Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com2019 NHL Stadium Series Gear Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That look at me I made a first down thing..

That look at me I made a first down thing..

Always hated it, and I think it is a good indicator of an eventual problem.

Yeah, yeah, grumpy old fuck..

The Following 9 Users Like This Post:

It's why I always admired Larry Fitzgerald. Make a play, hand the ball to the ref and get back to the line.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Where do I sign up?

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ZonaBurgh View Post
    It's why I always admired Larry Fitzgerald. Make a play, hand the ball to the ref and get back to the line.
    Should be an easy fix. When they are doing film study, have the coach pause the film on one of those plays, and say "Look at that! One of our professional receivers caught a football! Everybody stand up and give AB a round of applause. It's good to know we are not wasting X millions of dollars a year on him.". I noticed Samuels has taken to that bullshit, so do the same thing. "Look at that! One of our professional running backs gained 5 yards! Everybody stand up and give that man a round of applause!".

It's a fine line between allowing them to show emotion and excessive "look at me" type stuff. A great example would be last year when MITCHELL tackled a guy after a big 15-18 yard gain and then MITCHELL stood up and beat his chest and acted like he just tackled superman. Cowher had a great explaination of it and he lived right on the line of OK but NOT to far and his players stayed near within those boundaries. It starts at the top and CMVLT seems to be ok with what ever they do and thus the shitty lackidazical approach to many things STEELERS football. Their TD celebrations are well rehearsed and I wonder on whose time are they rehearsing them???? If it's durring practice then practice isn't nearly hard enough or intellectually enough. I'm not an O'l fuddy dude but when a player takes the time to hold up and drop the ball, even in the crucial seconds left of the game,.......that is just to far. DRIFT>>>>?

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Literally half the players in the NFL.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    Literally half the players in the NFL.
    Nope. Not even close. I am obviously sensitized to this, and I have not seen much of it during the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesDavenport View Post
    Nope. Not even close. I am obviously sensitized to this, and I have not seen much of it during the playoffs.
    During the Houston game in the 4th quarter while down by 14 pts I saw Watson run for a few first downs and then stood up and did the dropping the football first down thing. Crazy really. It's the play offs. You are down 14 pts. You just ran for a first and time is ticking....just simply a selfish act.
    Quote Originally Posted by stillwright View Post
    Wait...are you talking about yourself or paperclip?

Super Dave: I am a(Super) contributor with an up to date subscription. I just never whined about the tag.

You should stick to talking football........

I hate the pose in endzone thing.

MTC

Quote Originally Posted by stillwright View Post
    During the Houston game in the 4th quarter while down by 14 pts I saw Watson run for a few first downs and then stood up and did the dropping the football first down thing. Crazy really. It's the play offs. You are down 14 pts. You just ran for a first and time is ticking....just simply a selfish act.
    Yep. Eventual problem right there.

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZ View Post
    I hate the pose in endzone thing.
    The defensive posing thing in particular. I'm picturing Mel Blount, Joe Greene, Jack Ham, Andy Russell and company doing that. Actually I can't picture that.

The defensive posing thing in particular. I'm picturing Mel Blount, Joe Greene, Jack Ham, Andy Russell and company doing that. Actually I can't picture that.
    exactly right. I wish one of the old school guys would come in and talk about what it is like to be a pro on the field.

Blog Entries
    I'm a youngster but feel like a grumpy old timer. I agree lol

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BLITZ View Post
    exactly right. I wish one of the old school guys would come in and talk about what it is like to be a pro on the field.
    I don't think that would work in today's nfl.
    Just seems society in general is more lenient in all facets of work place showings.

Quote Originally Posted by ZonaBurgh View Post
    Always liked Larry Fitz' style. He's a flat out Pro.

I don't overly care, but I damn sure would be telling my players if we are losing, I don't want to see any stupid ass look at me signaling.

We are in the business of winning. That is what I want to see.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Are the kids in high school and pee wee leagues doing now as well? You know they are going to mimic the "professionals".

I also can't stand the receiver who gets bumped and starts to immediately do the throwing the flag gesture. If I was a ref, I'd throw a flag on him. 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct. I'd also throw it on the football drop bullshit. It's holding up the game (delay of game). That would stop that look at me shit real quick.
    No Steeler Chili for you 6 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    I'm a youngster but feel like a grumpy old timer. I agree lol

DUDE,..... Keep hanging around here and we will get you GRUMPIER and OLDER.................real fast.!!!!

J/K

Salute the nation

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    I don't overly care, but I damn sure would be telling my players if we are losing, I don't want to see any stupid ass look at me signaling.

We are in the business of winning. That is what I want to see.

How about when we are late late fourth quarter and driving for a win........ Seconds count........AB gets the first, then does the fucking "ball Drop" and meanders back to the line of scrimmage while the REF has to retrieve the ball and get it set...........?????

That has happened more times than I care to see as once would be to much if I was coach. Even if it ONLY cost three seconds......... Well you can see my point.

Salute the nation

Quote Originally Posted by bigtwnvin View Post
    Always liked Larry Fitz' style. He's a flat out Pro.
    Barry Sanders was like that

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app