Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com2019 NHL Stadium Series Gear Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When Chad Johnson is your "mentor" you have problems

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    Slightest drop of the hat???

Social media:
    • Calling out the mother of his children for not being there 100 percent.
    • Posted what looked to be a shot at Tomlin during his end of season PC.
    • On IG with James Harrison teasing an interview with the real story following Tomlin’s PC.
    • Posted a picture of himself with ARII following Rooney’s interview with Dulac.
    • With his “mentor” Chad Johnson saying he will tell his story soon.

Media:
    • Had a spat with the media and talked about them putting pressure on him.
    • Called Ed Bouchette a “clown” on Twitter.
    • Threatened ESPN writer Jesse Washington on Twitter.

Practice:
    • Missed OTAs
    • Arrived at training camp in a helicopter.
    • Left training camp to get treatment for a quad treatment in Miami.
    • Made “trade me” Tweet when criticized on Twitter by former Steelers PR employee.
    • Brown was a no show to meetings on the Monday after the Chiefs game.
    • Incidents leading up to him missing the Bengals game.

Other:
    • Notoriously late for events, showed up over 4 hours late for a visit to Children’s Hospital.
    • Lawsuit for throwing things off a balcony in Florida.
    • Busted for speeding at over 100 mph on McKnight Road.
    • Did not return phone calls to teammates, coaches, or owner at the end of the season.

BTW, all of these have happened since the end of last season.
    Yes, the drop of a hat... This post wasn't just about AB. I've seen the fans just flip instantly on players and demand they dump them no matter the cost.

There is a lot to play out still. A sit down with Rooney, a meeting of Tomlin, Rooney, and Colbert to discuss roster moves, etc.

Right now, we only know what the media has said, and there are just as many reports disputing half of the claims. So far, Tomlin and Ben are the only two to address the situation directly. Everything else is from a "source"

This is not to say AB is absolved of anything, just that I'm willing to let it all play out before saying things like fuck AB, dump him, or the even dumber statement "his best days are behind him"

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by insaniti View Post
    Right now, we only know what the media has said, and there are just as many reports disputing half of the claims. So far, Tomlin and Ben are the only two to address the situation directly. Everything else is from a "source"
    Tomlin was pissed. We also had the owner address it and ARII made a pretty bold statement with his words.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by insaniti View Post
    Yes, the drop of a hat... This post wasn't just about AB. I've seen the fans just flip instantly on players and demand they dump them no matter the cost.

There is a lot to play out still. A sit down with Rooney, a meeting of Tomlin, Rooney, and Colbert to discuss roster moves, etc.

This is not to say AB is absolved of anything, just that I'm willing to let it all play out before saying things like fuck AB, dump him, or the even dumber statement "his best days are behind him"

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Steeler Nation mobile app
    AB still has a lot left as a player.
    Let it play out. Media is running this bigger than needed.

Do not dump him yet.
    His wife wants him home though lol

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    How do you know that? Maybe it's bigger than the media is making it out to be?

If it's bigger than the media is making it out to be, why did ARII address it?

Esteemed Throbbing Member

what gets me is AB could end all this shit himself. Now.
    All he has to do is return Rooney's call. The fucking team owner calls and he doesnt answer. I mean, the guy who writes your check and you dis the dude? That takes some serious ignorance, arrogance and all kinds of ants.
    That said, Rooney didn't flat out say AB would not be on the team next year. Most likely he won't if this crap continues.

But, if AB wanted to end all this speculation, he could return Rooney's call and tell him to either explore trades, or be apologetic. The fact that he doesn't and hasn't shows how fucking childish and selfish he is.

And, yes, this team is a rehash of the Bungles team from a few years ago. Loaded in talent, and spoiled by a few bad apples.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Blog Entries
    If it's bigger than the media is making it out to be, why did ARII address it?
    Cause he's the owner and is trying to calm the waters surrounding his franchise.

As a fan just trust the front office knows what they are doing and leave it at that.
    AB is no saint, but I'm not going to hold him over the fire just yet.

If he's traded then he's traded.
    2019 rolls on.

If he's around then hope he man's up and plays ball

The Following User Likes This Post:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    How do you know that? Maybe it's bigger than the media is making it out to be?
    Maybe it is
    Maybe it isn't

Only those involved know.
    We as fans can only speculate and assume the better

Cause he's the owner and is trying to calm the waters surrounding his franchise.
    I'm not sure what Rooney said calmed the waters in terms of AB's relationship with the team.

I'm not sure what Rooney said calmed the waters in terms of AB's relationship with the team.
    he didn't disturb them
    Quote Originally Posted by antdrewjosh View Post
    No one is defending Tomlin here he can go fuck himself with rest of his team as far im concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    what gets me is AB could end all this shit himself. Now.
    All he has to do is return Rooney's call. The fucking team owner calls and he doesnt answer. I mean, the guy who writes your check and you dis the dude? That takes some serious ignorance, arrogance and all kinds of ants.
    That said, Rooney didn't flat out say AB would not be on the team next year. Most likely he won't if this crap continues.

But, if AB wanted to end all this speculation, he could return Rooney's call and tell him to either explore trades, or be apologetic. The fact that he doesn't and hasn't shows how fucking childish and selfish he is.

And, yes, this team is a rehash of the Bungles team from a few years ago. Loaded in talent, and spoiled by a few bad apples.
    And we see who his mentor is. SMH
    Quote Originally Posted by stillwright View Post
    Wait...are you talking about yourself or paperclip?

Super Dave: I am a(Super) contributor with an up to date subscription. I just never whined about the tag.

You should stick to talking football........

Drug test AB.

My guess is AB took out a LLoyds of London policy on himself getting MVP. When he didn’t get it, and thus the $$$$ he went into diva mode tantrum Gatorade juvenile 2.0

Dramaville...

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Tomlin doesn't think he needs a challenge person

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    So Tomlin is Challenge Challenged??

Quote Originally Posted by Skott View Post
    Drug test AB.

My guess is AB took out a LLoyds of London policy on himself getting MVP. When he didn’t get it, and thus the $$$$ he went into diva mode tantrum Gatorade juvenile 2.0
    We actually want maximum value for him if traded, drug testing him would be counter productive if he fails or not?
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back