Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RBG is almost done - You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Now THAT is funny! They may even do a Weekend at Bernies type deal with her if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    Excellent points Tim. 100% behind this one as long as she has a record of following the Constitution and not ideology.
    Im fine with her and typically i prefer more moderate swings than RBG for her....

Wait..what ??

Proud to be everything a Liberal hates.

The Following User Likes This Post:

I guarantee that if a conservative justice was having these health issues and a dem was in office the left would be banging the drums on every outlet about how critical it is to the country that they step down.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesDavenport View Post
    I am really looking forward to it. By the way, Kavanaugh is a weak fucker. We need a strong conservative on the bench.

The Democrats knew Kavanaugh was getting confirmed, their goal was to weaken his hand, and they might have succeeded in this regard by appealing to their base, and putting the microscope under his early career as a Supreme Court Justice.

However, the court went slightly to the right, and in time I suspect Kavanaugh will show a more conservative streak in him.

When a person reaches their mid-80's, their ability to come back from a major health issues declines. This is Ginsberg's third cancer diagnosis. In 1999, the Justice was treated for colon cancer. Then, in 2009, she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. This time a piece of her lung was removed. Itís not clear whether lung cancer is primary cancer or one that has spread from another place.

With a decreased lung capacity and her age, she's reaching a point where she should retire, and likely would have if Clinton won the election.

Trump needs to vet his candidates a bit better and pick the youngest most reliably conservative of the bunch, sticking it to the left for 20 years of a 6-3 split on the most ideological issues. Only the good lord knows how much time a person has left to live.
    Out of smoke! Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. He has won a playoff game in just 4 of his 12 seasons, and most of those came early.

You never know with sitting judges. I wish he would get someone like Mike Lee.