Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com2019 NHL Stadium Series Gear Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Art II has spoken according to Jerry Dulac

Art II has spoken according to Jerry Dulac

Per Jerry Dulac via 93.7 The Fan,he spoke with Art II who said they will not release AB but all other options are open. He also said that it would be hard to envision having AB at training camp in July. The article is written by Jerry Dulac Pittsburgh Post Gazette. Pretty telling story after Jerry has sit down with
    Art II. Art II also said he's tried to contact Brown on several occasions but with no success.

Ouch! Bye Bye AB!
    Last edited by steelhurt; 01-10-2019 at 05:10 PM.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Well fellas 2 of the 3 Killer Bees decided to use their stingers toward all of Steeler Nation. Once a bee stings, it is dead.

So long and farewell, Lev'eon & AB.....What a waste
    Replace bitches Bell & Brown & let's ball...

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Not really surprising.

It sucks to lose such a great player, while having to eat 20 million in cap space, but you cannot bring back a guy who flat out quit on his team.

AB could probably convince the team to keep him but I'm not sure he can put his pride aside enough to do it.
    Its unfortunate but it is what it is now. So long AB!

Not true. He could do it being apologetic, contrite, hat in hand and humble. But. I really don't think he has it in him. Why would art 2nd speak on ab, and not on his coaching staff. It's like the company commander coming down on a private, and ignoring the captains and platoon leaders actions. I blame the whole ab problem on lax handling of player affairs in the past, due to tomlin
    Quote Originally Posted by antdrewjosh View Post
    No one is defending Tomlin here he can go fuck himself with rest of his team as far im concerned

The writing was on the wall. Once a player poisons the well with his words and actions, there's no turning back. AB was such a stud for most of his time here. Really enjoyed seeing a no-name, sixth round draft pick work his way to the top of the game. He made it easy to root for him. He worked as hard as anyone I can think of, to become one of the very best at his position. It sucks he let his ego get the best of him. Nobody was able to reel him in, not the owners, the front office, Coach Tomlin, or his teammates. It really sucks it has to end this way. But at least we'll have some clarity and hopefully get some significant value in return.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhurt View Post
    Per Jerry Dulac via 93.7 The Fan,he spoke with Art II who said they will not release AB but all other options are open. He also said that it would be hard to envision having AB at training camp in July. The article is written by Jerry Dulac Pittsburgh Post Gazette. Pretty telling story after Jerry has sit down with
    Art II. Art II also said he's tried to contact Brown on several occasions but with no success.

Ouch! Bye Bye AB
    !
    When you leave the door open to anything but being cut, that means he still could be back. As they would only trade him IMO with the right offer. Remember this also could be Rooney showing his displeasure. As AB hasn't been answering calls. Maybe they are trying to get him to call in.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Art Rooney II: 'Hard to envision' Antonio Brown being with Steelers for camp
    Photo of Gerry Dulac
    GERRY DULAC
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    gdulac@post-gazette.com
    JAN 10, 2019 2:52 PM
    Steelers president Art Rooney II said the team is not going to release Antonio Brown, but “all other options are on the table” following the wide receiver’s insubordinate behavior before and after the final regular-season game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

In an interview Thursday with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Rooney would not come out and say the Steelers are going to trade their All-Pro receiver, but he left no doubt that is a strong possibility.

He even went so far as to say it would be “hard to envision” Brown being with the Steelers when they report to training camp in July.

“There’s not much we can do right now; we have time to make a decision,” Rooney said in his first public comments since Brown skipped out on practices and team meetings leading up to the Dec. 30 game at Heinz Field. “We’ll look at all the options. We’re not going to release him, that’s not on the table. But I will say all other options are on the table.

“Whether the situation can be reconciled and have him back on the team next year, we’re a long way away from thinking that can happen. We’re not closing the door on anything at this point.”

The Steelers cannot do anything with Brown until March 13, the first official day of the 2019 NFL season. He is due a $2.5 million roster bonus on the fifth day of the league year, or March 17, so it is likely the Steelers would make a decision by then.

Brown is scheduled to count $22,165,000 against the salary cap in 2019. If the Steelers trade him, he would still count $21,120,000 against their cap — $12.6 million salary, $7 million pro-rated signing bonus and $2.5 million roster bonus. However, the Steelers would save $15.1 million — his 2019 salary plus roster bonus — in real money.

Rooney, though, indicated Brown’s salary-cap ramifications would not play into whatever decision the team makes.

“That has to be taken into consideration, but, as I sit here today, “I’m not going to say that’s going to box us into anything,” Rooney said. “If we decide something has to be done, we’ll figure out how to deal with that.”

Nobody in official capacity with the Steelers has spoken with the seven-time Pro Bowl receiver since he left Heinz Field shortly after the Dec. 30 game against the Bengals began.

He has refused to return repeated phone calls from Rooney and coach Mike Tomlin.

Asked specifically if a trade was a possibility, Rooney said, “I’m not going to use those words. All options are on the table. We have two months to go before we can do anything. There’s no sense making the decision now. We’ll see how things play out. Maybe he decides to come talk to us some day and we learn more about where he is. We’ll see.”

Brown was not suspended by the Steelers, but he was not allowed to play against the Bengals after refusing to the practice all week, skipping team meetings and not returning phone calls from Rooney, Tomlin and some of his teammates.

