Page 67 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1618

Thread: 2019-20 Penguins and NHL Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    I really hope Jason Zucker is not Derick Brassard 2.0. He looks a lot smaller than what he's listed. I will not judge him on one game, but I do hope the chemistry clicks fast.
    Man, I’ve had this thought too. Team humming along and a trade fucks it all up. That Brassard trade was horrible for team chemistry. God, I pray that shit doesn’t happen again.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
    I have my fingers crossed. Zucker has always been solid. I don't think he will be a Brassard but I'm not positive he is a Guentzel either. I'm trusting GMJR on this one.
    Oh, he’s definitely not Guentzel. I don’t think Guentzel will ever be able to carry a franchise, but man, he can play and he’ll be a star wherever he plays.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    He has been solid, but as was Brassard until the trade and he's now doing well on the Island. Like, WTH? I trust GMJR, he's not perfect, but has brought some Cups here, so I will trust his gut. I'm hoping Zucker flourshes here.
    I bought into the Brassard who played for the Rangers. That guy never came to Pittsburgh. 7 teams in 13 years is odd for someone with that skill set. GMJR does make mistakes, plenty. For the most part he has fixed them. Zucker wasn't my first choice I don't think he will fail like Brassard. He's a Top 6 forward and keeping that role. I respect GMJR for having the nerve to go all in. I'm trusting him on this one. Fingers crossed and 4 leaf clover in my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Oh, he’s definitely not Guentzel. I don’t think Guentzel will ever be able to carry a franchise, but man, he can play and he’ll be a star wherever he plays.
    The thing about Jake is that his hockey IQ is off the charts. He thinks the game at a Crosby level. I agree with him not carrying a franchise but 40(ish) goal scorers are hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
    The thing about Jake is that his hockey IQ is off the charts. He thinks the game at a Crosby level. I agree with him not carrying a franchise but 40(ish) goal scorers are hard to find.
    All reports, and one interview I saw, tell me that Zucker does, too. I'm still holding out hope.

Looking forward to seeing how he does after a couple weeks of practice and a few games. I'm sure it will take more than an afternoon skate to fit into the game plan unless he's Ovechkin: "I stand next to goal, you pass puck to me, I shoot".

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Tanev almost gets the shorty.

Rust kills a golden opportunity the Habs had.

Three D men and two forwards on the ice coming out of a 2:00 minor for us.

Crazy game.

Zucker is kinda soft.

Well not much shooting,some hitting and no score thus far.

Zucker for his first!!

BOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!

Zucker for number 2!!!!!

I think Zucker has scored as many goals tonight as Brassard did the whole time he was a Pen.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

That second period was Zuckered! Welcome to the Penguins!

Currently GMJR is Kicking back and smoking a cigarette

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Zucker is kinda soft.
    Not really. He is pretty decent as a forechecker and he can take a punch (LOT OF THEM) LOL.

https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/13641

We get a national tv game tomorrow vs the redwings. Man the wings look awful.

Blog Entries
    Hope Zucker keeps it up. I was pretty amped for that second period.
    Someone clicking with Sid

Pens are pounding Wings 4-1

Good to see Sid back scoring, Horny is dominating in front

Hornquist with the hat trick!

This year's version of the Pens is fun to watch. Hope to be moved home this time next year and catch a few games. My son moved to Johnstown in late 2018 and he's be to 3 or 4 games. I have never even driven past the 'new' arena. (Haven't been to a Stillers game at Heinz yet either).
    Last edited by stillerfaninfl; 02-17-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Page 67 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast