Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Using Walter Football's latest mock draft, create one for the Steelers

RD1- Devin Bush ILB Michigan
    RD2- Nasir Adderley S Delaware
    RD3a- Hakeem Butler WR Iowa State
    RD3b- Chase Winovich Edge Michigan
    RD4- Jimmy Moreland CB James Madison
    RD5- Josh Oliver TE SJSU
    BPA after

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Following User Likes This Post:

These prediction/bet threads are absolutely my favorite on this site. By far. You cannot buy this type of entertainment anywhere else.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I'm just glad he didn't say "UNTIL" 7th. That would be a long thread.
    thanks...just spit my drink all over my monitor....

that "until" thread was one of the best

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Will offer a separate bet to any sucker who posts enough to be considered a regular that Ed Oliver will not be a top 5 pick.

Any takers? slash? I thought so.

Walter football has had Oliver in the teens before. Look for them to shuffle Oliver out his current spot when the draft draws closer.

So you're on the record saying Oliver isn't top 5 value???

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    So you're on the record saying Oliver isn't top 5 value???

since he is on record saying he won't go in the Top 10, then yes he also says he is not Top 5 value

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    since he is on record saying he won't go in the Top 10, then yes he also says he is not Top 5 value
    This ought to be a banable (I made that word up) offense...

Ugh. Walter football almost unusable to me these days.

1 - Devin Bush - ILB
    2 - Irv Smith, Jr. - TE
    3A - Mack Wilson - ILB
    3B - Isaiah Johnson - CB
    4 - Ryquel Armstead - RB

5 - They have us taking a G. I'd be Ok with that as Ramon's replacement when he leaves. Might, instead, try to pick up replacement form McCullers. 3rd option would be WR that can also be KR and/or PR
    6A - They have us taking Coney with . There were some early Mock's that had us taking him in round 1! Crazy early eval, I guess. I'd be OK with a 3rd ILB pick. or one of the 3 positions I didn't take in the 5th (G/DL/WR). Grab that other TJ from WI? Worked last time we tried it!
    6B - They have us taking DE/DT from MO, with a history of knee issues. I would lean away from that. Shirley, there is someone as talented, with no knee issues.
    6C - They have us taking a RB. I already did that.. Lean toward OL as I think you can get decent OL depth this low
    7 - Same as 6C for target.

If Bush is there and the draft card isn't handed in immediately there will be a meltdown on this board. I don't necessarily think ILB is our greatest need because we likely still have a deficiency in the secondary but its hard to not select a talent like Bush.

TE, WR, RB, OT, DT (depth) and secondary are all positions of need. The real question for us all is what round do we go grab our picks in. WR, rounds 2-3 has been good to us. RB 4-6 is a good safe bet. OL could be a round 3-5 area. I sure in the hell don't want to see Grimble as our backup TE. I hope we can do something there but we've got a lot of areas to fill in.

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Hines57 View Post
    If Bush is there and the draft card isn't handed in immediately there will be a meltdown on this board. I don't necessarily think ILB is our greatest need because we likely still have a deficiency in the secondary but its hard to not select a talent like Bush.

TE, WR, RB, OT, DT (depth) and secondary are all positions of need. The real question for us all is what round do we go grab our picks in. WR, rounds 2-3 has been good to us. RB 4-6 is a good safe bet. OL could be a round 3-5 area. I sure in the hell don't want to see Grimble as our backup TE. I hope we can do something there but we've got a lot of areas to fill in.
    pair round one Bush with a long Johnson in the 3rd and I will be happy with this draft

pair round one Bush with a long Johnson in the 3rd and I will be happy with this draft
    We need impact football players who can make a difference in year 1. Getting more athletic with Bush is a big start but if we don't have anyone who can get open and catch footballs opposite Juju then we are stuck with a midget WR in the slot and have to pray McDaniel doesn't get hurt. We need more bodies at WR and TE. The secondary will likely get addressed too. We know Haden isn't getting any younger and Burnt is a straight bust.

I traded with Denver/Pats/Baltimore...I mortgaged the future to get Oliver @ #10 when I saw he was still on the board...sent the 2021 1st rounder plus ours and maybe a 3rd or 4th...Had to trade with Pats and Balt to get back some picks...All my picks are A's but, I guess I got dinged overall for shipping out our #1 in 2021...Whatever, I wanna make a fucking statement

Your score is: 25787 (GRADE: B-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 10 (DEN): Ed Oliver, DT, Houston (A)
    Round 2 Pick 24 (N.E.): Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio St. (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 21 (BALT): Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn St. (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 33 (N.E.): Tre Lamar, ILB/OLB, Clemson (A)
    Round 4 Pick 20: Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA (A)
    Round 4 Pick 21 (BALT): Marvell Tell III, FS, USC (A-)
    Round 5 Pick 3: Travis Homer, RB, Miami (Fla.) (A-)
    Round 6 Pick 2: Cody Barton, OLB, Utah (A-)
    Round 6 Pick 19: Chidi Okeke, OT, Tennessee State (A)
    Round 6 Pick 34 (COMP): Brett Rypien, QB, Boise St. (A)
    Round 7 Pick 5: Cameron Smith, ILB, USC (A+)
    Last edited by SteveA; 04-15-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hines57 View Post

whoever we pick with be 1) the worst player at that position 2) a huge reach or 3) both.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post
    Ugh. Walter football almost unusable to me these days.

