Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Divisional weekend

If the Chiefs don't beat NE, at home, with that squad, God help them. I'd roast Reid's balls over an open fire, if they lose. Id give NE any game at home, but it's a rare chance to get them on the road. The stars are lined up for KC. Don't be us and blow it!

The Following User Likes This Post:

Esteemed Throbbing Member

check this out...

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1...n-todd-gurley#

They knew what the Cowboys’ defense was going to do before the ball was snapped.

“They’re a defensive line that really likes to move a lot,” right guard Austin Blythe told The Ringer. “We had a pretty good tell when they were going to do that.”

The Cowboys don’t blitz often under defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli, so they rely on stunts with their four defensive linemen to disrupt the backfield. A stunt is when a defensive lineman (or usually multiple defensive linemen) attacks a different gap than the one he is lined up across from. The goal is to confuse opposing offensive linemen by having multiple defenders crash to a different spot than expected and then use the chaos to disrupt the backfield. But stunts depend on the element of surprise, and during Los Angeles’s film study in the week leading up to their game against Dallas, the Rams discovered that the Cowboys defensive line was tipping whether they were going to stunt based on how they aligned before the snap.

Depending on the alignment of the Cowboys defensive tackles, particularly whether Maliek Collins was shaded closer to the tackle instead of the guard, the Rams figured a stunt may be coming. If the Rams saw Collins lined up slightly wider than usual, they looked for a second tell. If a certain Cowboys lineman had a specific hand on the ground—right or left—or if a player was tilted one way or the other, it confirmed what the Cowboys defensive line was going to do.

“They have good players, but we just felt scheme-wise we were able to—we had a lot of tips and tells on what they were going to do in front of us,” said Rams center John Sullivan.

Blythe elaborated:

“Usually they like to play a 3-technique but if he got a little wider, and looked like he was going to play the [left or right] tackle, he was going to slant out and we were going to get another movement from the other side too,” Blythe said. “If [the defensive tackle] is going to come in, the tell is going to come in from the other side.”

I asked Blythe how often the tells accurately predicted the Cowboys play call.

“Plus-90 percent” Blythe said.

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    It comes down to who the "leaguer" wants to win. TV contracts and ratings play a bigger part than ability and coaching. KR*FT being a HUGE contributed in the "cable TV world" I would expect to get the MOST help.
    The league wants another video game match up between the Chiefs and the Rams.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    That's a good read. I guess that's what it means for a team to "self scout" so they can examine their own tendencies and change tweak them for a game like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    The league wants another video game match up between the Chiefs and the Rams.
    I pray for this with all my being!!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

That article would actually make me nervous if i was a Rams fan. Their offense has struggled since Cooper Kupp got injured. They ran the ball down the throat of a Cowboy defense that was very good all year. That would have had me excited as a Ram fan.

But now it seems that was fake. The Rams run game didn't whip a good front 7, they had a spygate like advantage. I'm not saying they cheated. I'm just pointing out the huge advantage of knowing what's coming each play.

This also perfectly shows why spygate was a huge deal. Anybody who says it only would have given a small advantage is completely full of shit.

Oh FFS, the Pats are in their 8th consecutive AFC title game!

8 years in a row playing in the championship game!

With no locker room divas and they change over their roster every single year, if that doesn't sound like coaching counts, then i have no hope for yinz

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    That article would actually make me nervous if i was a Rams fan. Their offense has struggled since Cooper Kupp got injured. They ran the ball down the throat of a Cowboy defense that was very good all year. That would have had me excited as a Ram fan.

But now it seems that was fake. The Rams run game didn't whip a good front 7, they had a spygate like advantage. I'm not saying they cheated. I'm just pointing out the huge advantage of knowing what's coming each play.

This also perfectly shows why spygate was a huge deal. Anybody who says it only would have given a small advantage is completely full of shit.
    To me it isn't a 1/1000th of what spy gate was because all the rams knew was when the DL were stunting. Those give away tendencies happen all the time. Spy gate was the systematic gathering and delineation of formations, calls and plays. The pats**** knew the entire play and where the ball was going when they were on defense and they knew who was blitzing when they were on offense. They knew offensive and defensive adjustments. In the SB they knew the "trick" plays because they recorded the walk-through.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    To me it isn't a 1/1000th of what spy gate was because all the rams knew was when the DL were stunting. Those give away tendencies happen all the time. Spy gate was the systematic gathering and delineation of formations, calls and plays. The pats**** knew the entire play and where the ball was going when they were on defense and they knew who was blitzing when they were on offense. They knew offensive and defensive adjustments. In the SB they knew the "trick" plays because they recorded the walk-through.
    Yep and NE used illegal ways to get the videos, Rams just picked up tendencies on game film that all teams get.
    What game did Chris Spielman call for us this year? He was picking up tendencies during the live game of our opponents Oline, I can't remember which game it was.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Oh FFS, the Pats are in their 8th consecutive AFC title game!

8 years in a row playing in the championship game!

With no locker room divas and they change over their roster every single year, if that doesn't sound like coaching counts, then i have no hope for yinz
    They're like herpes, they won't go away.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    Is that what most women do "after"...............................?

The extent of the fix may never be known but the naiveness is great young Padawan.

Salute the nation
    what most women do after what? listening to ridiculous conspiracy theories? I dunno, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post

Disagree. The picked up a tendency on film. That’s good coaching. If only.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Disagree. The picked up a tendency on film. That’s good coaching. If only.....
    Meanwhile, our coach didn't want to disturb the flow of the game with Dobbs at QB to put Ben back in the game.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Pride View Post
    Meanwhile, our coach didn't want to disturb the flow of the game with Dobbs at QB to put Ben back in the game.
    Now, now that's Ben's fault for not giving Tomlin the bird and just putting himself back in the game. 🙄😉

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Man, some people are so stupid. When / if you find someone's "tell", you don't tell the whole world about it, and you certainly don't let the opponent know that you know it. Geez. You keep your mouth shut and exploit it over and over and over. You don't think they are going to play again next year? Well, if so, that tell is fucked. Stupidity at it's finest. Something Tomlin would do.