Despite that, he showed up at Heinz Field expecting to play against the Bengals — a move that both surprised and angered some of his teammates. However, he was told in a private meeting with Tomlin he would be inactive for the game.

Brown also did not attend the team’s final meeting or personal evaluation session with Tomlin the day after the victory against the Bengals.

Rooney said he will talk with some of the team leaders to see how they feel about Brown returning next season.

“That’s one of the questions we have to answer — whether we can get to a point where we all feel good about him being on the roster next year. We have a way to go before we feel good about that.”

Asked if it would be hard or easy to envision Brown being at training camp in Latrobe, Rooney said, “As we sit here today, it’s hard to envision that. But there’s no sense on closing the door on anything today. There’s snow on the ground. We don’t have to make those decisions right now.”

Going back to training camp, Brown’s demeanor has been different from past years, according to a team source. Several players think this latest episode is a culmination of issues with their talented teammate, not merely because of an incident at a light Dec. 26 practice that involved Ben Roethlisberger.

During a morning walk-through, Brown became upset when Roethlisberger said he ran the wrong route and wanted to run the play again. Brown yelled an expletive at the Steelers quarterback, threw the football in anger and left the practice field, according to sources. That was the last time he took part in any type of practice with the Steelers.

“My belief is there’s more to it than an incident one day at practice,” Rooney said. “That’s one of the reasons I would have liked to talk to him about it — what it was and how it got to this point.”

Gerry Dulac: gdulac@post-gazette.com and Twitter @gerrydulac
    Last edited by steelhurt; 01-10-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Ouch! Bye Bye AB!
    Do you think Brown doesn't already know that Rooney is pissed? The guyl just doesn't give a shit.

The bridge has been burned, and this is basically the boss making it official.

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    When you leave the door open to anything but being cut, that means he still could be back. As they would only trade him IMO with the right offer. Remember this also could be Rooney showing his displeasure. As AB hasn't been answering calls. Maybe they are trying to get him to call in.
    Absolutely, good points by you! Art II is pissed as he should be. As we all know on this board, if you want to continue to eat, you don't fuck with the guy who signs the checks. Very, very stupid and extremely immature on Browns part.

Yes, won't cut him, all options open which includes reconciliation but Brown not taking the owners calls, not a very smart thing to do. These owners have huge egos too and you do not want to get on that bad side.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Exactly ^^^^^ they wonít cut him, so it will take the right deal for him to leave. He is 30, so the value might not be there. IMO if the Steelers give him away they are stupid. If we spend 21 million for nothing, thatís STUPID. This can be fixed if AB will grow up and talk to Mr. Rooney.

We have witnessed and benefited from a generational talent at WR. Damn it sucks what is happening right before our eyes, folks.

Nobody in official capacity with the Steelers has spoken with the seven-time Pro Bowl receiver since he left Heinz Field shortly after the Dec. 30 game against the Bengals began. He has refused to return repeated phone calls from Rooney and coach Mike Tomlin.
    Damn AB, you gone and fucked it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Damn AB, you gone and fucked it all up.
    I do not think he sees it that way, as it's obvious that he wants out.

The guy has flat out ignored both Tomlin and Rooney for nearly two weeks and yet some fans still believe he'll be back.

It's over.

The Steelers are going to take whatever they can get for him.

Absolutely, good points by you! Art II is pissed as he should be. As we all know on this board, if you want to continue to eat, you don't fuck with the guy who signs the checks. Very, very stupid and extremely immature on Browns part.

Yes, won't cut him, all options open which includes reconciliation but Brown not taking the owners calls, not a very smart thing to do. These owners have huge egos too and you do not want to get on that bad side.
    See he had the opportunity to say they plan on trading him. Right here.

Asked specifically if a trade was a possibility, Rooney said, “I’m not going to use those words
    So it is hey I am pissed and you are not communicating. There is some options but I am not going to lean one way or another, but how things stand now without communication hard for me to envision him in camp.

Now look for the media hacks not to grasp this but say hey he is gone. Like Ed Douchetwatwaffle.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Can any of you imagine a scenario where your supervisor or boss is calling you over a two-week period and you refuse to pick up or return a call? And think you still have a job?

The Following 7 Users Like This Post:

See he had the opportunity to say they plan on trading him. Right here.

So it is hey I am pissed and you are not communicating. There is some options but I am not going to lean one way or another, but how things stand now without communication hard for me to envision him in camp.

Now look for the media hacks not to grasp this but say hey he is gone. Like Ed Douchetwatwaffle.
    Yeah I see what you're saying but also keep in mind Art II is a lawyer by profession and he is not going to back himself in a corner by saying something that may compromise him. This will be interesting to see how this plays out but I really imo think he's gone. Sure AB could come back with hat and hand but come on man, AB would never do that.

Trade him to a team with a shitty qb. Would live to see him fail miserably. Good riddance. Fucking cancer

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Can any of you imagine a scenario where your supervisor or boss is calling you over a two-week period and you refuse to pick up or return a call? And think you still have a job?
    No! Not in my lifetime. Wouldn't even enter my mind to do something like that. Its called insubordination and is grounds for immediate dismissal. I like to continue eating and drinking fine liquors Tibs.

When you fake an injury, don't show up for the MRI that would have proven a possible injury, leave your team during a game, ignore calls from your coach and ignore calls from your team owner, there really is no way a team can or should keep you. To keep leverage, the team has to say they won't cut him but they will take the best offer that has one first round pick attached to it. They should have a few to choose from.