1 - Devin Bush - ILB
    2 - Irv Smith, Jr. - TE
    3A - Mack Wilson - ILB
    3B - Isaiah Johnson - CB
    4 - Ryquel Armstead - RB

5 - They have us taking a G. I'd be Ok with that as Ramon's replacement when he leaves. Might, instead, try to pick up replacement form McCullers. 3rd option would be WR that can also be KR and/or PR
    6A - They have us taking Coney with . There were some early Mock's that had us taking him in round 1! Crazy early eval, I guess. I'd be OK with a 3rd ILB pick. or one of the 3 positions I didn't take in the 5th (G/DL/WR). Grab that other TJ from WI? Worked last time we tried it!
    6B - They have us taking DE/DT from MO, with a history of knee issues. I would lean away from that. Shirley, there is someone as talented, with no knee issues.
    6C - They have us taking a RB. I already did that.. Lean toward OL as I think you can get decent OL depth this low
    7 - Same as 6C for target.
    I would be AMAZED ID we got your first four picks - and probably would run naked thru downtown St. Pete...

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Will offer a separate bet to any sucker who posts enough to be considered a regular that Ed Oliver will not be a top 5 pick.

Any takers? slash? I thought so.

Walter football has had Oliver in the teens before. Look for them to shuffle Oliver out his current spot when the draft draws closer.

oh shut the hell up. most lists coming out now have Oliver listed in the top 8 of their draft prospects list and 2nd among DL players. Most mocks I've seen lately have him going to the Bills, but some have shown him going to the raiders at #4 or to TB at #5. None of this matters one little bit, since these are just the opinions of the idiots putting together the lists or mocks. His combine and Pro Day results have him firmly rooted in the Top 10 draft pick discussions and he has had visits with almost all the teams picking in the Top of the draft.

As I've said several times, all it takes is one team to fall in love with a guy for him to be taken high in the draft. Teams look at his measurements and athletic ability and think of how they missed on Aaron Donald and while he may not end up measuring up to the success Donald has had, he definitely has some of the same physical traits and explosiveness. That is why he will likely go higher than Donald did.

now of course you will throw out for the millionth time that Oliver did not have the sack numbers Donald did, and once again I will say they did not play the same position. Oliver was stuck at NT most of the time and it is a bit more difficult to rush from that position. Also no player ever did what Oliver did with his TFLs in his first two seasons. Which, personally, I am fine with my NT racking up lower sack totals as long as he is stuffing the run and making that many tackles in the back field.

So, next Thursday we will find out where he goes in the draft, until then shut the fuck up with you fucking "I'll bet anyone" bullshit.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

oh shut the hell up. most lists coming out now have Oliver listed in the top 8 of their draft prospects list and 2nd among DL players. Most mocks I've seen lately have him going to the Bills, but some have shown him going to the raiders at #4 or to TB at #5. None of this matters one little bit, since these are just the opinions of the idiots putting together the lists or mocks. His combine and Pro Day results have him firmly rooted in the Top 10 draft pick discussions and he has had visits with almost all the teams picking in the Top of the draft.

As I've said several times, all it takes is one team to fall in love with a guy for him to be taken high in the draft. Teams look at his measurements and athletic ability and think of how they missed on Aaron Donald and while he may not end up measuring up to the success Donald has had, he definitely has some of the same physical traits and explosiveness. That is why he will likely go higher than Donald did.

now of course you will throw out for the millionth time that Oliver did not have the sack numbers Donald did, and once again I will say they did not play the same position. Oliver was stuck at NT most of the time and it is a bit more difficult to rush from that position. Also no player ever did what Oliver did with his TFLs in his first two seasons. Which, personally, I am fine with my NT racking up lower sack totals as long as he is stuffing the run and making that many tackles in the back field.

So, next Thursday we will find out where he goes in the draft, until then shut the fuck up with you fucking "I'll bet anyone" bullshit.
    Hey that bet is effective immediately after Oliver is picked correct?

Meaning that is when coach's vacation starts......
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

This is my opinion. Aaron Donald has done a ton to improve Ed Oliverís draft stock. Ed Oliver is not Aaron Donald.

Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    I would be AMAZED ID we got your first four picks - and probably would run naked thru downtown St. Pete...
    Yeah, I agree, Smith and Wilson will be long gone before those picks, I'm afraid Smith goes to NE.

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by FordFairLane View Post
    This is my opinion. Aaron Donald has done a ton to improve Ed Oliver’s draft stock. Ed Oliver is not Aaron Donald.

while I agree with the first part and mostly agree with the second...how much game film have you seen on Oliver?

Esteemed Throbbing Member

I'll bet anyone Cooch doesnt stop with his bullshit.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

1 Murray
    2 Bosa
    3 Williams
    4 Allen
    5 Sweat or Ed Oliver
    6 Gary
    7 Taylor
    8 Dillard
    9 Hockenson
    10 White