from the Cardinals in a direct trade.
    I would take Peterson in a NY minute for AB.

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    I may be mistaking, but AB didn't return their calls that week/weekend of the Bengals game. That's what I thought he was referring to. Whether they have tried since then, I'm not sure, but Art II said he wouldn't rule anything out, esp trading or keeping him. There are two months until a decision is to be made. The ball is in Ab's court. He he wants to stay, it's up to him to pick up the phone.
    I don't see much indication he wants to stay. There were signs throughout the season and definitely that last week.

This would have been really interesting if the Brahns had picked up a few more yards and kicked a field goal rather than Browning out.
    No Steeler Chili for you 6 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post
    Cope hit on something right here. Art2 has all the cards and Rosenhaus knows it. His client is locked in a contract. His client has committed insubordination with the club he signed the contract with. Whether AB is traded or not, there is the 21 cap hit. So unless there is a negotiated return of the bonuses, AB has to a) deal with the fact that he will be expected to perform for the club, or sit, neither which he would want. Or b), if a trade is to be consummated, return the bonuses via negotiation. CBA be damned. This could set a precedent on the next agreement.

If A, I wouldn't trust him not to tank in a critical situation,,stats guy or not. I'd let him rot.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Dramaville...

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post

I've been thinking about it more and more. I'd even be willing to pay him his $2.5M roster bonus for the return of his $21M, if it allows the Steelers time to work out the trade of the decade.

And a player for player trade, shouldn't happen with Brown. There might be a handful of players I'd take straight up for him. Darnold, Ramsey, Barkley. Has to be the best at his position and young. Peterson isn't even in this category, and would be our #2 CB if Haden returns. I'd take Peterson and their first. I'd consider their second, only because it's the first pick of the second round, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    I've been thinking about it more and more. I'd even be willing to pay him his $2.5M roster bonus for the return of his $21M, if it allows the Steelers time to work out the trade of the decade.

And a player for player trade, shouldn't happen with Brown. There might be a handful of players I'd take straight up for him. Darnold, Ramsey, Barkley. Has to be the best at his position and young. Peterson isn't even in this category, and would be our #2 CB if Haden returns. I'd take Peterson and their first. I'd consider their second, only because it's the first pick of the second round, right?
    Exactly. As I said all along value or I wouldn't send him anywhere.

Also what if he returns half the 21mil? Meeting the club half way?
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Quote Originally Posted by scstillerfan View Post
    I would take Peterson in a NY minute for AB.
    Would depend on how the trade was structured. I doubt we could handle AB's cap hit and then add Peterson's on top of that even if just for a year.

Now I'm on record numerous times saying I can't stand Mark Madden most of the time but boy........did he hit on something in the Trib article he wrote yesterday. The article talks about how Brown needs to be traded if the Steelers ever want their culture to get back to what it once was. The last part of the article, Madden describes how Brown's attitude can be summed up in two scenarios that occurred this season.

After the devastating loss to the Chargers in which Brown had 11 catches for 153 yards, AB was "positively beaming" at the post game press conference and was all smiles as he spoke openly to the media. After we finally beat our most hated nemesis in New England in which Brown had 4 catches for 49 yards, he refused to speak to the media and exited the locker room quickly. That's all you need to know to figure out what type of dude he is.

With Brown and Bell on the team as their two star players is it any fucking wonder this team hasn't gone anywhere for several years? Jesus. He also said Brown has to be removed from this team before he can poison Smith-Schuester's mind, which I agree with.
    Last edited by Supersteeler; 01-12-2019 at 10:14 AM.

The Following 9 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Supersteeler View Post
    Now I'm on record numerous times saying I can't stand Mark Madden most of the time but boy........did he hit on something in the Trib article he wrote yesterday. The article talks about how Brown needs to be traded if the Steelers ever want their culture to get back to what it once was. The last part of the article, Madden describes how Brown's attitude can be summed up in two scenarios that occurred this season. After the devastating loss to the Chargers in which Brown had 11 catches for 153 yards, AB was "positively beaming" at the post game press conference and spoke openly to the media. After we beat our most hated nemesis in New England and Brown had 4 catches for 49 yards, he refused to speak to the media and exited the locker room quickly. That's all you need to know to figure out what type of dude he is.

With Brown and Bell on the team as their two star players is it any fucking wonder this team hasn't gone anywhere for several years? Jesus.
    Yep. Read the article. It was spot on. This not something new either. AB has been doing all the time over the years. Big numbers and a loss. All smiles. Small numbers but a win. Silent and disgruntled.
    Quote Originally Posted by stillwright View Post
    Wait...are you talking about yourself or paperclip?

Super Dave: I am a(Super) contributor with an up to date subscription. I just never whined about the tag.

You should stick to talking football........

I don't watch many interviews or read many articles these days but of the few I don't recall hearing much passion from our more popular players about trying to win championships.

Am I just overlooking those clips or are championships taking a back seat for the big names on our team who might be more interested in big numbers. If that's the case then its very possible a championship craving attitude is not being overly emphasized. Sure would be interesting to see what really happening on the North Side

Man, if we could get SFs pick and take a real top LB and the new coach can get Burns head out of his ass (or we find some without headinassitis), that'd be a vast improvement.

I'm trying to find it on Twitter, but last night Paul Zeise on the fan said he said some NFL insider on Twitter said the market is going to be very good if the Steelers do trade him.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    I'm trying to find it on Twitter, but last night Paul Zeise on the fan said he said some NFL insider on Twitter said the market is going to be very good if the Steelers do trade him.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    He's not the only one reporting that.

The Steelers will have no issues getting value for him.

I read further on the CBS article to a link. It had us getting second round picks from a bunch of teams. Fuck off. I fuckin knew it. Our shit is always worthless. I'd rather dick face not practice and show up on his own flight and play the bloody game and go home then pay 21 million and get a low second. C'mon.