Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com2019 NHL Stadium Series Gear Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When Chad Johnson is your "mentor" you have problems

Lol it appears his other half is telling him to get his ass home

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IndySteel View Post
    I miss Swann and Stallworth.
    I miss Ernie Mills, Charles Johnson, Yancey Thigpen and Will Blackwell.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Will Blackmail I'd have to leave that one off any list.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Quote Originally Posted by insaniti View Post
    I miss when steelers fans weren't such whiney little ****s that turned on players at the slightest drop off the hat...

You sure weren't preaching to get rid of Ben when he was being an asshole. It's no wonder Terry hates Pittsburgh, I would too.

Why don't you let the entire situation play out, instead of knee jerk reactions to media blow hards pushing stories without all of the facts. Fuck, we have two whole months before any decision needs to be made.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Steeler Nation mobile app
    I'm not sure what else "needs to play out" in your eyes.

Brown is the one guy who can counter everything the media is saying and put an end to it by accepting responsibility and being an adult. Instead, he's dicking around on social media, creating even more controversy in the process.

Brown has shown himself to be selfish and immature for years now, with the emergence of another star receiver on the team pushing him over the edge.

What has happened should not be difficult for any Steelers fan to accept or believe.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

I miss when steelers fans weren't such whiney little ****s that turned on players at the slightest drop off the hat...

You sure weren't preaching to get rid of Ben when he was being an asshole. It's no wonder Terry hates Pittsburgh, I would too.

Why don't you let the entire situation play out, instead of knee jerk reactions to media blow hards pushing stories without all of the facts. Fuck, we have two whole months before any decision needs to be made.

If you like missing the playoffs, then sure bring Brown back. Fuck it, let's bring Bell back while we are at it. Surely it can't be their cancerous attitudes that are making a Superbowl caliber team miss the playoffs or lose Wildcard games. In fact we need more players like that. Let's go out and find some more guys with cancerous attitudes and "I'm gonna get my stats and not care if the team loses" attitudes". Yeah let's do that. It's working out great so far.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Louis Lipps and not quite to Edwards yet.........

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Supersteeler View Post
    If you like missing the playoffs, then sure bring Brown back. Fuck it, let's bring Bell back while we are at it. Surely it can't be their cancerous attitudes that are making a Superbowl caliber team miss the playoffs or lose Wildcard games. In fact we need more players like that. Let's go out and find some more guys with cancerous attitudes and "I'm gonna get my stats and not care if the team loses" attitudes". Yeah let's do that. It's working out great so far.

When you couple those type of players with the type of coach we have,......then you have what's allowed to happen actually happen. At one point these players were decent people but the carelessness of which they were held accountable to contributed to letting the "UGLY" out of them and here we are.

For certain both Bell & Brown are responsible for who they are, some here compare BEN in his younger day........guess what, he owned up to his actions and has not let anyone down since.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    When you couple those type of players with the type of coach we have,......then you have what's allowed to happen actually happen. At one point these players were decent people but the carelessness of which they were held accountable to contributed to letting the "UGLY" out of them and here we are.

For certain both Bell & Brown are responsible for who they are, some here compare BEN in his younger day........guess what, he owned up to his actions and has not let anyone down since.

Salute the nation
    I'm more in the camp of "these are grown men and are responsible for their actions" rather than needing a coach babysitter for them. But you are correct in that a coach can't permit disruptive behavior from continuing. He may not be able to prevent it, but he has to discipline accordingly to set the precedent that it won't be tolerated.

Ocho cuatro!

Slightest drop of the hat???

Social media:
    • Calling out the mother of his children for not being there 100 percent.
    • Posted what looked to be a shot at Tomlin during his end of season PC.
    • On IG with James Harrison teasing an interview with the real story following Tomlin’s PC.
    • Posted a picture of himself with ARII following Rooney’s interview with Dulac.
    • With his “mentor” Chad Johnson saying he will tell his story soon.

Media:
    • Had a spat with the media and talked about them putting pressure on him.
    • Called Ed Bouchette a “clown” on Twitter.
    • Threatened ESPN writer Jesse Washington on Twitter.

Practice:
    • Missed OTAs
    • Arrived at training camp in a helicopter.
    • Left training camp to get treatment for a quad treatment in Miami.
    • Made “trade me” Tweet when criticized on Twitter by former Steelers PR employee.
    • Brown was a no show to meetings on the Monday after the Chiefs game.
    • Incidents leading up to him missing the Bengals game.

Other:
    • Notoriously late for events, showed up over 4 hours late for a visit to Children’s Hospital.
    • Lawsuit for throwing things off a balcony in Florida.
    • Busted for speeding at over 100 mph on McKnight Road.
    • Did not return phone calls to teammates, coaches, or owner at the end of the season.

BTW, all of these have happened since the end of last season.

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Also, let's not forget his constant whining about his touches, despite having more receptions and yards than any WR in the league over the past 6 seasons.

With his selfish behavior over the years, I think well knew deep down it was going to reach this point eventually.
    Last edited by Punxsutawney; 01-12-2019 at 01:10 PM.

I heard on NFL Network that Ben was in his car holding ABs foot down on the pedal. 🙄

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Hell, Ben gets the blame everything Steelers. I’m surprised he hasn’t been blamed for RB Coach Saxon being let go and Munchak still not being re signed by the Steelers.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

When Chad Johnson is your "mentor" you have problems

And of Munchak; why the hell are we not re signing him already? Cannot Artie II promote him to Assistant HC with additional responsibilities aside from the OL? How about challenges, clock management, input on game plans? What the hell is Artie II waiting on???

Tomlin doesn't think he needs a challenge person

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Tomlin doesn't think he needs a challenge person

I guess he wants to set a record that can never be broken. Currently ten consecutive lost challenges spanning two seasons and counting.
    What a fucking putz!

Quote Originally Posted by steelhurt View Post
    And of Munchak; why the hell are we not re signing him already? Cannot Artie II promote him to Assistant HC with additional responsibilities aside from the OL? How about challenges, clock management, input on game plans? What the hell is Artie II waiting on???
    Maybe we tried and Munchak would rather be close to his family in Dener.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steelhurt View Post
    I guess he wants to set a record that can never be broken. Currently ten consecutive lost challenges spanning two seasons and counting.
    What a fucking putz!

They need the Penguins challenge guy

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    Maybe we tried and Munchak would rather be close to his family in Dener.
    Maybe! He’s not under contract to any team now since his just expired. Hell, he has the entire off season to go visit daughter and grandchild. I can’t believe he wasn’t extended here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersteeler View Post
    We made the playoffs 4 straight years until this season. And AB had NOTHING to do with us not making it. The offense isn't the issue on this team. Try again.