Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: “Defense is Designed to Lose” – LB Vince Williams

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post
    It means that other teams were, probably, doing something different and they didn't succeed any better than we did and, probably, had better #2 corners, more experienced safeties and a proper set of ILB's. it means that the points they scored in other games is an example of the results of when other teams tried those other things. It should be some indication that those other things didn't work any better or only marginally better.. If they had only been scoring a bunch a points in just a few games, it would be an indicator that the other things DID work.

    in the regular season BAL held them to 10, so whatever they did worked, that game. In the playoffs, SD kicked a bunch of FG to score 23. I'd suggest that, last year, BAL had a better person in the #2 CB spot, the RILB spot and more experienced safeties. The result was, in the PO's they allowed (discounting for the gift TD) 3 less points than we did. Gordon was back in both games (reg season was his first game back), but whatever they did only produced 3 points less with what I would consider better players in those three spots.
    The Rams were scoring tons of points on everyone, just imagine if the Patriots tried something different vs them, wait they did.

    Maybe putting a CB on Allen all day wouldn't have worked, but you know what will never work, using your slow ILBs to cover the other teams #1 WR, I don't care how you spin it, that was idiotic at best.



    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    The Rams were scoring tons of points on everyone, just imagine if the Patriots tried something different vs them, wait they did.

    Maybe putting a CB on Allen all day wouldn't have worked, but you know what will never work, using your slow ILBs to cover the other teams #1 WR, I don't care how you spin it, that was idiotic at best.



    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Yeah, you want to use the *'s as an example? Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

    The team Coach says got to the SB because of their Dominant defense, even though they allowed SD to score 28 points?

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post
    Yeah, you want to use the *'s as an example? Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

    The team Coach says got to the SB because of their Dominant defense, even though they allowed SD to score 28 points?
    If you know football, you know wins come in all shapes and sizes during a season. When push came to shove, NE's D played lights out at the most important time. And,
    last I checked, they won that game vs. the Chargers. Scoreboard....it's all that really matters.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Bufford View Post
    If you know football, you know wins come in all shapes and sizes during a season. When push came to shove, NE's D played lights out at the most important time. And,
    last I checked, they won that game vs. the Chargers. Scoreboard....it's all that really matters.
    Because their offense scored 41, not from what their D did.

    Giving up 28 points is not "lights out", coach Plus, it is significantly easier to play D when you know the offensive play.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post
    Because their offense scored 41, not from what their D did.

    Giving up 28 points is not "lights out", coach Plus, it is significantly easier to play D when you know the offensive play.
    That isn't coach that is booby, coach's dopplewanger.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

  6. #66
    Member Steelworth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    2,601
    Rep Power
    99
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

    "We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  7. #67
    Simple question would you allow your slow ILB to cover the other teams #1 WR on a dozen plays?

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

  8. #68
    This is just another retard Steeler saying dumb shit. Sick of it.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Simple question would you allow your slow ILB to cover the other teams #1 WR on a dozen plays?

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    If it was 1 or 2 plays then you chalk it up to shit happens and sometimes the offense wins. But when it is happening play after play with no subterfuge, that's on the coaches,

    It wasn't like it was some super clever formation or a pick play or a route combo that got the WR covered by a LB. They were simply lining up their best WR in the slot and the steelers were covering the slot with a LB.

    You see now why the Steelers were so desperate to draft Devin Bush. Their coaches sure aren't going to figure out how to cover the middle so they hope they just get a great player and have him take care of it for them.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    If it was 1 or 2 plays then you chalk it up to shit happens and sometimes the offense wins. But when it is happening play after play with no subterfuge, that's on the coaches,

    It wasn't like it was some super clever formation or a pick play or a route combo that got the WR covered by a LB. They were simply lining up their best WR in the slot and the steelers were covering the slot with a LB.

    You see now why the Steelers were so desperate to draft Devin Bush. Their coaches sure aren't going to figure out how to cover the middle so they hope they just get a great player and have him take care of it for them.
    Exactly, the offense will win the match up game from time to time, but they continually allowed Williams or Bostic to get matched up on Allen, similar to Timmons trying to cover Edlemen in the middle of the field vs NE

    Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation