Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com2019 NHL Stadium Series Gear Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We thought we were in the clear on Munchak: Sorry gotta post it....

We thought we were in the clear on Munchak: Sorry gotta post it....

Broncos are still trying to get him, but now on Fangio's staff. PARAGRAPH 5, it seems a little telling....Sorry to spoil everyone's weekend

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...denver-broncos
    Replace bitches Bell & Brown & let's ball...

It was mentioned in another thread.

She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

I saw that coming a mile away

Make him OL Coach AND Asst Head Coach... problem solved (as long as he wants to stay).

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

If he is still under contract i wouldn't let him go unless it was For a head coaching job.

Quote Originally Posted by steeltruckin View Post
    If he is still under contract i wouldn't let him go unless it was For a head coaching job.
    Is he under contract? I thought I read he wasn't.

maybe not

Broncos to interview 49ers QBs coach for coordinator job

The Broncos will interview 49ers quarterbacks coach Rich Scangarello for their offensive coordinator job on Monday, Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports

Scangarello has spent the past two seasons working for Kyle Shanahan in San Francisco. He also served as an offensive quality control coach in Atlanta in 2015 when Shanahan was with the Falcons.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ordinator-job/

Art II needs to make Munch Asst HC now and give him challenges, clock management, timeouts and plenty of input to the offensive game plan. NOW!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    maybe not

Broncos to interview 49ers QBs coach for coordinator job

The Broncos will interview 49ers quarterbacks coach Rich Scangarello for their offensive coordinator job on Monday, Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports

Scangarello has spent the past two seasons working for Kyle Shanahan in San Francisco. He also served as an offensive quality control coach in Atlanta in 2015 when Shanahan was with the Falcons.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ordinator-job/
    Read San Fran refused the request..............
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Quote Originally Posted by steeltruckin View Post
    First, is he actually under contract with the STEELERS? If so then you can only stop him if the interview is equal or less value (rank of position) than what he is hired for in your contract. OC would be a step up, HC would be a step up. Now that article doesn't say he is even going for another interview, I read it as saying Kubiak is who needs to be placed first before they proceed anywhere else. At what capacity Kubiak will get / take has yet to be seen and we don't know if MUNCH has even accepted for second interview.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

His contract was up at the end of this season. As said above, offer him the Asst. Head Coach and OL Coach position.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    His contract was up at the end of this season. As said above, offer him the Asst. Head Coach and OL Coach position.
    Yep, and do it right this second.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology thatís never even been invented yet.Ē - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

AND. How come Munchack hasn't been signed to a contract???? Why was he let go / not renewed? Was his work of substandard or did he see the "TOMLIN" debacle and not want renewed??? DUECE 2, what gives or is it TOMLIN's new hire time.??

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    AND. How come Munchack hasn't been signed to a contract???? Why was he let go / not renewed? Was his work of substandard or did he see the "TOMLIN" debacle and not want renewed??? DUECE 2, what gives or is it TOMLIN's new hire time.??

Salute the nation
    that's the Million Dollar Question. Why wasn't he renewed??? He really has no obligation to the Steelers right now and no one could blame him to take the OL job in Denver. He'd be close to his granddaughter, too.

FWIW 1) you try for HC, don’t get it, then you work FOR the guy who beat you out for HC?? Seems doubtful.
    2) I saw reports at least scrolling on NFLN the Munchak “will stay with Steelers”
    3) Pat Kirwin said today he could see MM being the next HC in Pitt. Kirwin is close with Cowher FWIW.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    that's the Million Dollar Question. Why wasn't he renewed??? He really has no obligation to the Steelers right now and no one could blame him to take the OL job in Denver. He'd be close to his granddaughter, too.
    He is being allowed to interview HC positions. As a courtesy, and to promote opportunities in the league, Dan Rooney always allowed coordinators or asst. coaches to seek higher positions if they were asked. Only parallel moves are not allowed.

Munch is already being paid at a coordinators salary. Heís already part of offensive game planning with Randy. Why would he want to do a job heís already doing. It would be a parallel move for him. As stated above why would you want to work for a organizations that didnít offer you the job you were interviewed for?

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post
    He is being allowed to interview HC positions. As a courtesy, and to promote opportunities in the league, Dan Rooney always allowed coordinators or asst. coaches to seek higher positions if they were asked. Only parallel moves are not allowed.

Munch is already being paid at a coordinators salary. He’s already part of offensive game planning with Randy. Why would he want to do a job he’s already doing. It would be a parallel move for him. As stated above why would you want to work for a organizations that didn’t offer you the job you were interviewed for?

Denver now wants him for their OL coach. That is a parallel move, but he's not under contract with the Steelers, so he can accept it. If he wants to be close to his granddaughter, anything is possible.

It’s scrolling across the screen on NFL Network right now.... referring to Munchak as “ former Steeler OL coach Mike Munchak”.... I wonder if that’s because he’s currently not under contract or is he definitely gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post

Munch is already being paid at a coordinators salary. Heís already part of offensive game planning with Randy. Why would he want to do a job heís already doing. It would be a parallel move for him. As stated above why would you want to work for a organizations that didnít offer you the job you were interviewed for?

He's not under contract, he could interview for any job right now

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Give him 2 million more than he could get anywhere else. I'd never want an oline coach as a coordinator so it is the same position coach situation. If he leaves for an oline position coach I'd say it is extremely telling of what is going on under Tomlin. He would have to uproot his family.