Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donít count Chris Boswell out

Donít count Chris Boswell out

Earlier today the Steelers release kicker Matt McCrane, meaning the only other competition that Chris Boswell is going to face is UDFA kicker Matthew Wright from Central Florida. The reason that Boswell is going to have competition this offseason is because he went 13 for 20 on field goal attempts this last season. This lead […]

More...

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

I agree. He can turn 2018 around and be mentioned with Anderson in stature. Maybe even beyond.

I want nothing more than for Boz to regain his confidence and just be able to look at that as an aberration, but when kickers fall into a slump like that, it doesn't turn out well for the most part.

Hoping he can being an exception.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology thatís never even been invented yet.Ē - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

We can HOPE all we want but until it transfers to the field of play...................... I want him to be successful and advance our steelers as far as his position will allow but also don't want to ride a lame horse as long as Tomlin did it last year. Give him an honest chance to redeem but don't let the entire season pivot on that chance. GOOD luck Chris and regain that form...!!!!!

Salute the nation

If I recall correctly, McCrane couldn't come close to reaching the endzone on his kickoffs. Not surprising he is gone.

We all know Bozwell's struggles are mental. ...I mean he proved he can make every kick the previous year, including pressure kicks. For whatever reason his confidence was shattered last season. This year will show if he's mentally tough enough to bounce back to form or not.

Didn’t he have a groin injury?

Yup apparently his girl kept kicking in the nuts for all the FG he missed. Word is, that shit was done fucked up

Quote Originally Posted by CorpusDsteelers View Post
    Didnít he have a groin injury?

Don't care. Either produce or be gone. Nothing else matters.

Kickers almost never come back after sucking like he did last year.

Remember Vanda-drunk after he missed the gimmee vs. us in 2005 playoffs? He was money, until he missed that by a mile. Never heard from him again.

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    If I recall correctly, McCrane couldn't come close to reaching the endzone on his kickoffs. Not surprising he is gone.
    Not true in this years training camp. He put it through the end zone on each and every kick he attempted.
    The only reason they let him go was because he had to face the wrong direction on the field to do it.

Yeah I am pretty confident Bos will be our kicker this year and he will he just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AggieSteel View Post
    Yeah I am pretty confident Bos will be our kicker this year and he will he just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    I think he will make quite a turn around. Golfers go through hiccups in their swing and seek mental and physical solutions to get it back.
    We know he is physically capable so the mental recovery will be worked on this spring and summer. If he wins the training camp battle I think we will see the guy we had in previous years once again

Trouble is that you won't really know until it really matters. And if it isn't fixed then you will have much more limited options to fix. Personally I would have used a late pick on the best remaining kicker and had a real competition. If Bos wins I would have tried to stash the other guy on my PS so he was handy.

Usually when you count someone out its 1 / 2/ 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / He's got three more to go................................................ ....

AGAIN, I do hope he takes us as far as his position will allow him to, I like the young man and hoping for the best but also don't want him held onto for to long such as last year.

Salute the nation

The Following User Likes This Post:

Definitely going to count him out. Hope he proves me wrong. The yips are a bad thing to get

i think he will be fine BUT
    besides having to overcome the yips of kicking, he will have to overcome tomlin, colbert, rooney and the media for blaming him for us missing the playoffs
    kids gonna have to really be mentally tough

He may be fine, or he may be done. We should find the answer early in the preseason.

The thing that worries me, again, is coaching / FO. Why would you cut the major competition for someone who should be fighting for a job? I mean really. Now he's competing against an UDFA kicker (who I know nothing about - so he MAY be THE competition).

Boswell will bring us a new SB, mark it down

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i think he will be fine BUT
    besides having to overcome the yips of kicking, he will have to overcome tomlin, colbert, rooney and the media for blaming him for us missing the playoffs
    kids gonna have to really be mentally tough
    Steelers and Shades when Boz is on: 13-3
    Steelers and Shades when Boz sucks: 9-6-1
    No pressure. Be the ball.

"It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776