Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com2019 NHL Stadium Series Gear Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Our Team

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    All true, but he's won super bowls and put up big numbers before AB.
    AB needs him more than Ben needs him. Everyone thought the offense would struggle without Bell, it actually got better. Yards per carry were up, scoring was up, red zone % was up.

    I just can't see AB putting his tail between his legs coming back and apologizing to everyone. It's been 2 weeks and he hasn't even returned any of Rooney's calls. If they don't trade him and he has to stay, I can't see him giving max effort any more.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    True and those SBs there was some decent WRs on it, our depth will need to improve to have similar results.

    If there is solid value offered I trade him, but if not he will be read the riot act with stiffer penalties moving forward.

    He is a problem that needs to be solved one way or another. No more wrist slaps.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

  2. #22
    Member
    MTC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Beaconville
    Posts
    14,331
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Unless others aren't getting open forcing him to force the ball.

    I would rather not find out.
    Yeah. Cannot force to Juju. Love the kid but he is not the playmaker AB is.
    McDonald and James don't necessarily require double teams in the passing game either.


    Need Conner and JSam to have strong games to solidify the passing game imo. Keeps the D off balance. But.....AB takes a lot of that pressure off the others

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    Yeah. Cannot force to Juju. Love the kid but he is not the playmaker AB is.
    McDonald and James don't necessarily require double teams in the passing game either.


    Need Conner and JSam to have strong games to solidify the passing game imo. Keeps the D off balance. But.....AB takes a lot of that pressure off the others
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    True and those SBs there was some decent WRs on it, our depth will need to improve to have similar results.

    If there is solid value offered I trade him, but if not he will be read the riot act with stiffer penalties moving forward.

    He is a problem that needs to be solved one way or another. No more wrist slaps.
    If he'd come back and apologize and do what he needs to do to make shit better, and he's going to be a team player, then I'd love to keep him. I just don't see AB being that kind of person, and sometimes getting that me first attitude out of there makes everyone play better.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  5. #25
    This one is for Tomlin


  6. #26
    Dramaville...
    Cope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Section 228
    Posts
    11,489
    Rep Power
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh View Post
    This one is for Tomlin

    Not gonna lie, Loved that damn album!! I was way in to Slick Rick back then too.

  7. #27
    Defense is irrelevant in the new NFL, get rid of that old 80s thinking and join the future.

    The hell with the defense, Ben only has a year or two left, at most. Get him the best weapons to score 30+ every game to win NOW!

    OUR WINDOW IS NOW!!

    Draft another #1 WR and RB that we need to totally dominate, We can beat any team with Ben and the offense, the defense will NEVER win us any games, they cant be fixed in under 5 years anyway, its a waste of draft picks by this incompetent bunch, cant afford more Jarvis Duprees taking 4 more years "learning the system"


    5 WIDE!!! Bitches

  8. #28
    This is a little tangential, but one thing I've struggled with is trying to understand what happens throughout the course of a season when the Steelers intermittently go comatose on offense. They've had an embarrassment of riches on that side of the ball and show flashes of being great, but seldom demonstrate that over the course of an entire game, let alone an entire season. Why? Is it the stubborn coaches' unwillingness to attack the weakness of the opposing D? Is it streaky play by specific units or players? Or does it just happen when they go up against good defenses and adjustments are made/not made by one team or the other? All of the above?

    Sometimes when I observe the Steelers' offense operate in a given quarter or half...it's like I have no idea what team I'm watching. They either come in flat or appear to lose steam at some point before maybe panicking in the 4th quarter and stringing some drives together. It is so weird and frustrating to watch. I guess I expect that sort of thing from the D because of the dearth of talent on that side of the ball (despite the draft picks being thrown at it), but with all the offensive weapons...it just makes no sense to me. I know there has to be something more quantifiable going on...maybe someone paying more attention to the details can explain it.

    Anyway to bring it back to the point of the thread...I guess I feel like the Jekyll & Hyde nature of the offense WITH all of that talent is probably a harbinger that we've seen the best out of them, which hasn't been good enough on it's own. That being the case, I'd prefer continued focus on the defense just like OP.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Ben is getting extended, probably 3 years, but it will lower his cap hit this season

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too. I could see contract running 2022 season which puts Ben at 40 which if he stays healthy, I think that’s realistic.



    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    If he'd come back and apologize and do what he needs to do to make shit better, and he's going to be a team player, then I'd love to keep him. I just don't see AB being that kind of person, and sometimes getting that me first attitude out of there makes everyone play better.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Thing is maybe the recent rhetoric from AB on Twitter seems “Rosenhaus’ish”, with the spelling and syntax structure. Nothing like AB previous tweets. But maybe AB brain fog is clearing? He and Joe Haden seemed to imply, albeit cryptic as ever, with today’s IG post that he’s trying to let the players know he’s either contrite or doesn’t want to leave.

    Even when trying to be subtle, it’s attention seeking.


    Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post
    Thing is maybe the recent rhetoric from AB on Twitter seems “Rosenhaus’ish”, with the spelling and syntax structure. Nothing like AB previous tweets. But maybe AB brain fog is clearing? He and Joe Haden seemed to imply, albeit cryptic as ever, with today’s IG post that he’s trying to let the players know he’s either contrite or doesn’t want to leave.

    Even when trying to be subtle, it’s attention seeking.


    Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Then pick up a damn phone, his constant social media whoring, while ignoring Rooney and Tomlin makes him look more and more like an immature douche

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post
    Thing is maybe the recent rhetoric from AB on Twitter seems “Rosenhaus’ish”, with the spelling and syntax structure. Nothing like AB previous tweets. But maybe AB brain fog is clearing? He and Joe Haden seemed to imply, albeit cryptic as ever, with today’s IG post that he’s trying to let the players know he’s either contrite or doesn’t want to leave.

    Even when trying to be subtle, it’s attention seeking.


    Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    No that definitely was someone else tweeting. and I see he is still using his burner account too.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Then pick up a damn phone, his constant social media whoring, while ignoring Rooney and Tomlin makes him look more and more like an immature douche

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    At this point he need to schedule a meeting Rooney isn't going for the phone conversation.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    At this point he need to schedule a meeting Rooney isn't going for the phone conversation.
    Agreed, but if he hasn't contacted him in almost a month, I don't see that happening.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation