Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders on NFL Gameday

You are also missing the main point that Sanders said right up front that Antonio brought this whole thing on himself. You cannot turn your back on your teammates.

Oh, and yeah, come to Denver, lol

Grown ass men. If you cant take criticism and move on you are fuckin soft. Ben always owns up to what is his. Jesus, Harrison blamed Ben for the last SB loss in an ARTICLE where you have time to consider your words. Did Ben bitch out?

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Blog Entries
    Was Emmanuel Easy Money, Big Money or Mo Money?

Yeah.....Fuck him.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Is there some rule that WR's or RB's can't be team leaders, or are they all about personal stats?

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    And a bunch back him, maybe those guys need thicker skin. How many team mates came out against him?

Again what does any of this have to do with AB being an asshole?

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    What degree tesmmates have said Ben is a good
    Leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Xc944 View Post
    What degree tesmmates have said Ben is a good
    Leader.
    ??????
    “they had come to a time when no one dared speak his mind, when fierce, growling dogs roamed everywhere, and when you had to watch your comrades torn to pieces after confessing to shocking crimes.”

Blog Entries
    the team is full of shitheads its not only one or two guys who are a problem but several guys. ryan clark last week said ben is not a leader and the they had to have several team meetings because of him. its no coincidence that since the the real leaders have retired and left and he he has become team leader this team hasn't accomplished shit
    I have to agree with this.
    The core group guys from the Cowher era --- Ward, Farrior, Hampton, Foote, Taylor, Polamalu, Parker and even Lebeau.

Not saying Ben is a leader. His display is not rah rah.
    More performance driven. Once he's on a roll the team is near unstoppable. Look at the Colts, Titans and Panthers games.

But it's evident this team lacks core group leadership.

With Conner, JuJu, Watt, Heyward, Tuitt, Jessie James, McDonald.

I think the leadership will come back. This is a transition into a new core group of players.
    Just like in the Cowher era, there will be a couple years of struggle to find their identity. But I think the team will be ok in the long run

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZonaBurgh View Post
    Is there some rule that WR's or RB's can't be team leaders, or are they all about personal stats?
    Any position can be a leader.
    I always thought Bettis was a leader.
    Hines?

What about Dermontii Dawson? Alan Faneca?

Someone just needs to step up and instill some pride in being a Steelers player

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney View Post
    Stephen A Smith has been saying similar things as Irvin.

I do not think they're implying that Brown's behavior would be acceptable under a white coach, but that it makes a black coach look especially bad due to stereotypes and whatnot.

I do not agree with it, but see where they're coming from.
    Yea, I can't watch him. Everything is race with this guy. I don't get it making a black coach look worse. It would make any coach look bad regardless of his race. Handle your business. I never heard of a stereotype about black coach not being able to handle their locker rooms... that's a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post

Yeah.....Fuck him.
    Young money.

I dislike this Steeler team more than any other since 1972.

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

the team is full of shitheads its not only one or two guys who are a problem but several guys. ryan clark last week said ben is not a leader and the they had to have several team meetings because of him. its no coincidence that since the the real leaders have retired and left and he he has become team leader this team hasn't accomplished shit
    So Ben should be a better leader and be held responsible for everyone else’s actions, but it’s okay for Brown not to be a leader... even though he’s considered by many to be the best player on the team? It’s fine for AB to just worry about himself but Ben gets crucified if he does the same thing? Not only that, they all want Ben to take responsibility for everything that goes on with the team whether it has anything to do with him or not, but get their panties in a bunch when he gets treated differently than everyone else. In other words.... you absorb all the slings and arrows Ben, but I’m gonna be pissed if you get a little more leeway than me. I’d tell Brown to make sure the door doesn’t hit him in the ass on the way out. I wouldn’t even be that upset if they just straight up cut his selfish ass.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Yea, I can't watch him. Everything is race with this guy. I don't get it making a black coach look worse. It would make any coach look bad regardless of his race. Handle your business. I never heard of a stereotype about black coach not being able to handle their locker rooms... that's a new one.
    It's more the stereotype that blacks take a nonchalant, cavalier approach to everything, and are not capable being strict or disciplinary.

I think Smith's view, to the extent I've heard him elaborate on it, is that black coaches are more susceptible to criticism and that black players need to be aware of that and place an extra emphasis on good behavior, essentially looking out for the brother in charge.

Like I said, I do not agree with it, but some variation of the racecard is going to be played when things go bad for the Steelers because of the coach's race.

It's just the culture in which we live.

Lost in all this is the fact that Ben is critical of himself just as much as he calls out his teammates. It’s never a case of him pointing at the others and taking no blame on himself.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post

Yeah.....Fuck him.
    All we know now is that Brown is dead money.

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Ol sensitive ass WRs. Oh Ben said something on his radio show sniff.

Grow thicker skin twatwaffles.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Quote Originally Posted by RollRed View Post
    So Ben should be a better leader and be held responsible for everyone else’s actions, but it’s okay for Brown not to be a leader... even though he’s considered by many to be the best player on the team? It’s fine for AB to just worry about himself but Ben gets crucified if he does the same thing? Not only that, they all want Ben to take responsibility for everything that goes on with the team whether it has anything to do with him or not, but get their panties in a bunch when he gets treated differently than everyone else. In other words.... you absorb all the slings and arrows Ben, but I’m gonna be pissed if you get a little more leeway than me. I’d tell Brown to make sure the door doesn’t hit him in the ass on the way out. I wouldn’t even be that upset if they just straight up cut his selfish ass.
    its amazing how simplistic some of look at things. Once again there’s several issues on this team. Brown and bell being shitheads and the fact Ben is a leader. I will say it again this team hasn’t done shit with him as a leader and won’t unless they bring in some. Those are the facts you guys can cry all you want that your man love is part of the problem. It’s not a small sample size at this point it’s a reoccurring thing. Enjoy watching playoff as your leader site home without a playoff win yet again

its amazing how simplistic some of look at things. Once again there’s several issues on this team. Brown and bell being shitheads and the fact Ben is a leader. I will say it again this team hasn’t done shit with him as a leader and won’t unless they bring in some. Those are the facts you guys can cry all you want that your man love is part of the problem. It’s not a small sample size at this point it’s a reoccurring thing. Enjoy watching playoff as your leader site home without a playoff win yet again
    He brought them to three SBs I wouldn't say Ben hasn't done shit.

Your troll is weak sauce.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

I thought Sanders comments were spot on. He put it all on Brown and said he gave up on his team mates. Sure he said Ben was a dick but I got no problem with that either. Ben is a drama queen has been since the day he got here. He is not above criticism just because he is the QB. That denver play where he put the blame on AB in the media was bush league

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    He brought them to three SBs I wouldn't say Ben hasn't done shit.

Your troll is weak sauce.
    Reading comprehension isn’t your strength. Since he became the leader he has t done shit. He was not a leader on Those teams, fact. It’s great watching you come unglued over your little boyfriend being a dick. Here’s some troll sauce how are your playoffs gOing ?